Your IQ?

You do realise that I said that in jest? I'm not being aggressive, there's no reason why you should be.

And at what point did I question people's intelligence? I questioned their IQ score.

Last edited:
You do realise that I said that in jest? I'm not being aggressive, there's is no reason why you should be.

And at what point did I question people's intelligence? I questioned their IQ score.
I wasn't being aggressive, I was being sarcastic :monster:
IQ = intelligence test: a psychometric test of intelligence
So if you question their IQ you question their intelligence unless you are just saying everyone is lying based on people you know :wink:

I had already said that IQ is not an accurate measurement of intelligence. It may be deemed as an intelligence test, but there is actually no definite way of measuring intelligence. Therefore, questioning somebody's IQ score is not questioning their intelligence.

I don't think everyone is lying, but I don't think everyone has been honest either. What is your point?

Any discussion on the internet about anything is far more beneficial to the reader if the people taking part in the discussion are being truthful about themselves. I know the internet is hardly a place where I should expect honesty, but it would be oh-so-nice if I could.

I guess it would be better to discuss how intelligence could possibly be measured, but that's not the topic at hand here, but I really want to stress that if someone had an IQ of 80, it does not mean in any shape or form that that person is stupid.

The branch of intelligence that I value, personally, is the ability to think outside of the box, and accept that the world and people think in different ways. That's far more useful to society in general than being able to calculate 28x6+765 in a few seconds.

I just took a test on Bebo there to discover that I have an IQ of 129, which put me third-highest on my entire friends list.

Yep xD
On my page it says Me, Bullions then you xD
I was quite proud of that, although on the National IQ Test on TV I got like 100 lmao.. it varies a lot, the most accurate would be a Mensa IQ test.

The last time I took an IQ test was about half a year ago. I remember getting depressed (jokingly depressed) because I only scored 5 points higher than Malcom from Malcom in the Middle. His was 160, whereas I got 165.

Last time I took one I got roughly 135. Funny thing, I remember getting something around 160 back when I was 12...

Anyhow, IQ tests aren't a very accurate way to measure someone's intelligence (but what is, really?) They basically rate your problem solving abilities, taking different types of 'problems', which still only target a certain field of your 'intelligence'. You can have a high IQ but be totally oblivious to why a joke is funny, or make the completely wrong decisions in life based purely on laziness or stupid fears or superstitions. So yeah... I wouldn't take IQ too high into consideration when thinking about how smart a person really is.

My oh my. The previous posts make me feel so inferior. The last time I took the test, I had an IQ of around 110. Then again, it might be because, back then, I was still younger? That's about 1, to 2 years back, after all.

Fortunately, it's safe to say that IQ isn't the best way to identify if someone is actually intelligent. What I would say is that since IQ tests are taken under conditions where you can actually sit and think for an indefinite period of time, it wouldn't be as accurate as knowing people who can think in that trying situation, and produce an effective measure to counter the problem at hand. (Well, apparently, that's called resourcefulness. )

I agree, the IQ test isn't accurate at all. There are different types of IQ tests which focus on many different aspects of your mind. So theoretically, in order to get anywhere near a accurate rating, you would have to take every IQ test known to man. Then I could guarantee you that it would still be inaccurate.

i took a test and got 134 which i do not think is too bad xD

Back