Your IQ?

back last year, I took one. It was meant for people above 18, but, meh.

I got 110, which I'm not really happy about, but, since then, I think I've gotten smarter.

I'm not egotistic, who said that? :monster:

I think IQ tests are bullshit, one tells me I'm a genius another tells me I'm a retard. With that said though, they can be kinda fun as long as you don't take them too seriously (especially the online ones)

Anyway back to the topic , I usually get anywhere from 110 - 130

I haven't taken one since I was early teens and then I pulled off a pretty good score and beat all the others in my family.

Might go about taking another soon, but it's hard to tell which ones are really reliable at all.

I had a real one about a year ago, I'm 123. I'm much too lazy to take online ones for the lulz, the real test fucking sucked, it was like sitting through a standardized test in highschool.

I used to get around the high 130 somethings, and then after that, it just keeps dropping and dropping and dropping...Even though I do math in my sleep whenever I can.

I think I'm going senile, even though I'm not even 30.

I took an online IQ test about a year ago, and it was 142. I've never taken an official, proper one though, so I don't really know for sure.

I took a few online IQ tests.
On the first one, I ended up with 113, on the second one, I ended up with 136, on the third one, I ended up with 115, the fourth one, I ended up with 120, and the fifth one (which was meant for those 18 or older, which I am well under) a 103.

I honestly think that they are inaccurate. I find that even intelligent people end up with low scores, and not-so-bright people end up with awesome scores. The only time I think they would work would be at extremes: either for a genius or a retard (the literal term). As well as the "people who solve puzzles well have a superior deductive reasoning ability" theory.

Well, about 2 years ago, or maybe one, I took an online I.Q. test. I got, if I remember correctly, 104 or something.

I think IQ tests are bullshit, one tells me I'm a genius another tells me I'm a retard. With that said though, they can be kinda fun as long as you don't take them too seriously (especially the online ones)
Agreed!
I.Q. Tests are just an ego bust for people who want to feel better than others, when the real smart people shouldn't give a damn.

Wow, you are all so intelligent! Considering the average is 100, this board seems to be full of geniuses!

Or liars.

I think I just test well :wacky:

I always did well in test an' shzz in school but Im hardly the sharpest tool in the box :gasp:

Does everyone actually believe the scores of everyone else?

In real life, I only know three people with an IQ of over 130, and yet almost everyone here scores higher than this.

IQ is hardly an all round way of measuring intelligence anyway. It's a test designed by white male Americans for white male Americans. Since each culture has different kinds of intellectual training, it is hardly an accurate source for other cultures to measure their own intelligence.

My result is on my MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/nicolajarvis), coded, as given by the site I took the test on. Since no IQ test is the same, and since it depends on your state of mind at the time, it's hardly likely you will get the same result everytime, on every test. They can vary between 20 points - an enormous margin.

Yeah I think I mentioned somewhere else that the second time I did it I got 118 and another i did i got 115, the alcohol affects my brain :gasp:

Does everyone actually believe the scores of everyone else?

In real life, I only know three people with an IQ of over 130, and yet almost everyone here scores higher than this.

IQ is hardly an all round way of measuring intelligence anyway. It's a test designed by white male Americans for white male Americans. Since each culture has different kinds of intellectual training, it is hardly an accurate source for other cultures to measure their own intelligence.

My result is on my MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/nicolajarvis), coded, as given by the site I took the test on. Since no IQ test is the same, and since it depends on your state of mind at the time, it's hardly likely you will get the same result everytime, on every test. They can vary between 20 points - an enormous margin.
Cynicism is very cheap, questioning other people's scores doesn't make you look good.
There's a element of truth to what you say, infact I agree with you about the reliability of IQ tests. However, there is no need to challenge what people say they got in an IQ test

Cynicism tends to be reality, I'm afraid. I would have preferred a more accurate array of answers. It would have made the topic a bit more interesting and satisfying. I didn't say what I said in the hope of painting a better picture of myself, it was written in the hope that the following answers would be more honest.

Spppppppaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm!
...you've already said IQ tests are pretty much unreliable so why question peoples intelligence. Contradiction.

Last edited:
You're just jealous of my Snake score. ;)

Does anyone play Brain Training or Brain Academy on the DS?

Brain Academy is incredibly difficult! I got the brain age of 20 after only a few tries on Brain Training (it's far too easy and repetitive), but I am still stuggling on the Academy. I have reached as a high as a grade B, but can't seem to get any further. :(

Back