[V7] What are you currently listening to?

Decided to listen to some FFVII Remake music because I'm thinking about it all over again now that it is a year old. I love this track so much. I find it incredibly calming!

If you're gonna take me away tonight
I'll return as a soldier
Make my way to the waterline
Find a bridge to get over

ddtb7qo-f16b3a77-8bf3-4fd9-a3af-076739d2644a.gif

And thems the breaks for we designer fakes
We need to concentrate on more than meets the eye

There are twenty years to go
The faithful and the low
Best of starts, the broken heart, the stone

This popping up on my iPod reminds me of when I was twenty. I haven't listened to the goth band The Crüxshadows in a long while, but this might be my favourite from their Egyptian-themed album. For some reason I picture being in the hypostyle hall of Abu Simbel's temple facing out or exploring or something when I listen to it.

OOR is still working with ed sheeran huh... that's very impressive, also wow Taka's english is insanely good now I was shocked for a sec lol

Hope you guys enjoy these tracks:-)
(Time is not eternity but also opens a new journey)
(prepare for the journey)
(when dealing with some troubles)
(When you decide to save someone in the past)
(FINAL boss fight)
(Go back home when everyone is saved)

A little different I thought id watch and listen to all the songs u guys posted and wanted to make a rating on how I feel about them.
Music is taste intensive and everyone (thank god) has their own taste. Thanks for sharing your music with me.
Here are my ratings (with a few words for each) all the way from the start in order.

