Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
So where do you prefer to go on dates? Do you like the romantic atmosphere or maybe head to a concert or movies? Do you make the initial 'move' or does it just come naturally for you both? Are you awkward?!

Any interesting stories to share with us? What's your experience like when it comes to dating?

My husband and I have different ideas when it comes to an ideal date. He enjoys sitting at home with a cooked meal and playing games or a movie.

I enjoy daytime drives out of town doing things or maybe sitting down at a restaurant to chat. One of my favorite day driving days (It's kinda lame, but oh well!) is Goodwill hoping - Basically bouncing around from thrift store to thrift store in search of some hidden treasures :-) I've found a fair share of video game collectables among other things.

I thought I'd share an embarrassing date... It really isn't anything special but it was our first date ever and I was so shy and nervous!

My husband and I met through my aunt (who at the time was dating one of my husband's friends.) We connected via Facebook, chatted a bit, and decided to just do a casual meet up at a fast food joint. I was so nervous but I got there and parked in the parking lot, as one does. I knew the area but not very well. I texted him I was there waiting and he said that he was also there, but he didn't see anyone. Confused, I looked around and texted back that I didn't see anyone pull up?

At this point he said he was standing outside the building. I look behind me and no one was there. I started to think that maybe I was dumb and went to the wrong place? And then I looked next door at the other building and there he was, looking a bit upset. Moron me parked in the completely wrong parking lot to the wrong fast food place. DX I made the long walk of embarrassment from my car and across the two parking lots over to him. He told me later on that he wholeheartedly thought I stood him up. 😥

Sorry, I doubt it was that interesting but it was fun to share! I didn't date around much 😄

There are a few things I like to do for a date. I enjoy going out to lunch or dinner at a restaurant just to be able to talk about things and get to know the other person better.

I also enjoy doing activities - things like bowling, darts, pool (not the swimming kind, but the 8-ball kind), or mini-golf.

Movies are OK too, but not my preferred for a first date. Not much room to talk and get to know the other person unless you go eat afterwards.

Funny thing me and my partner have been together for 13 years and never been on a "date". We've been out around town, drinking, to the cinema, or for dinner but nothing we'd ever consider a date. So I'm clueless. Though I suppose by definition we have, my ideal idea of a date is just me and my partner having a laugh together.

@DaggerTribal Very cute story! I hope the first date went well at least and that you made it up to him somehow. ;)

I'm pretty awkward with my husband when we do go out on a date. The last time I went out with him, we went to a botanical garden, which was a couple weeks ago... but before that, our last date was a couple years ago at a Vietnamese restaurant. It was not romantic at all because the place had zero respect on personal space. I was practically sitting next to a stranger, as in that's how close people were sitting next to each other.

My ideal date has to be someplace that gives me a peace of mind. So, probably not movies. That's more a family type of date and we bring our kids with us. A stroll in the park would be nice enough, but it can't be too sunny or I'll get a headache! I try to stay away from the sun when I can. I'm not really into anything chaotic or with loud music. I can sit in silence and listen to my thoughts or his thoughts, but then I'm not sure my husband is comfortable with me like that, lol. Maybe I'm just weird?!

I thought I'd share an embarrassing date... It really isn't anything special but it was our first date ever and I was so shy and nervous!

My husband and I met through my aunt (who at the time was dating one of my husband's friends.) We connected via Facebook, chatted a bit, and decided to just do a casual meet up at a fast food joint. I was so nervous but I got there and parked in the parking lot, as one does. I knew the area but not very well. I texted him I was there waiting and he said that he was also there, but he didn't see anyone. Confused, I looked around and texted back that I didn't see anyone pull up?

At this point he said he was standing outside the building. I look behind me and no one was there. I started to think that maybe I was dumb and went to the wrong place? And then I looked next door at the other building and there he was, looking a bit upset. Moron me parked in the completely wrong parking lot to the wrong fast food place. DX I made the long walk of embarrassment from my car and across the two parking lots over to him. He told me later on that he wholeheartedly thought I stood him up. 😥
This also happened to me with the last woman I dated, though in my defence it was the same cafe chain and they were a 15 minute walk apart.

She took it in good spirits though so it was good 😅

My ideal date would either be some form of unique experience, or at home on the sofa with lots of cuddles. I’m a huge cuddleslut 😂

Anything can be a great date with the right person though 😍

I'm in the romantic clan, I'd like to meet someone that I will really love and that will really love me. Same as Belazor I like a lot cuddles =3
She will have to understand I need to spend hours daily for my music and community and that I stay up until 3-4-5-6 am and after I stay in bed until lunch time. This is not easy but I think if she has a job or any activity that works a bit the same way it would be easier to find some time to be together and press the computer pause button at the same time without perturbating our projects.

Actually I'm single and I'm in the case of 'all work colleagues and friends are already taken or are not interested or are too young or too old'. I'm not a night clubs or bars guy so I'm not doing the 'you should go outside to meet new people'.

I've grown a passion for my video games covers and the most of my freetime goes into it, I would love to make it my job one day, I've made it my main life project as this is giving me happiness and is something I really like. This way if I don't have the chance to meet her, at least I'll have something I'm happy with. If I meet her, then my life will be complete :)

Back