What did you Think of Last Order?

<_< I'll kill you.

WOW!! That video was amazing! Zack fighting without his sword was so cool. I noticed that they changed a few details from the game. Like Tifa's father dying outside the mako reactor when in the game he dies inside. Anyway, I think i've seen clips of this in some trailers for Before Crisis and it looks like most of the videos in the game so i'm assuming that it will be in their somewhere. Anyway if you havent seen it yet and you missed the link posted earlier by Kentaro here's a different one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKYZI8GjqJQ. To sum up, this video is amazing, end of.

Last edited:
Haha, LO, it's nice to see a different perspective of the events that happened. Probably closer to what it would of actually been like compared to how the game showed it. I didn't care too much to see Seph just jump away into the abyss, but alas we can't always get what we want. In other words, I liked the movie and recommend it to anyone/everyone. but I'm a Zack fan.

I am ashamed cause I can't remember half of it. I only saw it once and that was ages ago. T.T And it was my friend's copy. I don't have one of my own. *sad*

Last Order overall ain't too bad, a nice little anime explaining events in more detail. However I am still highly dissapointed. It retconned not only a few minor parts but one of the greatest scenes in Final Fantasty VII.

Think back to when you first got to find the truth about Cloud's past in FF VII, the scene where Sephiroth impales Cloud yet somehow he over powers the great legendary SOLDIER and throws him into the Mako pit below. It was great, Cloud kicked arse and I felt a sense of satisfiying emotion. But now that scene is ruined, and not even for the better. Sephiroth jumping into the Mako Pit himself is lame, tacky and shit. Its not a minor thing, it's MAJOR!

Minor things include the way Tifa's dressed and finding her father outside instead of inside the reactor. The way Zack fights is acceptable even if it doesn't fully keep with the original story.

Another thing I dislike is that alot of the changes should have been left alone because it would have been more effective than what it was changed too. The Cloud and Sephiroth scene I just mentioned is a perfect example of this but also in LO Zack and Cloud find each other and Cloud is fine. In the original Cloud is the Grunt lying on the ground by the buildings when you first find the town burning, thus obviously Cloud and Sephiroth clashed before Zack got there and Cloud didn't fair so well. This is a missed opportunitie for abit more develpoment and an effective scene.

Which brings me to my next point of length. It was short and could have done with more scenes and expandtions on exsisting scenes to make them more effective.

An intresting point to bring up however is this; in Final Fantasy VII the events you see are memories, recollected after years and in a diffrent minds perspective where as Last Order could be portraing what happend in accuracy. This could explain the conflicts in some of the changes but even sad acts who say that can't deny the shear amount of fuck up-ness on other parts.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I can't help but nit-pick at things :P

Belive me I only scratched the surface, If I could be arsed and thought that someone would take the time to read it and understand then I'd go into more detail but alas no.

I honestly liked it, I know things were off compared to the game. But
it was nice to see something animated of the Neibelheim incident.

Ahh the fighting was awesome here. Zack was way too cool! Finally, we get a glimpse of what happened to Zack and Cloud that day.

I enjoyed watching this. Every moment of it. I was glad to see the main characters there.

Back