Miko - Innerpartysystem - Niterider - Enjoyment Rating 7 Catchy Beat
Six - The La's - There She Goes - Enjoyment Rating 5 Mixed Feelings xD
Sashikiru - Moon Trance - Lindsey Stirling - Enjoyment Rating 8,5 (8 if I didn't see the clip) even if there's no singing this is kinda fun to listen to xD
Miko - Orgy - Fiction - Enjoyment Rating 4 (Maybe a 6 if I were younger, I grew out of this genre)
Six - The Japanese House - Something Has to Change - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (Like the Instrumental Part more than the Singing)
Miko - The Prodigy - Firestarter - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (Like the beat, couldn't get into the Lyrics xD)
Dionysos - Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence - Enjoyment Rating 7.5 (First song I know so far xD Classic)
Sashikiru - Gumi - Panda Hero - Enjoyment Rating 4,0 (Was looking forward to a Japanese song. but no vocaloids :( )
Dionysos - Seal - Crazy HQ - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (Second song I know another classic)
Six - Winnetka Bowling League - are you okay? - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (Unexpected, the first 2 songs u posted here were not really my thing and this band name is a tad strange so I was thinking ok here we go again. but this was surprisingly nice)
Miko - She - Make Me Real - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (Reminded me a bit of the Mirage album from Armin van Buuren)
Dionysos - Pearl Jam - Future Days - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (1st one from you I didn't know, maybe I'm getting older by this was really nice. Love his voice)
Galadin - Twisted Tongues - AFI - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (No particular feeling on this song :S )
Dionysos - Go Away - Danny Elfman - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (Like the 80's electrical sounds)
Miko - Link no longer Available - Enjoyment Rating 0 (Cant listen to dead links :( )
Six - 24kGoldn - Mood - Enjoyment Rating 7 (1st of your songs I know, I like the song maybe because it's been played on radion for quite a bit)
Sashikiru - Avicii - Addicted To You - Enjoyment Rating 9 (Because Avicii (one of my fav DJ's) RiP <3 )
Six - Looking at You - Only The Poets - Enjoyment Rating 7.5 (Uknown to me but I like the song and his voice)
Dionysos - Station to Station - David Bowie - Enjoyment Rating 8.5 (Epic build-up)
Six - Walking in the Dark - Only The Poets - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (Another nice song of this unknown to me artist it caught my attention)
Dionysos - Live from the woods - Saxsquatch - Enjoyment Rating 8.5 (Because I think the Sax is a sexy instrument)
Miko - Midnight Runner - Pendulum - Enjoyment Rating 7.5 (8,5 two years ago when I was really into drum and bass)
Dionysos - Civilizations (Extended) - FF14 - Enjoyment Rating 7 (Its nice and Serene, different kind of music 1 hour is a bit much though xD )
I will set you free - Best is yet to come - David Hasselhoff - Enjoyment Rating 4.5 (David has a lot of qualities but I always thought singing wasn't one of them sorry)
Shivas - FINAL FANTASY XIV: ENDWALKER - Enjoyment Rating 7.5 (Music fits well with the intro otherwise would have given it a 6)
Jake - Taylor Swift - willow - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (I think both her looks and music get better over the years)
Galadín - I Want To Make The World Turn Around · Steve Miller Band - Enjoyment Rating 7,0 (Kinda like the outer space kinda vibe the song gives me)
Shivas - カイネ/Kainé - Another Edit Version" from NieR Replicant - Enjoyment Rating 9.0 (For some reason this song brought of the memories of .hack// anime series. 1st choice for character names in any game is Mimiru from that series. High enjoyment rating on this song).
Dionysos - Grounding to Mother Gaia - Calm Whale - Enjoyment Rating 3.0 (I fell asleep listening to this xD so it does serve its purpose xD )
Galadín - We've Only Just Begun - Bat For Lashes - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (Nice song, wasn't sure what to expect with an artist name like that 1)
Miko - Frou Frou - Psychobabble - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (Felt kinda relaxed (not as the meditating one but still relaxed xD )
Galadin - Is my love Enough - White Lies - Enjoyment Rating 6.0 (The song didn't make a big impact on me, yet it was interesting enough not to stop it either)
Six - The 1975 - A Change Of Heart - Enjoyment Rating 6.0 (Another song that just didn't hit home for me)
Paddy McGee - Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place - Enjoyment Rating 6,5 (No Homerun but I like the 80s vibe the instruments have)
Galadín - Drab Majesty - Oxytocin - Enjoyment Rating 6.0 (Another song that just didn't hit home for me also ran out of things to write :D )
Final Fantasy Fan - Fly - Monkey Majik - Enjoyment Rating ??? (Not gonna rate them myself that's up to you guys xD great band with English and Japanese mixed)
Six - The Cure - Pictures Of You - Enjoyment Rating 7.5 (Like the intro and the singer's voice is nice to listen to)
Dionysos - Billie Jean - Saxsquatch - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (Not many instruments beat the Sax)
Miko - The Fiery Cross - Bear McCreary - Enjoyment Rating 5.0 (Prob would work better for me while watching the series)
Exoskeleton - Vagabon - Water Me Down - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (Dig the beat not the lyrics so much)
Daenoxiis - Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata - Enjoyment Rating 8.5 (MasterPiece, also brings back memories of a lot of games this was used in, like Earthworm Jim on the PS1. and Resident Evil)
Miko - Final Fantasy X ~ lofi hip hop mix - Enjoyment Rating 8.5 (Love these Remixes, they made subtle changes as to not completely destroy the awesome originals)
Shivas - Utada Hikaru - One Last Kiss - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (Been a Hikki fan for years, always love her music. it a good song but not her best hence the 8)
Miko - Opeth - Windowpane [Remixed] - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (Nice Guitar solos)
Final Fantasy Fan - Utada Hikaru - Simple and Clean - Enjoyment Rating ??? (Again up to you guys to rate as it's my upload. Another song by Hikki and also famous from Kingdom Hearts.
Six - ILLENIUM, Tom DeLonge, Angels & Airwaves - Paper Thin - Enjoyment Rating 7.5 (Like the beats in between the lyrics would have rated this higher a couple of years back)
Six - KSI – Patience (feat. YUNGBLUD & Polo G) - Enjoyment Rating 5.5 (Bit too much autotune)
Daenoxiis - Dissection - Maha Kali - Enjoyment Rating 3.0 (Sure is different than your 1st post in this thread xD. Not into the Death Metal Myself) P.s. wasn't this the guy who killed himself a couple of years back, he's also done jail because of a murder in Sweden I believe.
Miko - Self vs Self (feat. In Flames) - Pendulum - Enjoyment Rating 4.0 (two in a row still won't change my thoughts on this sub-genre of metal :) )
Dionysos - Making It Up As We Go Along -WandaVision - Enjoyment Rating 5.0 (This song is too cheesy for me)
Molosev - Temptation Rag - Henry Lodge performed by Maya Kawasaki - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (Always appreciate a finely played purely piano piece, still mastering the piano myself)
Sprout - Diggy Diggy Hole - Wind Rose - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (Heavy Metal bands are a bit easier to listen to and this song fits well for the dwarves its really fun to listen to)
Dionysos - Nowhere Fast - The Smiths - Enjoyment Rating 5.0 (Like they sing no no no sorry xD )
Shivas - BALLAD / lynch. - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (Metalcore band, I like their instrumental. their vocal is okay)
Six - The Dangerous Summer - Starting Over / Slow Down - Enjoyment Rating 6.0 (The song has a nice ring to it music-wise, but I couldn't get into the song)
Final Fantasy Fan - Cruise Chaser Blassty - Enjoyment Rating ??? (Up to you guys again, it's an 8-bit soundtrack. Was listening to this after I bought the game recently. Its Nobue-san his first music used in games, he came a long way from there. But you can kinda hear his signature in the music).
Six - Hot Mulligan - Dary - Enjoyment Rating 3.5 (didn't like his vocal)
Jake - Cabin Crew - Star To Fall - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (I was looking at the music xD )
Shivas - Silent Hill 4 - Waiting For you - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (Silent Hill had some really nice tracks)
Dionysos - Final Fantasy VII REMAKE OST - S6-5 Road (Midnight Rendezvous) - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (I like the remade versions but as a nostalgic person i prefer the old one)
Miko - Nothing for Free - Pendulum - Enjoyment Rating 7.5 (I'm digging the beat)
Six - Placebo - Twenty Years - Enjoyment Rating 6.0 (Listened to it, then didn't feel much so I gave it a 6 for effort :P )
Dionysos - Lisa Gerrard - Space Weaver HD - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (An outer space experience :D )
Final Fantasy Fan - The Black Mages II - The Skies above - Enjoyment Rating ??? (up to you guys. this one is my fav vocal Final Fantasy song, he has a good voice to back up the instrumental of the black Mages. It starts with the original tune and then after a minute or two kicks in.
Dionysos - The Crüxshadows - Sympathy - Enjoyment Rating 6,5 (I like the sound of his voice, but couldn't get into the song)
Shivas - ONE OK ROCK - Renegades - Enjoyment Rating 7.5 (Didn't know these guys but I like the style and video from it)
congduc9589 - Dominik A. Hecker - Time Machine - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (would go well with a game or a movie, not for me as a stand-alone)
- Runar Blesvik - Tempest - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (Ditto)
- Brook Line -Arrival - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (Almost the same as the other 2 but I liked the beats more on this one)
- Dominik A. Hecker - Leaves - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (Same as 1st two)
- Battlejuice - The Gates - Enjoyment Rating 8.0 (I like the soundtrack of this one it's pretty sweet)
- Shai-li Paldi - Interlude - Enjoyment Rating 6.5 (would go well with a game or a movie, not for me as a stand-alone. The description u put underneath there is fitting).
Miko - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't hold us Feat. Ray Dalton - Enjoyment Rating 7.0 (Newer song in here, but I like it).

