Your Favorite Final Fantasy Character?

My favorite Final Fantasy character is Aerith, of course. She's so beautiful, intelligent, kind, loving, and brave. She saved Gaia in Final Fantasy VII, by using the Lifestream as a weapon to push Meteor back enough so that Holy can take effect. She's pretty awesome. She's just so loving and amazing. I've always felt that she knew that she was going to die, as she tells Cloud, "I'll be back when it's all over", and 'all over' meaning when Sephiroth is dead and the time to come back to save the planet is nigh. She's just the kind of person I'd want to be, even if she is fictional. I want to be as kind and loving and patient as she is, and she's definitely my fictional role model and has been since I was a child.

I really like Tidus. I know lots of people hate him but I found him a very realistic lead character, and very strong emotionally compared to the two before him. He was so lively and tried to keep his spirits up even when he got nothing but blows all the way through the game. I think out of all the hero's in Final Fantasy Tidus is the one who went through the worst time in the game. Apart from Cloud, obviously, but Cloud's character is far weaker which in comparison is why I see Tidus as a stronger character when it comes to overcoming hard truths.

As for female characters I liked Fran a lot, she had such a tragic story but despite that was a very strong and willful woman. She was focused and loyal and good. Definitely one of the better Final Fantasy characters.

And I can't not mention Cid :) who's great just because he gets around everywhere.

Xx..xX

Fran, simply because she is one of the few darker skinned plyable charcters in the entire series. Her accent is so beautiful. *___* And she's a bunny!

But seriously, she was a character with class and wasn't all lovey-dovey boo hoo. She was slightly diffrent that the regular archetypes that constantly reoccur.

If I had to pick a make character, it would be Auron or Nanaki. Nanaki's backstory made me cry if I remember correctly and Auron is just a badass.

I have a tendency to lean towards villains, so I'll go with Kefka. He's such a lovably genocidal nutcase, and he has some of the best snippets of dialogue in the entire series.

Also KINDA along the villain lines but not really, Jecht from Final Fantasy X. He's a jerk with a good heart, as well as a horrifying monster who can't really control himself. What a pickle. (And his voice actor, Gregg Berger, did Grimlock in Transformers. THAT'S AWESOME.)

When I think about my favorite characters, I think about the story and what the character went through and how they handled it, basically what defined their personality. So my top 3 characters are:

1) Princess Garnet: I love the innocence, humility, and compassion she showed throughout the entire game. From a princess who felt misplaced and wanted to be kidnapped to a queen who was ready to take on the world. There is this certain depth and longingness about her that is hard to explain. No other character in video games has a better personality and inspires me more.

2) Squall Leonhart: A loner to a lover. Someone who didn't even want to talk to Rinoa to someone who would jump into space with nothing but tunnel vision to save her. That is the kind of character development missing from games these days. And how can you not love his awesome suit and arguably the coolest weapon in all of final fantasy with the gunblade.

3) Rinoa Heartilly: One of my favorites just because of how upbeat and excited she always seems to be. She single handedly changed Squall. She refuses to give up and always looks on the bright side. A complete opposite of Squall and yet such a perfect fit. I think of nothing but happiness and fulfillment when I think about Rinoa.

To be honest, it is a tie between Cloud, from VII, and Balthier from XII. I like Cloud because in many ways he is a complex character, the way that his personility changes from the beginning of VII to the end is One of my favorite character developments in any RPG. The reason I say Balthier is that he is so witty and sarcastic that it makes for some interesting flair in an otherwise dull story.

Celes, I felt really bad for her throughout the game, and i thought it was great how she came back and got her life back together. others would be Yuna, Kefka, and Auron.

It's got to be Squall for me I was similar to him at his age in the fact I was really reserved (just lacked the scar across my forehead) and his attitude was good, especially how he went from lone wolf into a leader after a while and he uses the best weapons in any game full stop.

Another mention is Rinoa, because of the way she was with Squall. Even at the begining she was a bit of a spoilt brat and acted quite childish (like on her mission with the train and her little meetings with those two other guys) but then she started to mature and it rubbed off really well on Squall.

Vivi gets a mention too as he's just the little guy....but when you piss him off he has masses of power which I think is fantastic as people always seem to underestimate the little guy.

