Not open for further replies.

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
What should the world limit be on the writing competitions?

While voting, please be considerate towards the people that will spend their time reading in order to vote.

If you picked "Other" please state your reasoning below.

For me, it's 2000-3000. Considering how many of us might be entering, no one really wants to read one person's 5000 words just to read another person's 5000 right after. Out of consideration for those who will be reading, 2000-3000 seems the best. I voted for 2000 as it was the lowest, but 3000 is also a pretty good mark as far as I'm concerned. I'm also biased because I find that I work better with constraints than I do without.

I think 3000 should be the max. We aren't writing novels here, and 3000 should give those that like to write alot enough wiggle room to have enough freedom to write what they want without going overboard.

Again, it comes down to the balance between the entrants and any judges, so I think 3000 is more than fine for this.

I've found that 3000 words is a good limit as far as having enough time to flesh out an intro, characters, and a hint/inkling of plot.

I would say 2000-3000 is best. It seems that's what most people are comfortable with, and while it's not a massive amount, it's enough to give people room to write something properly. Plus if it looks like it isn't working out it could be reviewed in future?

I would say 2000-3000 is best. It seems that's what most people are comfortable with, and while it's not a massive amount, it's enough to give people room to write something properly. Plus if it looks like it isn't working out it could be reviewed in future?

Definitely. ;)

3,000 seems okay.

It's not a very long length (and therefore friendlier to the judges), but it also gives the author some space to write what they want to write.

Right. I agree on the 3,000 word count limit. People that prefer to write something shorter can, by all means. However, let's keep it to a 3,000 size then. It seems like everyone is on board with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back