Votes: 48 17.8%
  • FFXIII

Votes: 60 22.2%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 24 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FFX-2,XI and XII are the only games from the Final Fantasy series I can say that I actually hate.

FFX-2: I hate this because it destroyed everything that FFX had built up for itself in Reputation etc. and the dress spheres just pissed me off for some reason.

FFXI: The main reason I hate this game is because they kept draining my bank account of money even after I cancelled my subscription to the game -_-' money grabbing bastards!

FFXII: The new style of gameplay just pissed me off as I had gotten used to turn based fighting etc. (Although I do like FFXIII quite a bit but only cus of the Gestalt modes xD)

All in all I hope FFXIV Lives upto expectations and doesnt turn into another game I have to hate..

.FTR.

FF XII was a brave try for something different but the whole package was a giant disaster. Since i cant even come upp with a single cool thing about it, FF XII gets my vote.

Although I respect this, I need to say, it was far from a disaster. Even if there were so many FF fans who detested it, I'm afraid that if it was capable of being awarded game of the year and getting high reviews all-round, it certainly was capable of being called a success by Square. I mean, there were some cool things about the new battle system. The new spells were awesome too and the License board was a decent challenge that wasn't too hard to fill out for fun. And its OST was magnifique~ (altho not as much as XIII)

Plus, if Square got so much out of it, it would give them cash to improve for the next game. FF12 drew in attention from all kind of people, such as the ones that wouldn't normally even consider playing that kind of game.

I just wanted to point that out ;) but of course, its my oppinion instead of yours, so yeah ^_^;

Final Fantasy VIII for one reason and one reason only...... THE JUNCTION SYSTEM!!
This is mainly the reason I haven't even tried to get past the first disc, too much drawing, and way too complicated for my mind. I know a lot of people had no problem, but I'm not very smart, or not patient enough to actually take my time to get used to the System

FFXIII, big pile of steaming garbage, whether is the dumb names(Snow, lightning), the cliches(the guy who wants to save his love no matter what, the quiet badass loner, the wimpy kid who tries hard, etc.) The story which lets you walk in a straight line waiting for something interesting to happen, the level up system which allows you to level up however you want, except for the fact that unless you level up to the games requirements you cant advance to the next level or whatever theyre called, FFXIII is a disgrace to the series

For me, it would have to be FFX-2 and FFXIII. One was for purely fanservice (hotspring moment made me 'lol' the hardest) and the other was just... There was nothing special about it really. It disappointed me.

For me it would have to be Final Fantasy XIII. The story just didn't hold my attention at all. It just seemed like a lot of one liners throughout. I wasn't a big fan of the battle system, I completed the game doing nothing other then spamming auto-battle and that's including all the hard side bosses. The whole following a certain route on the map thing was probably the most annoying feature to me. If they could have had the whole game free roam like gran pulse it could have been so much more enjoyable.

That said, the game looked fantastic and had great music, but didn't leave me wanting more.

Last edited:
Whoever said FFX needs to get their head examined because FFX-2 was far worse!!

Mod Edit: Any reasons to back this up? Bear in mind that this is a thread in a post count section, so a little bit more detail wouldn't be amiss. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
FFX2 is the worst ff for many reasons , the main is the characters , second the battle system , and third the stupid story line thats all about love

FFX-2 was bad for listed reasons --

1) Dresspheres...Pointless.
2) Rikku looked like a whore..:hmph:
3) Paine had no personality
4) Lulu was pregnant and we so NO bump..but she still pushed out a sprog.

So..yeah.

I don't consider X-2 part of the main series any more than I consider Crisis Core or Reverant Wings part of it... X-2 is a spinoff in my eyes.

Despite this, the worst in my eyes was XIII. It's just a pile of garbage from the first to third disc. The story was conveluted, the characters were all cliche and boring, and the gameplay was of the "press x to win forever" variety. Just a bad game of bad games and an embarassment and zit on the mostly clean face of the series.

Last edited:
There's two for me :)

FFX-2.. three things 1, they ruined a great battle system and replaced it with a rubbish one.. 2, the storyline is sooo childish and a bit of a comedy... i liked ffx story :( 3... THEY RUINED YUNA... that is the reason i'm hunting down the costume/story designer and is planning his murder ;)

but there is worse.. FFXII.. vann is gay i swear it.. why else would he show his abbs to everybody.. the game fights itself.. to the point i was doing my homework while playing it :rofl:

I didn´t see that this is a multiply choice votum, so I just klicked on XII.

