Advent Children Your opinions of the GEOSTIGMA

Oh, well, I think it played out pretty well. We definitely had to see what'd become of the chars afterwards, so AC was a must-have IMO. Geostigma actually went int quite nicely, for being a completley new idea.

they should've just explained what they hell it was and all first.

Oh, well, I think it played out pretty well. We definitely had to see what'd become of the chars afterwards, so AC was a must-have IMO. Geostigma actually went int quite nicely, for being a completley new idea.

they should've just explained what they hell it was and all first.

Yep, I think Geostigma was a great idea too. But of course they couldn't explain it all in AC; how else would they sucker us consumers into buying all the para-accessories?

one word: ROFL
Thats not even a word, its an internet abbreviation of 4 fool! :P

Geostigma was probably the only really good bit to AC plot. It showed that though not physically whole, Sephiroth and Jenova can still exist in some form and keep influence in the planet. A being such as Jenova cannot be merely defeated by swords and guns (and hairpins) yet could wreck havoc from within at a cellular level. Geostigma was a real crisis for the Planet and its inhabitance and its concept followed up the original game well. Reading the Case of Denzel story to have everything fit is a good idea.

As for the other parts of AC such as the Remnants, Cloud being emo, and worst of all RUFUS! (you cunts SE!) just wasn't cool. Also where the hell is Jonny? he could at least have a cameo role! >_<

The geostigma gave the movie a nice touch but i think it was pretty pointless.

I think you could say that about Advent Children in general except for the Geostigma and its affiliated elements (theme of infection, Denzel, etc.). But to each his own, I suppose - but it still makes me sad that some people think AC is just as good as the game.

you know you people seem to be leaving out that at the end of FF7 Sephiroth first form had an attack called Geostigma that gave a lot of damage and cast poison on the party

I think you could say that about Advent Children in general except for the Geostigma and its affiliated elements (theme of infection, Denzel, etc.). But to each his own, I suppose - but it still makes me sad that some people think AC is just as good as the game.
Whats sadder is that there are people who think AC IS the game >_<

you know you people seem to be leaving out that at the end of FF7 Sephiroth first form had an attack called Geostigma that gave a lot of damage and cast poison on the party
I think I remember that, but its been a long while since I've had a lenghty battle with Sephiroth for him to use it. He's too easy >_<

LMAO yeah, I always over prepare for a big battle. Thus, end bosses go down easy.

Ya know, I defeated the internet. The end boss was hard.

:P anyways, it's really sad when people think AC is the game. *sigh* But, AC graphics + FF7 = orgasmic glee.

:P anyways, it's really sad when people think AC is the game. *sigh* But, AC graphics + FF7 = orgasmic glee.
[/quote]

i agree heehee :)

1.so geostigma is caused by contact with the lifestream rite? so how come tifa didnt get it since she fell into the life stream at one point in the game? and the children that had it.. did they come in contact with it at the end of the ff7?

2.this questions off topic but in doc when we see cloud again hes wearing that long black sleeve. i thought he only wore that because he had the stigma. does that mean he has it again? and if it does, does that mean that he can never fully b rid of it since he has jenova cells inside of him

Oh, easy answer.

Tifa didn't get it because Geostigma didn't even exist when she fell in. Also, it isn't contact with the Lifestream that causes it, it's contact with Jenova cells that are in the Lifestream.

And, though I haven't played DoC, his char design is probably like that because the creators think it looks cooler.

It doesn't.

Also, they've used that code more, and/or DoC happens befor AC. Which would explain why he still has that dorky sleeve.

Men. Can't even dress themselves right. *sigh* (srsly, his gloves don't even match!)

anyways....

yeah, no he was cured of Geostigma and Jenova is officially gone for good. No more Jenova at all. :D

I find it a bit strange that Sephiroth would send a disease out...

Meh that's just me.

I would say it is a virus because they were not able to cure it. Though many diseases are viruses anyway.

Oh, easy answer.

Tifa didn't get it because Geostigma didn't even exist when she fell in. Also, it isn't contact with the Lifestream that causes it, it's contact with Jenova cells that are in the Lifestream.

And, though I haven't played DoC, his char design is probably like that because the creators think it looks cooler.

It doesn't.

Also, they've used that code more, and/or DoC happens befor AC. Which would explain why he still has that dorky sleeve.