Listening to all these and writing this wall of text took me a lot more time than I thought.

Again guys these numbers are purely on my feelings, so we cannot argue over it xD

I hadn't heard many of these songs before, I'm a big music fanatic. worked in a record label store for a couple of years before everything went digital and these things became extinct.

I really enjoyed listening to all of them no matter the rating. just some more than others :P.

Keep posting on my Fellow Final Fantasy Fans!

P.s. the forum didn't let me copy from my notepad soi had the fix the layout the best i could!

Final Fantasy Fan YT I applaud you for listening to everything we've listened to and rating it. That's quite an achievement! And with this being version 7 of this thread, there are 6 other threads full if you ever get a spare day! :argor: (I kid, that would kill you)

I'll bite for judging yours.

Fly by Monkey Majik – Never heard this before (or the band). I’ll give this a 7 because it built up nicely.

Simple and Clean by Utada Hikaru– This is a Kingdom Hearts classic! It isn’t the sort of music I’d usually listen to but it’ll get an 8 from me because of the way the nostalgia is making me feel tonight. It's hard to let it go...

Cruise Chaser Blassty – This gets a 8 from me for historical reasons! Young Nobuo is showing his early promise here. I hadn’t heard this before, so I thank you for sharing it!

The Skies Above by The Black Mages - "Mister GOOOO!!!!" I'm biased here because I love The Black Mages and the fact that they were all too busy to continue after the third album is one of the greatest tragedies of our age (although it did mean that they could continue working on soundtracks). I'll give it a 9.5! This is top tier Black Mages. I love the instrumental tracks too, but these rock opera reinterpretations are what I really wanted to see from the project.

Oh, I felt a challenge there, as I'm typing this I scoured the web looking for the other 6 versions. ill let you know I found all 6 and already working my way on V1. Ill open a new thread as this will be quite a list :)

Let's try and keep this thread on topic, though, guys! :D

Tune! Definitely only know about it thanks to my mom and her specific taste in music. Not the biggest Duran Duran fan, but I quite like the song.