Ok the worste Final Fantasy parts are XI and XII(just in my mind).

XI isn´t a real Final Fantasy I think. Of course it´a nice idea to play with tousend of other FF Fans together, but for me is Final Fantasy a Single-Player-Game where you can controll a group of 3-5 people. Don´t forget it have to be a "Round based Fightsystem" in their(hope you understand what I like to say)^^

XII is the worst of all Final Fantasy parts. The story is kind of boring as well as the characters. But the worst thing in this part is the fighting system. All chars are controlled by the computer so you just have to watch the fights...

lg
cloud

1) I'm a bit confused as to the virtues of a multi-choice poll for Worst (singular) FF game. If it was a poll of Bad FF Games, perhaps I could understand. Eh, I'll get over it.

2) I'm surprised that Thirteen is the winner so far. I mean, it was a very different game but was it truly the WORST? There are some real stinkers that more fairly deserve that title, like....

3) FF Two. It suffers from what I believe is the absolute worst method of stat-building that any RPG has ever seen, let alone the other Final Fantasy games. The mechanic of "always trading out a fourth party member" is a bit obnoxious also, particularly since their departure usually comes after a boss fight and you lose all the stuff you put on them.

Ten-Two is a close close second...but I haven't ever finished it so I feel unqualified to actually pass judgment on it.

I like all of them but the one I least like is FFVIII so I guess I'll go with that one.

I'll just give one of many reasons I like it least:

"WE ALL KNEW EACHOTHER, AND WENT TO SCHOOL TOGETHER WITH THE ENEMY! EXCEPT GFs CONVENIENTLY MAKE US FORGET! SELPHIE DIDN'T USE ONE UNTIL LATER, SO SHE REMEMBERED MORE.. BUT SHE FOUND A GF ONE DAY, AND USED IT SO SHE ALSO FORGOT! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL"!

Ugh...

Any more convenient than......

Final Fantasy V - The party needs to cross the ocean. They just so happen to find a cavern used by pirates. They try to steal the ship, and it just so happens that Faris, the goofy male pirate with pink hair, is pink-haired princess Lenna's long lost sister Sarisa. Which is great timing since Faris needs to be around to watch her father die and give her a motive to save the world.

Final Fantasy VI - The player party needs to get across the ocean, but ships are too tighly watched by The Empire for them to go by sea. The following series of coincidences allows them to make the trip:
- The only airship in the world is held by a Sky Pirate named Setzer, who has a thing for an opera soprano named Maria.
- Maria is supposed to be playing in an opera just near the party's current location.
- Maria is afraid of being kidnapped by Setzer, and therefore won't play. However, party-member Celes resembles her closely enough to take her place.
- Celes is a proficient enough musician to convincingly pass for a world-renowned soprano after at most a few days of rehearsal, despite being a 18-year-old ex-general.

Final Fantasy VII - Cloud, a former comrade of Sephiroth (who becomes the Big Bad), meets Aeris, who is the last survivor of her race (and just so happens to be the only one able of stopping Sephiroth) and who just happens to be Zack's ex-girlfriend, who was another comrade of Cloud and Sephiroth, and Cloud & Zack were experimented on (as adults) by Hojo in the basement of a mansion in Cloud's childhood hometown, and Hojo turns out to be Sephiroth's father...

Crisis Core - takes it to a whole new level, with Zack Fair actually meeting many characters seen in the original game, including some of the playable characters who join Cloud's party, with the exception of Red XIII, Barrett and the sleeping Vincent Valentine. Why none of them remember seeing a guy with the same haircut as Cloud carrying the exact same sword...

Before Crisis - is even worse than Crisis Core, with the player Turk encountering virtually everyone in the original game (including Cid, Red XIII, Barret, and Vincent) as well as Zack.

??

Nah. I find FFVIII's way worse to be honest, even more so since they went with a more "realistic" style than they usually do in FF games.

This is just what I think and what I got from playing the game.

The ones you mentioned, I was alright with and to me, not nearly as bad as that bloody stupid FFVIII plot twist.

Of course the crown of "Worst plot twist in a game" goes to Star Ocean Till The End of Time!

Worst Final Fantasy game? Erm, hello. Earth to guy. Worst and 'Final Fantasy game' don't go together in the same sentence. Just like 'bad' and 'sex'. No such thing. All my opinion, of course, but my opinion is really the only one that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back