Zorn and Thorn?

mattbgamer

Solider of the Wasteland
Veteran
North of Ohio, South of Canada, West of Wisconsin,
Gil
So these guys are kinda weird right? I mean not only were these guy's dialog horrible to read but it was also really annoying. And the two battles while not particularly hard they were annoying as well. I just didn't like them at all,
and I was glad when they finally died

Anybody feel the same way, or did you like them?

They possessed some minor comic relief on the other side of their unsavoury actions, but didn't provide enough for me to
lament their ultimate loss
. They're not by any means forgettable, though certainly not for the reason (on my part) of being hated enough to want to bash their heads in.

Their twist was quite an interesting one, but with it having absolutely no backstory or justification it just makes them kind of... additionally rubbish and last-minute characters.

i remember they were actually
a monster divided in two
. wierded me out, and then confused me. no explanation either.

Oh heck yeah dude the 'twins' are frickin' creepy and annoying. And yeah what they always had to say what quite useless and i always skipped them XD. I mean, their CLOWNS(sortish?) <--- explanation needed?? xD i HATE CLOWNS! yeek >_<

I just liked their theme music. Aside from that, I really didn't care for either of them as characters, there wasn't enough effort put into developing them.

Probably the most annoying FF characters ever. The dialogue was horrible and remembers me to much of Huey, Duey and Louie (or whatever Donald Duck names his kids in English :P) and their actions mostly resulted in more annoying gamesplay then interesting new challenges.

Those two irritated me so much just by being there. Both have extremely hideous faces that thankfully, are obscured a bit due to the limited graphical capabilities of the PSone.

Zorn and Thorn are just there to be throwaway villains. They have no real backstory- they're simply court jesters-made servants by the game's bigger villains. Who would even want these two to be court jesters anyway :gasp:

Their dialogue is very limited and irritating because of Thorn trying to be Yoda. Their
combined form Meltigemini
is no big deal either. Once
it dies, Zorn and Thorn are just condemned to oblivion
. End of.

I don't like them but I think they were cool characters. They fit the story. They made a cool boss fight when they fused together. I like those names also Zorn and Thorn. I could see myself naming my children Zorn and Thorn...haha naw j/k

I for one like these guys. I certainly don't hate them. And what cracked me up the most was when Black Waltz No. 3 commandeered their ship. remember? I was like "wth"? It didn't make sense at the end of that scene, but that's what's funny about it.

Yea man... i couldnt stand them either... i wuz ttly ready to ring both their
or his
necks! i h8ed those guyz w/ a passion.... :eek:uttahere:a lot like this guy.... XD

Seriously. I thought that when they were laying there on the ground, that they were dead. I never would have thought the first time I played that
they would turn into Meltigemini
. Wasn't that hard of a fight, though.

I liked them a bit. They kept reminding me of Kefka for some reason :hmmm: They were comic relief, but they were also wicked and devilish. I was glad when they got theirs. They were great as a boss, though.

They were just one of many obstacles in the game to prolong it. Not to say it's a bad thing, i didn't like them but i liked beating them. They were somewhat of a challenge but i still beat them fairly easily. That and they were creepy as hell, i was glad when they were finally gone when i beat them.

I didn't like them at all, they were just annoying as all get out, just another thing about FFIX that I think is lame.

Once I beat the game, that was it, I am not playing through it again to go through those mental clown like characters' pieces of the game, among other boring chunks of the game. >.>

I adore these two characters, mainly because of thier artistic design...and was so frustrated when it turned out that they were
a rather bland two headed typical monster.
They had a heck of a lot of potential and to be fair fufilled it for most of the time they were around. The way I saw it, the fact that Brahne let Jesters run most of her duties left a lot of rasied eyebrows.

Their theme is one my favourite musics in the game, and i did like the comic relief they provided time to time.
Not essencial characters in the game but, on the other hand, without them the game would'nt have any clowns....hmmm...right...:thehell:

Their theme is one my favourite musics in the game, and i did like the comic relief they provided time to time.
Not essencial characters in the game but, on the other hand, without them the game would'nt have any clowns....hmmm...right...:thehell:

Right. Games need a form of comic relief. Or at least some funny looking characters. Just look at Kefka. For some reason, I believe Zorn and Thorn were based on this guy a little. And even though he's THE most evil clown/clown-like person I have ever seen, just seeing him makes me chuckle sometimes.

Zorn and Thorn. I think
their death was a little premature
, don't you think?

This is probably why I decided they should be Kefka in the claymation movie- FFIX was already mixing in so many aspects of the original game and hinting that so many characters were others from before. I seriously think that it's entirely possibly for it to happen.

I actually, liked these two. I love their dialogues I thought they were hilarious, especially with Thorn saying the same sentence as Zorn, just back to front.

I actually don't know many other people who didn't find them irratating though but I thought they were great characters :)

Back