Would you like to see a remake/another spinoff to this game?

Yes.

I'd like to see a version of this game that is not shit. And has decent 'lead' characters.

Seriously. Switch Reks and Vaan around as Reks is clearly not as fucking irritating as Vaan. Give Ashe a personality makeover. Make Larsa sound more like a boy.

Oh, and whilst you're at it, make the game not suck.

I'd like to see a sequel! The characters in this one are nearly not worth mentioning at all and this is what I think could be worked on in a sequel best.
The design was great and I liked the world of Ivalice on the whole, so it would be nice to roam through it a little more.

I'd love to see a remake of this for the DS, and completely unlike the RW battle system, which absolutely sucked. A FFXII turn-based battle system would appeal to most old-school FF fans.

I wonder if you're just making these spin off threads just to create a sticky? Because you even put them in I - VI which is pretty much pointless.. Since 80% here would be aware that they won't remake the less sold versions.

As for the topic itself. A remake with the good old fight screen would do this game much better than what it already is, I believe its a piece of s*** and a waste of time to play. If they just remade it and add back the old fight scene I'd be more than happy to both buy and play it.

Last edited:
Meow, people just love to hate don't they?

Moggy...why remake something like XII, which is a graphical beauty, and which is so large, onto something like...the DS? Doesn't make sense, really really doesn't.

And how exactly would "ze good old fight screen" make things any better? No need to use such strong language either hireshi o_O

I liked the change from the old fight scenes. However, I didn't like working with gambits like this. Anytime there was a problem with my setup, I was annoyed at having to go into the menu and rework the gambits for one fight, only to have to rework them again after the battle. I would have liked it better if my gambits were designed as interruptions to the fight. Instead of having a set reaction for when I get below 50% HP, let me set it up to bring up the battle menu so I can decide what to do. Or when a new enemy comes into range, or when someone died, or I killed my target, etc. It would've been better that way than just drawing up assumptions about my situation. I seriously ran from flying enemies as often as possible for this very reason.

I would just like to see FFXII (Deluxe Edition). lol. It would have an extended story line and better character backgrounds. That is all I wanted was MORE information of what was going on. It felt like it was not explained enough for me.

Maybe we could have "add-on" pieces for the Lisence board. Have the original there and then have hidden pieces out in the world. That would be sweet. More Augments!

Yes I would if it was a good story and was on ps2 or ps3 not on a handheld. I don't know but for me I can't enjoy it on a handheld it feels so restricted. I mean for the originals before it yes I think it fits but nowadays it feels odd converting something that was on ps2 to something on the DS like revanent wings? I didn't play it. But it feels less fun. It feels like it's almost cramped.

Eh...

It had a spinoff with Revenant Wings, I think that's enough of Vaan and the gang. Ivalice itself has a lot of potential left I think, but I think the characters of XII have gone as far as they can go without becoming repetitive.

Except Balthier.
Balthier owns.

YES YES YES!!
PREQUEL PLEASE!!!

About Balthier, and his past and how he met Fran and his relationship with Cid and you know all that! That would OWN!

:)

Best FF ever.

And RW sucked. :gonk:

Yeah Relevent Wings wasn't the best, seemed a little childish but then I suspect that was what it was aimed at!

A Prequel would be cool, and involving the judges as others have said, as they seemed like an epic part of the story in the beginning, but never lived up to the billing IMO.

Balthier was a pretty good character so anything about his past would also be interesting I feel.

I don't mind having another game as long as it is not for the PSP (which I don't own at the moment). FFXII is my favorite FF (and game) so far and FFXII:RW is a nice game as well (currently playing :)).
A prequel about Fran and Balthier will be nice I think. At least if there is much to tell about it. I believe they can always make up something.

Like those strange twists in anime when it is revealed that the main characters knew each other when they were young and forgot about it or something.

of course i would. you don't even have to ask. i love ff12.

i think they should have made a prequel instead of a sequel. i mean did you see rw. they're all chibi's now and how could u make a sequel to such a full game with a ds game that doesn't even have half the content of the first one.

as people said before me, a prequel of baither's life before the events of ff12, and also se more of the judges and events leading up to the opening of ff12.

i would like to see a storyline showing the pasts, conflicts and lives of the judges. they were far more interesting than vaan and penelo i thought anyway, however, the sequels for ff7 were pretty poor, but im sure that square enix would learn from this and make more of an effort

Has anyone heard any news regarding the new Ivalice based game called "Fortress" so far? It seems that the returning princess-now-queen, Ashe, is in this game and any information about this new game is really under lock and key now.

"Fortress" is the codename for a new action FF game within the Ivalice Alliance compilation. So far, the evidence that indicates that it exists are the artwork of a new-look Ashe, a giant Marlboro and a judge in the wilderness. There's also the fact that SE took the project off the now-bankrupt Swedish developer GRIN (who remade Bionic Commando recently).

Personally I would love to see another Ivalice Alliance game without the perspectives of Vaan & Penelo. I thought it would be awesome if we explored the past of Ivalice with a prequel to FFXII- say the age of King Raithwall. It can be a wartorn, ravaged setting where the Galtean Alliance hasn't been formed yet. Nations will be constantly at war and bloodshed rife. It can provide an ideal setting for a game.

What is also good about the idea is that it's similar to the Star Wars KOTOR games. They are prequels, set thousands of years ago before the films. Yet the setting is broad enough for original stories to be created, yet still maintaining a link and staying rather faithful to the original material. The Galtean Alliance wasn't explored tremendously in FFXII, so there is plenty of scope for something creative.

Last edited:
I do not want a remake or another spin-off. RW was great, but no more. This game is not good enough for those. They would ruin what's left of the already slightly below par game.

If the remake could improve the game somehow, then yes, by all means. But things need to be changed, like the character models and their facial drawings, etc.

Personally I wouldn't want a spinoff etc. This game was OK but idk if it's good enough to have a sequal/spinoff etc. The storyline was OK but idunno, it just wasn't my favorite game. -shurgs;- The spinoff/sequal etc might just make the game worse or it could also make it better but, if the original isn't that good then (most likely) the spinoffs etc won't be either just due to the fact that I wasn't all that interested in it =/ but others might like it. Who knows? :monster:

I don't really think another prequel/sequel or spin-off is the way to go... I mean look what happened with FFVII =/ I mean I've played FFXII, which was alright but not great, I played through RW too, which I thought was better but still not amazing...

HOWEVER If they brought out a Balthier/Fran spin off, I might be a little bit tempted, just a little.

Back