Wow, I didn't know there is a scoring criterion from you here. I just followed my emotion from OST in some games I’ve played in my life to choose something that may fit both the video game and movie then post on this topic. I appreciate it when you score 7 and 8 for 2 on my list. One of them, Arrival remixed by Serria originates from the author Brook Line. This track is scored 10 in my topic: https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/fimd8LG6d4mieh6R7
Another track of Brook Line which is Heritage is also appreciated in my topic.
Cyberpunk is not one of my favorites, but the track for this context, from my view, is suitable for some kind of model character in FF like FFVIII. That's why some art backgrounds are chosen behind it like:
Besides, there is a track from another reminding me of the OST “The castle” in FFVIII:
While listening to the track, I imagine an art background showing a group of women wear hoodies as the assassin and Rinoa stands among them. Everyone’s face is hidden by wearing a cap except her, their mouth is appeared clearly from the caps and looks like smiling. Rinoa is smiling, too, like this:
IMG_E5835.jpg

I notice that NOT all kind of hi-tech/cyberpunk is completely suitable for the FF game. Tracks are used following the experience and the emotion of this game. It's difficult to choose because the game primarily uses classical music so far though a guy told me that there is no hard rule to make the OST in-game. But from some reviews in the forum, I see that cyberpunk EDM music is possible to be accepted in the game. If not, you can enjoy the beat while looking at any FF character picture.
In FFVIII there is a scene I like: SeeD celebrates a musical show to support Squall and Rinoa's date. I imagine after the date has finished, the SeeD just talks to each other, "Romeo and Juliet have left, let's rock then”. A kind of this music is shown like this:
(no one in the team can sing but make a voice in the end-stage).
In another scene, this track, in my opinion, is like Ultimecia theme remix. It may be cool under a scene of the sorceress fights to SeeD under the rain. This will be a kind of fighting between hi-tech and magic weapons:
These tracks here contain sort music of rock, EDM, and disco in the 80-90’, back to the time when FFVIII was born.
I have an unforgettable memory of FF music. The first FF game I played with friends when we were in high school was FFVIII. I didn’t play well so let a friend finished the game while I just sat behind and listened to music. It’s hard to say but I had felt creepy when listening to the castle OST because this tone is used to play in funeral according to my experience. Next time my friend sent me a disc retaining the MV “Eyes on me”. Since then I fell in love with the FF game. In 2006, there was a fad for creating FFX GMV clip used songs of Linkin Park in our group. In which, the song “In the end” was used many times till this day. Not long after that, FF Advent Children was released and most of us enjoyed rock music in action scenes of this movie. But since FFXII, we almost stopped playing the FF game because we were all busy, and found out other RPG games that are more interesting such as The Elder Scroll, Diablo, and Assassin’s Creed. Some of us played FFXIII and FFXV due to the new graphics but felt disappointed with the story. We even don’t have time to watch the movie or reading the novel of the XV. Until now, my life is stressful so that I have to find something in my childhood memory to feel better. So I remember FF and its beautiful music. Again, I choose various music to put in the FF game like the way of creating the GMV clip many years ago. I don’t have skill at drawing or designing so I use music to try to describe any aspects of a game that may not be shown out yet.
Anyway, I hope there will be more ratings on any music here because it demonstrates we really care about them, and someday perhaps the music we like to listen can be used in the Final Fantasy game.

well, I thought I remembered most of the stuff from nier gestalt 10 years ago but apparently my brain decided to keep Emil's tragic story stored but skipped the scary part of the beginning when you first enter the manor lmao (it was like 2am too and I jumped multiple times)
anyway since this track plays throughout the manor it's bound to get stuck in your head and visits your dreams too.............. save me :wacky:

Dionysos - The Crüxshadows - Sympathy - Enjoyment Rating 6,5 (I like the sound of his voice, but couldn't get into the song)
It is quite an atypical The Crüxshadows song. They aren't always like that, but I like it because it is different and I love the violin and the backing rhythm.

Rogue (lead singer) is known for his nasally, moody voice. I actually saw him live once and met him. A friend was really huge about them so I went, and I was surprised to see the lead singer actually sing from within the audience itself, right next to me, hand on my shoulder at one point, rather than strictly being confined to the stage. That was a strange experience, but I haven't been to many gigs.

If you like the voice, but not the track, this one has more of a punch to its beat:

To be on topic though, I have just relistened to this for the purposes of this post, as I also technically listened to the tracks I commented on above!
So don't bite me, Kira!

• Angry
Reactions: Six

I love Kokia's voice so much :sad2: I remember finding some of her songs where she covered some celtic songs, and then years later I saw her name again in the FFXIII-2 OST, she sang Noel's theme song :( 💛

Back