Kuja even though he dressed a bit like a woman, his character was interesting and I could understand his reasoning behind what he wanted to do, plus when he goes trance it becomes one of my favourite battles of all FF's

top five hmmm....

well...my top most favorite is
1. zack fair (like duh! he is the most coolest guy ever XD i know i keep talkin about zack and zack and zack...but he was just damn too good ><)
2. laguna loire (the guy with the most awesomestic story i think :3 i really loved his story...i wish there was a totally a new FF about his own life...well FFVIII made it up for it :p )
3. aerith (my love of life <3 )
4. squall leonhart (ho ho ho :p i don't know what to say about it...but i really loved his character...specially his "go talk to the wall" part XD)
4. lightning (i only played DDFF but that was enough for me to fell in love with her)

*points to sig*

I'd say Cloud because I like the general attitude he carried in FFVII. Dry humor and sarcasm are always appreciated in my book so he always stuck out to me from the rest. The plot twist over his actual identity was also memorable, especially when the music starts playing once his helmet is taken off in the flashback. :gasp:

Then Advent Children happened...

Just too hard to choose. There are so many. I'll try to narrow it down as much as I possibly can.

Cloud - because I can relate to him. He has a somewhat of a cold demeanor on the outside, but on the inside it's a sea of emotions. Not to mention that he is fantastic to use in battle.

Aeris and Red/Nanaki would come next from the FFVII characters. Aeris because she is like the most positive and friendly female character in any game I have ever played, and Nanaki because he is simply unique and cool.

Vivi - because he is full of innocence and at the same time loneliness, but has the magic potency many dark mages can only dream of.

Auron - simply because of how wise he is and experienced in life. Like there is a massive charisma surrounding him. Plus he is super strong in battle.

Sabin - not only is he amazing to use in combat, but also his general relaxed and light-hearted outlook on life makes him a very cool character.

Terra - she is pretty much the female version of Cloud, so I can say I can relate to her and sympathize with her a lot too.

This one is easy for me to pick. Tifa is my favorite because of how real and down to earth she was made. The only other character in FF7 that had more character depth and growth than her was Cloud, and that's because he was the central protagonist! (Although Cid was awesome too for many reasons!)

She was so influential that she was the reason Cloud went off to do the things he did, AND she survived a near fatal slash from Sephiroth on top of being a martial arts master. So yeah, Tifa is the most amazing FF character to me. ^^

Reactions: Six
I can't choose between Princess Garnet, Aerith, Rinoa, Cloud, Cecil and Serah Farron.

I love Princess Garnet because she tries so hard to be independent and she breaks the old princess stereotype of waiting to be saved, she tried to save herself instead of doing what a usual storybook princess would do. Not to mention that she's also quite strong mentally and even though she goes through so many traumatizing events throughout FF9, she still manages to stay strong and fight through Kuja's plans.

Aerith is amazing because she's also quite strong, maybe not physical but mentally.
Like Garnet even though she's been through a few rough events she still manages to keep a smile and a happy face. She isn't masking it either, like some would. She knows that there's no point in being miserable, because she has hope for the future.

Rinoa, I adore her because she does try and be tough, even though she's not really. She makes mistakes and screws up, which makes her seem so human and relatable. She may not have the mental strength Aerith and Garnet do, but she does try and improve the world and make Timber a better place to live in, and trying is better than not trying at all. She's brave, kind- hearted and she cares about her friends.

Cloud while he's a bit of a liar and a screw- up he's still a loveable hero.

Cecil is just so kind and he has a alot of courage. He wants to fight for what's right. His heart is filled with justice, and he's willing to give up even his life for the one's that he cares about, so they can be safe. He's a great hero.

Serah while she didn't have much screentime in the original game, so far she seems kind, caring, and actually really brave and intelligent. Also she also has a little bit of a silly side to her, which is really neat.

I just can't choose between these six... I love them all equally.

So many...Probably Cloud, Squall and Tidus stand out mostly due to the fact that their personalities change and grow as you play the game. I especially liked seeing Tidus go from a goofy blitzball player to a full fledged guardian. I liked how he changed after finding out about Yuna's fate.

My favourite is probebly Rydia for 4 but i think the warrior of light is very underrated :)
I'm guessing you mean the one from Dissidia 012 right? The original had no personality to speak of since he was just a generic sprite. x_x

Favorite ever - Lulu.
She is wise and soft spoken. Her clothes are crazy awesome. Her weapon was an enchanted doll. She balanced Wakka out and that is the key - balance. I tend to gravitate towards spell casters anywho.

With that said - I really like Lightning. I hope the DLC planned for FFXIII-2 gives her a better chance. She won't knock Lulu out of the top spot. But DAMN she is close.

For the dudes - Balthier. He was so smooth and cool, AND a pirate. He should have been the lead in FFXII.

Back