[V2] Last album you bought/downloaded?

Final Fantasy VIII Piano Collections! :yay: It arrived yesterday just before work, so I haven't had a chance to listen to it properly yet, but what I have heard is just beautiful. ^_^ I need to get Distant Words I and II. :wacky:

Hey the last cd i bought was Evanenence: Evanenence Delux. I haven't really got a chance to sit down an listen to hit to hear the music. I automatically put it to my phone and ipod, and listen to all songs, on them. I'm a didecated Evanenence. I get almost all of the cds even if I hear bad things from people.

I don't know if I spell their name right.

I just downloaded Requiem for the Indefferent by Epica this morning. Never got in when it came out in January. Good album so far. Only a fe tracks in. This ablum put my discography to over 100gb. Woo.

adrenaline mob is my latest score.. former dream theater drummer mike portony's new project band with russel allen from symphony x. its got a great solid sound. not like mike's other projects like transatlantic which seems like a long jam band. i highly recommend this album to all dream theater and symphony x fans.

^ Mike Portnoy did great working with Avenged Sevenfold too.

Just downloaded Archetype by Fear Factory. In anticipation for the new album on June 5th, I'm stocking up on all the old stuff. I loved Mechanize when it came out. Wish I had me an 8 string to play some of that on...but I guess it's time to go retro. Can't wait for this new album. Fear Factory is one of the few bands I could tell you absolutely everything about that I haven't seen live. I hope to change that sometime soon. Used to have a Fear Factory shirt, but it got ripped in my car accident. :( It's sad.

Distant Worlds I and II, which arrived today! ^_^

I'm listening to the English version of Suteki Da Ne (from DWII) at the moment actually. :hmmm: It's very pretty, quite like the orchestral version on X, but I still prefer the original. :lew: You really cannot beat that arrangement...that violin solo! :gasp:

The DW version of Melodies of Life is quite nice! ^_^ The voice is soft and the arragement feels more natural. The movement from loud to soft, from faint to distinct, is more expressive and passionate too. :hmm: (I just reached the bridge, and the bells sound very Christmassy! xD)

^I went and saw Distant Worlds with the backstage pass. Well worth the money. It was absolutely fantastic when they came to Chicago. First time Nobuo played and sang on stage he said.

Right now, I'm downloading Shadow Zone by Static-X. Loved the album when I was younger and borrowed it from a friend. Now I want it for my own so, here it is!

i just got the newest dragon force, the power within. i <3 dragonforce.. herman li is prolly the best guitar player out now. many have not heard of him.. he is an under the radar player. but very very good.

I recently bought a CD copy of Marina & The Diamonds 'Electra Heart' (Deluxe Edition). It came out this Monday just gone. I'm really liking it, I've been waiting for it for months as I quite like Marina & her previous music. I haven't listened to every track yet; but there are quite a few I really like already.

i just obtained the band Otherwise's new album true love never dies. i was one of this bands first 100 twitter followers and its been great seeing them rise to fame. i was playing their stuff on my radio show before anyone heard of them..now everyone is slowly hearing of them.. good band i hope you all get to check them out as well.

The last album I purchased was the Goo Goo Dolls Greatest Hit Volume One.
All of their albums are in storage and I didn't feel like going there to dig them out, so I purchased this.
Haha, it has a good selection of songs, although not all of my favorites.

rush - clockwork angels.
its a master piece by this band. i love it! its a concept album that tells the story about a boy who is raised and taught that everything that happens is for the good. and well, he sets out into the world and is challenged by many things.. all leaving him to question his upbringing.. this album proves that rush deserves to be in the rock n roll hall of fame here in the u.s. and that they can keep up with the times as well.

rush - clockwork angels.
its a master piece by this band. i love it! its a concept album that tells the story about a boy who is raised and taught that everything that happens is for the good. and well, he sets out into the world and is challenged by many things.. all leaving him to question his upbringing.. this album proves that rush deserves to be in the rock n roll hall of fame here in the u.s. and that they can keep up with the times as well.

I need to finish listening to this. I listened to the first 4 tracks and it sounded good.

Latest I've listened to.. Nile - "At The Gates of Sethu".. About 95% filler with the occasional decent riff here and there. Overall I'd give it a 3/10 based on first listen.

Bought a few...

Revolutions (live at Wembley) - Biffy Clyro
Many of Horror (EP) - Biffy Clyro
Glitter and Trauma (EP) - Biffy Clryo
Pocket (Acoustic) Bonus Track - Biffy Clyro, although Jeff bought this for me due to it only being available for America. :ohoho:

Hell yes.

Parliament Funkadelic - Get The Funk Up (The Ultimate Parliament Collection)
Daft Punk - Human After All & Homework
Bee Gees - The Very Best of The Bee Gees
Kagerou - Shinjuuka
The Studs - And Hate
Velvet Revolver - Contraband

:monster:

I have bought/downloaded quite a few over the past 2 days. :lew:

Lindsey Stirling, first and foremost! :) Peter took me to see her live on Tuesday! :yay: She is truly fantastic. :) I wish I could play the violin and dance half as well as she can!

Also downloaded Random Access Memories by Daft Punk, + by Ed Sheeran and Now That's What I Call 30 Years. The latter does not include the best music, but it does contain a few tracks I quite like and don't have. For £5, 3 CDs of music with 15 or so tracks I really like (and 30 others) was not too bad! :lew:

Last edited:
Is '+' a good album? Of Ed Sheeran's singles, there's only one I actually like. It's 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You'. Are there any similar tracks on the album?

LOL :lew: It was a Jonas Brothers album I believe, and maybe a Demi Lovato album. I'm not even sure if she was famous at the time. Anyway, my mom bought my aunt that's my age, 3 albums for her birthday in.... 2008? I think so. Something like that. I know for a fact it wasn't within the past 3 years. So yeah those 2, and another, but I forgot who it was. Meh...

CS423657-01A-BIG.jpg

Back