What are you most anticipated titles for 2020?

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
With 2019 drawing to a close I was curious to what games you're all looking forward to in 2020?

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered:
1575467383400.png

I've never played the original and with online functionality this is becoming more appealing - Still no word of a physical Edition outside Japan, might have to import this like I did Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon.

Yakuza (3-5) Remastered Collection:
1575467430747.png

This is actually a pretty big deal! Yakuza wasn't such a big property within the PS3 Era and by the time 5 was released in a Japan, SEGA distributors lost faith with the series which lead to a very prolonged release of Yakuza 5 - Which we only got digitally. But this generation Yakuza has really taken it's stride and brought the series back in a big way. This HD Collection will make every single yakuza game available for the 1st time in the west and all on the PS4 - this is fan service done right!

Yakuza 7:
1575467473793.png

I was going in order of titles through out the months, but it seems fitting to mention this here. Yakuza 7 is looking to be the boldest entry in the series so far, making some big changes! A new setting, a new cast but biggest of all is the gameplay which is changing the combat from a typical Brawler to an Epic turn-based JRPG. This is going to cause a lot of contention among fans but I for one feel the change is a huge breath of fresh air that IMO the series needed. I highly recommend JRPG fans look into this as it is looking like a serious Persona contender right now.

Persona 5 - Royal:
1575467544881.png

I'm certainly interested in Persona but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I found them a slog, while many JRPG's you can reach up to 100 hours doing extras, in Persona you're stuck within a Calendar system, so the longevity isn't exactly optional but I have been meaning to give this another try and intend to do so with the Royal Edition.

Final Fantasy VII REMAKE:
1575467652098.png

I'm sure we all know of this, but of course I'm including it!

Trials of Mana:
1575467703249.png

Another JRPG series I've had mixed interest in, I played Adventures of Mana on Vita and started the Remake of Secret of Mana, but this time it seems S-E are putting a lot more effort into the production value of the 3rd entry. I also think it's great that this title is now getting the translation and attention that earlier Squaresoft titles deserved.

Resident Evil 3 REMAKE:
1575467750715.png

Early Announcement, but if this is out in 2020 I am all in! This was my favourite PS1 RE so I hope they can do it justice and that people won't get fatigued by the Nemesis's relentlessness after Mr. X in RE2.

Other titles I'm keeping an eye on:

CyberPunk 2077, The Last of Us Part 2, Tales of Arise, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

That's about all I can think of, how about you lot?

Last edited:
Here is my list of games I am looking forward to in 2020.

#1 Final Fantasy 7 Remake

fbe6ff769b14767fc30e593888f39442_1920_KR.jpg
Final Fantasy VII Remake is the game I want the most since it is my favorite game from its series. This will definitely be the first game that I will be purchasing in 2020 since it is a really special game to me. I am interested on getting the Deluxe Edition since I find it to be worth the price.
#2 The Last of US 2

maxresdefault.jpg
The Last of US 2 is another game that I am looking forward to get in 2020. Its another game that has caught my attention and looks to be worth the money with its great qualities. I will definitely be enjoying playing this game once I get my hands on it.
#3 Resident Evil 3 Remake

resident-evil-3-remake.jpg
Resident Evil 3 Remake has been leaked recently and it looks like it is going to be a great game. I am a big fan of this popular zombie killing franchise since I was a child and I am looking to get this game as soon as it is released.

Looking forward for Animal Crossing New Horizons the most :8F:
but yeah excited for FF7R and Tales of Arise as well!

Looking forward for Animal Crossing New Horizons the most :8F:
but yeah excited for FF7R and Tales of Arise as well!

All of this, me too! ^_^ You'll have to show me your town(?) when it comes out, maybe we can be neighbors!

Last of Us & Crystal Chronicles I'm also excited for but may not play till later on. I've only got the Remake, Tales & Animal Crossing on preorder and partially paid off. Things are looking a bit hectic for us for the next few months so we'll just have to play it by ear :|

HUMANKIND - I wished for Civ game but better for years, and it might be just the thing

Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game - new RPG from devs of Age of Decadence

Out There: Oceans of Time - I really liked playing Out There: Ω Edition.

Baldur's Gate 3 - I like Divinity Original Sin I & II, but I never played orignal games and I don't think I will.

I guess Cyberpunk will be cool, but for some reason I'm not overly enthusiastic. I'm interested in Vampire: The Masquarede Bloodlines 2, but I'd like to play previous game first, but it doesn't go on such a nice sales as it used to, and I don't want to give money to Activision.

jiofi.local.htmltplinkloginis it down

Last edited:
In no particular order:

- Final Fantasy VII Remake: confession, I've actually never played the original Final Fantasy VII beyond the opening five minutes (ironically, I own it on both the PS4 and Switch but have yet to play it), so I am somewhat excited to indulge in a title that carries a huge fanbase.

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: it has been a long, long time since I've played an Animal Crossing title - Wild World, I think - I remember putting a number of hours into it, but as it was so long ago, I cant remember much of it other than it was a very pleasant game; so it will be nice to sit down and play another Animal Crossing, particularly as a major Switch title.

- Cyberpunk 2077: probably quietly anticipating more than anything. Given CD Projekt Red's recent track record with The Witcher 3 and its DLC, there's every reason to believe Cyberpunk 2077 could be a phenomenal game, however, the hype around the game is monumental, so it's whether or not the game can live up to that.

- The Last of Us 2: five months until release, already my game of the year.

- Persona 5 Royal: oh boy, another marathon; one of the few games I've genuinely been gutted to have finished. Took 181 hours to platinum the original, ready to do it again? Absolutely.

The FFVII Remake is obviously the top of the list for me. Not only is it a Final Fantasy game, but it’s going to be the biggest release for me in terms of events to celebrate it. I'll be meeting Barret’s VA (John Bentley) in Glasgow in February and I'll be going to a Remake launch party the night of the release.
FFVII is my favourite game and I can’t wait to return to the world and see how they have reinterpreted it.

The Last of Us 2 is another anticipated game. I've avoided watching some of the footage as I want to keep this game pure and know as little as possible in order to enjoy the experience as intended. The original game really affected me and had a rare sort of remarkable ending which kept me thinking about it for a long while afterwards. I never wanted a sequel as it never needed one, but apparently they have waited to find a story they really wanted to tell so I have confidence in them.
It might not beat the first but it has high chances of being a high quality game at the very least.

Other than that I am not sure what we are expecting. I know little about Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs Legion so while what I've seen of them look great I haven’t yet hyped myself for them. I've never played a Watch Dogs game before.

Back