Your Favourite Character And Why?

My favorite is definitely Zidane. I feel bad saying the main character -- obviously you're supposed to like him a lot -- but I like his story. It reminds me a lot of Cecil's (actually, they're nearly the same).

His existential plotline couples with Vivi's existential crisis pretty well too. Zidane also is a very strong character -- he only freaks out when he's on Terra, and then he pulls together pretty well. It was fun seeing that out of character moment too.

Overally, enjoyable character!

merikofreya.jpg

Freya is my personal favorite. She doesn't hesitate to rag on people (shown by Zidane's encounter with her at the bar where she play-threatens to mop the floor with Zidane's face). She's strongly loyal to the man she loves, even after she learns that he had forgotten everything, including her. She's also the voice of reason in the group. Her Jump ability allows her to evade powerful attacks, leaving her for emergency rezzing if one of the other members are KO'd. And when tranced, she remains in the air longer and rains down the pain while being immune to any and every sort of attack while Jumping.

I used to love Vivi the most because he was cute
but now that I've played my second play through I have changed my mind to Zidane. I found him to be really strong willed, he was funny as a character and just such a nice guy. Its great to see an FF character that isn't a Brooding moody little shit (yes i am talking about you Cloud and Squall) I also love his love story, I think its very cute although sometimes he is a little obsessed with Garnet.
I still love Vivi but atm he is tied in second place with Steiner....Steiner is lulz :D

Vivi, through and through. I liked him best before playing the game as he was adorable. I haven't played the game the full way through, as I don't own it, and had only borrowed it from my cousin.
But while playing what parts I did of the game, the opinion of him being adorable didn't change. He's great. Definitely my favourite character from what I know of the game.

For a main character, Zidane is good as well. But Vivi is always going to be my favourite.

Vivi!... is a close second.

But my favorite character is Quina. S/he is the bomb! Funny, lovable, and Blue Magic is probably one of the most helpful things in the entire game. A great support character in battle, and always nice to get as early as possible.

I'll just name three favorites even though I basically like the whole cast, minus a few characters.

Zidane, he's a beast with the double daggers plus he's funny.

Blank, he's got that cool persona around him that makes you like him.

Kuja, the dude is a bad-ass. He is one of the very few successful villains.

for me all the characters of ffIX have a nice aura that you can feel and makes you fall in love so easyly of them
all the enviroment of the game it's too dreamer and special is the last fairy tale of the numered titles of final fantasy so far.

but if i have to make a choice maybe my favorite characters are zorn and thorn they are a really funny mystics and they have a weird and bizarre way of see the things
like if they were maniacs aliens, I like that focus.

My favorites are Vincent, because he's so awesome, and Vanille, because she's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot.

Too many good ones to pick just one! :ohshit:

But if I must...

9beatrix-b.jpg

~Beatrix~
When she was first introduced, I thought to myself, "Oh, great..." because I thought she was going to be a very stereotypical "I will die for my country!" war general that would never get a scrap of character development, but I was definitely wrong. As the game progressed and I saw more of her, I began to love her. Up until that point, Garnet had been my overall favorite (Zidane and Steiner being in my #2 spot). When Zidane rescued Garnet before Brahne reached the castle to execute her and Beatrix found her unconscious, her sincere concern for Garnet showed me that she really does have a wonderful heart. When it was revealed to her that Brahne was up to no good, she was the first one to immediately vow never to serve her again (while Steiner was completely in denial). Her straightforward decisions, her willingness to set differences aside and help the group, and the fact that she truly is a good person is what made me favor her over the other characters. Not to mention that she's a complete and total badass. And have you ever seen a FF character who is able to maintain curls as enormous as hers? I think not. :sup:

Quina!

I just love the way he/she acts. He/she is hilarious. I wish that Quina got a bit more fleshed out in the storyline but most of the characters don't seem to be fully fully realized (a problem that occurs in FF8 too).

After my first play through I think I liked Vivi the most as a character, but never really played with him that much as I raced through and hardly had any MP. But I liked his design and how he grew to understand his own existance throughout the game.

But on later playthroughs I really liked Steiner. I really took to him, how funny he is, how much I loved his little metal sneakers! And he's absoultely nails too, so Steiner is my favourite chararcter for me.

Zidane is my fav character of FFIX, mainly because he is possibly the best thief i know in any of the FF games, his Trance was absolutely Epic, and his back story was good too. His general behaviour was alot like mine to, so i could relate to the monkey tailed Genome.

I definitely have to say Vivi on this one. I love how bashful he was, but came up big when you needed him. I felt like he could be a little brother I never had. I felt attached to him in a way that I wanted to protect him and make sure he was alright. However he should not be underestimated in the game, he is extremely powerful and I love it. Always had him in my party when I could.

I'd have to go with Vivi. :x3: he's so cute and gentle, a really lovely character who goes through a lot in the game! I actually like all the characters in FFIX but there's something about Vivi that makes me want to give him a hug and a cookie!

my favorite character is Zidane because his personality is very unique in a way and he is the main leader of the pack. the best part about him is when he goes into his trance form that is so sweet especially with the moves that he has in that form

my favorite character is Zidane because his personality is very unique in a way and he is the main leader of the pack. the best part about him is when he goes into his trance form that is so sweet especially with the moves that he has in that form

Really? Zidane is your favorite...huh...I didn't get that from you. I thought you were a Steiner fan or something. I don't know why...you just give off that presence I guess.

Lol just messing around. :P

Zidane is probably my second favorite after Vivi of course.

My favorite was definitely Garnet. I thought she had it all--she had the innocence, but spunk enough to run away. She was strong even under pressure, she had an open mind to absorb information, and she was absolutely beautiful. She could be sarcastic, and she tricked all of them several times. She was smart and spunky and I liked her. ^_^

Back