Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Hey guys, we've recently just installed Twitch.TV thanks to Dragonbyte Tech (more specifically, Fil). While the staff is still working on the site's account over at Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyforums), figured it would be awesome to implement this feature to promote different channels for our gamers out there.

In order to have your channel (if you have one) added to our directory list, simply purchase the special item on MogShop > FFF Network > Twitch Channel for 500 Gil.

Complete Feature List

Lite

AdminCP Channel Management

• Add/Edit/Delete channels
  • Control channels' display order

Front-End Channel Browser

• Paginated list of channels
  • Displays stream status
  • Displays offline or preview image (if one exists)
  • Displays last or current game streamed
  • Displays last or current stream title
  • Displays last or current online time (last online time since installing the mod)

Channel Viewer

• View the live stream directly on your forum
  • DragonByte vBShout integration

Permissions

• Can View

General / Other

• Display version number
  • Enter your branding free key if you purchased one.
  • Disable the Hivelocity link
  • Enter your Affiliate ID

Pro

AdminCP Channel Management

• Set channel owner, if it belongs to a forum member
  • Displays icon in the postbit for channel owner

Manual Channel Notification

• Send a forum PM and/or email (depending on user's subscription preferences) to all users subscribed to a channel
  • Customisable title / message
  • Useful for alerting users to something the streamer said elsewhere on the web, f.ex.

Manual Channel Schedule

• Ability to edit a channel and set the next stream date, if known
  • Displays on the forum's Featured block
  • Displays countdown until the chosen date
  • Will be expanded to be editable for users in the future

Channel Viewer

• Twitch Chat integration

http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/product/304-twitch-streaming-suite/

When it comes to schedules for stream date, we'll have to leave this one up to the mods for any updates and announcements. Hopefully we'll have something up soon.

I've also included the SB integration option on the Twich.TV page in case you guys would like to continue your chat sessions while gaming.

If you have any questions or suggestions, let 'em loose.

Thanks, guys.

I'm sure we'll make good use of this. =]

Thank you very much for this new feature and update. This will be an excellent asset to the tournament scene!

Sounds amazing. I hope I can kick Deku Sprout a new one on stream in smash.

It's pretty neat, I really like it.

There's a few options we can do after tinkering around a bit. I changed the setting a bit so that we see a miniature player on top of the Shoutbox. It will only display one player at a time. When you click on the player (and not the actual play button), it directs you to the user's Twitch page. Clicking the name next to the player will direct you to the site version, which includes a new shoutbox for the user. Yes, everyone gets their own special shoutbox, I guess.

Like so: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/twitch.php?do=view&channelid=Vircon#stream

I hope this won't cause problems. =]

There is also this setting: Set Live Channels As Featured: If yes, this setting makes it so that any channel that's detected as going live will be set as the "Featured Channel" on the forum. Currently set to 'Yes' so that whoever is going live will get to have the spotlight rather than featuring the FinalFantasyForum's account 24/7. I guess we can change this option from time to time, depending what's going on or if we have any forum game events running, etc. So this is a neat feature to have a bit of control with what we're featuring and all that jazz.

Another option was to disable the miniature player on top of the shoutbox. By doing so, any stream that goes live will be featured there, which is also convenient. No player at first glance, of course, but you'll just have to direct yourself to the member's integrated stream channel.

Don't mind either option. I think both works great.

This is gonna be amaaaazing! I second Gal's idea to stream it all for the tourney tomorrow. Cannae wait! :lew:

I'm surprised you didn't postgate it, kappa. A new leaf, perhaps.

@DB & Belly: This is a sweet feature. The forum integration is a nice touch.
Lord Golbez I hope this feature didn't break the bank, or proves worth springing for. Ty, either way.

It wouldn't have broken LG's bank. This site receives all mods from DBTech for free as long as we ask the guys 'nicely' (and with much prodding), which makes FFF quite unique. Every now and then I"ll poke around their site and pick which mods might be good for FFF. Feel free to request, and we'll try to make that happen. Might take some time though, depending on their schedules and deadlines. But yeah, huge thanks goes to the guys for all the mods here.

Update:

Since some of you prefer to hide the Streaming section above the SB, I've moved it to the side block via Forums Blocks manager which comes equipped with a drop-down menu. I don't think Miniature player is possible on the side, but that should be alright.

I just bought this and put in my channel name Hodjimon, I just want to make sure I didn't mess this up, because I don't see it in the Twitch streaming section. Thanks. :)

I just bought this and put in my channel name Hodjimon, I just want to make sure I didn't mess this up, because I don't see it in the Twitch streaming section. Thanks. :)

It's been added. :) Have fun!

I don't see mine either or anyway to check I didn't screw it up. But I did buy the upgrade thanks so a donation from a forum member which was absolutely amazing.

My Channel Name is Gothicsyn I think I put it as so anyways thanks again!

http://www.twitch.tv/gothicsyn/

I don't see mine either or anyway to check I didn't screw it up. But I did buy the upgrade thanks so a donation from a forum member which was absolutely amazing.

My Channel Name is Gothicsyn I think I put it as so anyways thanks again!

http://www.twitch.tv/gothicsyn/

Apologies for the late response. I see that your channel has yet to be added to our Twitch Livestream page. I've gone ahead and added it for you, however, an administrator will have to make sure this channel gets your name as the "ownership" title. Gone ahead and given them a heads up, so don't worry about the ownership, this will be fixed soon. =]

Again, apologies we couldn't get to you sooner.

Now Worries Six I was just a little fuddled as to why I hadn't sprung up on there yet! But anyways thanks fr the fix much appreciated as always!

We will get this associated to you as well. Thank you for the patience. Due to the site move some things may take a little longer than others to get to.

No trouble I appreciate that you have other things to deal with I'm happy enough to hold while it's all sorted

Back