Men. Can't even dress themselves right. *sigh* (srsly, his gloves don't even match!)

anyways....

yeah, no he was cured of Geostigma and Jenova is officially gone for good. No more Jenova at all. :D

oh lol that explains why she didnt get it. thanx for answering that. but doc actually takes place one year after advent children, so i guess mayb he just liked the long sleeve?

I guess so.

If you ask me, he only looks like a dork with the one sleeve. :monster:

A very plausible explanation for the sleeve is that that particular form/style they used the most often, so they just used it there. Like how Tifa has the same outfit in KH as she does in AC.

That, or, again, they just thought it looked cooler. Which it doesn't. -.-

i no it looks goofy :D hey another sixteen year old! i waz beginning to think i waz the only one lol

I guess so.

If you ask me, he only looks like a dork with the one sleeve. :monster:

A very plausible explanation for the sleeve is that that particular form/style they used the most often, so they just used it there. Like how Tifa has the same outfit in KH as she does in AC.

That, or, again, they just thought it looked cooler. Which it doesn't. -.-

Plus the game creators cheated and used the same animation sequences of Cloud that they used in AC in DoC. Just so they didn't have to make a load more animation of Cloud, they thought meh, let's leave the sleeve. Lazy, just lazy!!:mad:

No, actually I don't think that's it at all. I've seen quite a few Japanese characters with the one-sleeve design. It's all part of a fighter/warrior's outfit. Remember Yuffie's outfit in FFVII? She only had one (sort of like) sleeve as well. Yuffie's Sleeve thing It's just a traditional part of the outfit. I actually really like it on Cloud. I think it suits him.

Anyway, I have to wonder since we're discussing the Geostigma. Cloud didn't come in such strong contact with the Lifestream like Levy and all those other people did in Denzel's Story, so when Cloud found Denzel by his bike outside of Aerith's church, is that when he contracted the stigma? It is possible that Cloud got it from Denzel? Just a thought...

No, actually I don't think that's it at all. I've seen quite a few Japanese characters with the one-sleeve design. It's all part of a fighter/warrior's outfit. Remember Yuffie's outfit in FFVII? She only had one (sort of like) sleeve as well. Yuffie's Sleeve thing It's just a traditional part of the outfit. I actually really like it on Cloud. I think it suits him.

Anyway, I have to wonder since we're discussing the Geostigma. Cloud didn't come in such strong contact with the Lifestream like Levy and all those other people did in Denzel's Story, so when Cloud found Denzel by his bike outside of Aerith's church, is that when he contracted the stigma? It is possible that Cloud got it from Denzel? Just a thought...

Well according to what little I know about FFVII's storyline, Cloud spent years as part of some sort of experiment and he was infused with J-Cells, right? If that so, isn't the so called "Reunion" that Kadaj talks about the gathering of all J-Cells inside beings that have been infected Geostigma? Cloud has been experimenting the effects of the Geostigma since the beginning of the film, hiding from others and slowly allowing this disease to eat him, for his guilt for not being able to save Aerith is killing him as well. Maybe Cloud's Geostigma remained inactive in his body, until the whole Geostigma spread through Midgar.

Well according to what little I know about FFVII's storyline, Cloud spent years as part of some sort of experiment and he was infused with J-Cells, right? If that so, isn't the so called "Reunion" that Kadaj talks about the gathering of all J-Cells inside beings that have been infected Geostigma? Cloud has been experimenting the effects of the Geostigma since the beginning of the film, hiding from others and slowly allowing this disease to eat him, for his guilt for not being able to save Aerith is killing him as well. Maybe Cloud's Geostigma remained inactive in his body, until the whole Geostigma spread through Midgar.

No see, I really don't think it is. Otherwise he would have had geostigma right away when he was released from all that experimentation. The geostigma was killing people and spreading way too quickly. It was the contaminated J-Cells that were released from the Lifestream when it burst out of the earth. That's what made everyone so sick. The people who'd come into contact with those particular cells had gotten sick. I would think if that would have been the case, Cloud would have been the first victim and would have died a long time ago. Geostigma wasn't even around when all those experiments were happening. Geostigma wasn't born until after the Lifestream burst out of the planet. It wasn't Cloud who was the original carrier.

Back