Would you like to see another spinoff to this game?

Do you want a final fantasy x-3?

• Yes please!

Votes: 126 55.8%
  • No thanks!

Votes: 100 44.2%

• Total voters
I don't support the idea. Because even though I played X-2 before X , I enjoyed it - but I saw how much the actual game paled in comparison to the very first one. If there was an X-3, but if there was an X-3, chances are that I'd buy it just to see if it's any worse or any better than either of the previous two.

I would be ok if it was a SOLID sequel. This is only my opinion but FFX-2 left a lot to be desired. I'm not saying it's a bad game, but it did not feel like FFX at all. They changed too much of it. Getting back to the original question, I'd love a sequel if they brought Auron back and gave Yuna/Tidus more time. I feel weird saying this seeing as I hate Seymour so much, but bringing him back as a brief shadow enemy to fight or something like that might be good. He's one of those villains who's deliciously evil. I'll be an FFX fangirl forever and would welcome an opportunity to explore more of the story on the 360. :D

Depends. I didn't really like X-2 all that much... if they made it more like X I would so play it though! I guess it just all comes down to whether or not it's a bad parody of Sailor Moon or not. ^^;

No not really. The original had such an effect on me playing it at a younger age I think a spin-off would kill that feeling I got. Even FFX - 2 good ending ruined the end of 10 for me.

I wouldn't really mind a movie being made as long as it stuck to nothing other than the story of the game unlike advent children did. Although I loved advent children for the record.

would not wanna see X-3 they shouldnt hav even made X-2 the only spinoff game i would look forward to is a prequel about the journy of jecht auron and braska defeating sin i think that would b awesome

Absolutely not. I was already pissed by the way X-2 ruined X's awesome, bittersweet ending, and I can't help feeling another sequel is only going to make it worse. However, if they did something epic like Sin returning instead of a half-assed Charlie's Angels routine, I might be interested.

I don't think I want one =__=a
because in X-2 itself already gave us a clear happy ending, and what X-3 would be? another flashback? I'm not sure...

I liked FFX-2 for what it was, a fun, happier tromp through Spira. If you look at it as a spin off rather than a sequel, which is probably what it should have been in the first place, then I think you'd see it much less harshly.

I'd love to see an FFX-3, as long as they didn't ruin it but bring post FFX game mechanics in. Keep it turn based, and leave the battle system alone. You don't need to "improve" it or make it "better". If they could do that, and make a story that is more sequel like than spin off like I'd be tempted to buy a PS3 just to play it.

NO.

GOD,NO!!!I mean,the ending of FFX was just too perfect;really,what good would a sequel do for either that game or X-2?And Squeenix should be focusing more than they are on new material,anyway.

Final Fantasy X-3?

Do you think Square would consider making one? Now I know a lot of haters of X-2 are going to be like, " They will not make a X-3 because X-2 was so S***!".
Well I liked X-2 and think it is my third best Final Fantasy game. And I've played, 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 ,9, X, X-2, XII and XIII. I mostly want to see what happens with Tidus and Yuna as the ending *Perfect, good and normal* of Final Fantasy X-2 was a bit too cut off. Also at the end of Final Fantasy X-2 when Gipal says " But don't worry, we haven't seen the last of her." And also when Brother says "See you later Kiddies!".
What do you guys think? Should they make a X-3?

I don't really care for X-3 now... After having played X, I was thinking that a prequel could be fairly interesting. After all, they never quite touched on Braska's journey. I think those three ought to make quite an interesting story.

Although it'll remind me of Crisis Core if they do create something like that. For those who know what came of that pilgrimage, you'll realize the ending would probably be something like Crisis Core's ending lol.

Albeit a slight difference that is.

I don't really care for X-3 now... After having played X, I was thinking that a prequel could be fairly interesting. After all, they never quite touched on Braska's journey. I think those three ought to make quite an interesting story.

Although it'll remind me of Crisis Core if they do create something like that. For those who know what came of that pilgrimage, you'll realize the ending would probably be something like Crisis Core's ending lol.

Albeit a slight difference that is.

I'm scared that if this happens, we will be stuck with some major plot holes, and a whole new series. FINAL FANTASY X AWESOME SET OF MANY NEW GAMES TO COME, MAYBE.

i would like to see an other spin off this game

with the kids of tidus and wakka ^^
or a blitzball spinoff

or both for on the psp or ps3

or have a duo remake for the ps3

i would like for a x-3 with the children off tidus and wakka
for psp or a blitzball spinoff

or duoremake for the ps3

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been thinking a lot about this lately. I wouldn't mind it too horribly if they made a prequel, being the story of Jecht, Braska and Auron... But I wouldn't want any of the game's mechanics changed from Final Fantasy X.

Maybe some something extra, but I liked the Sphere Grid the way that it was. But it does kind of put a wrench in the attraction of the Sphere Grid. By the time you got close to the end of the game, you were heading down the Sphere grid of another character, which gave you quite a bit of diversity.

but I dunno, maybe they could open a tree like Rikku's to Jecht and Wakka's to Auron.

It's a lot to think about, but I think it would turn out nicely if Square Enix actually put some work into it.

I think that with FFX-2 the series took a major blow because of just how stupid it was. So far the only game that has more than one successful spin-off was FF7.

A second sequel to a game that has already failed in that catagory would be retarded and would only damage what is left of the good that the original FFX created.

im not going to lie id love not only a Final Fantasy X-3 but id love a film too :)
haha honestly i just cant get enough of it. FFX was my favourite game from the lot. To be honest id love if it never ended :( I had wrote a fan fiction of FFX-3 and i cant find it :( i posted it on a forum (about 2 years ago haha) so obviously is going to be hard to find but i wish i had it to show you guys :( Id like to see more with Seymore and see Tidus and Yuna together properly (lets face it they never really got much time did they?) Im a sucker for the romanitc theme to be honest..

No prequel. We all know how Braska's journey concludes, and how little his pilgrimage really did to stop Sin, besides Jecht's decision to become a fayth. We got a good enough glimpse of his pilgrimage through the hidden "Jecht spheres".

Last edited:
No prequel. We all know how Braska's journey concludes, and how little his pilgrimage really did to stop Sin, besides Jecht's decision to become a fayth. We got a good enough glimpse of his pilgrimage through the hidden "Jecht spheres".
I agree, because the game would be half as short because as far as we know, Seymour didn't try to marry Braska or anything like that.
Honestly, though, I would love to see a movie sequel. Or at the very least, a movie adaptation of X.

Back