Stocking Magic

This was the easiest leveling up system besides FFX's for me to learn. I mean, sure, it took for ever to get 100 of each powerful magic, but you didn't need to get to level 100 (which would probably take even longer). I thought this was a really creative way to make your characters stronger.

I do like leveling up in almost any FF game I play, though. So I guess it's kind of what mood I'm in, if I'm looking for a more thought out game then I go for VIII, and if I just want to smash monsters for an hour then I go for, say, XII or KH.

There hasn't been a single FF game that didn't have it's faults, which for VIII was junctioning and drawing magic. Otherwise it's a fantastic game, much better than VII in my opinion.

Sure it's fast and easy way to improve your characters, but for me it started to be little bit annoying when new better spell was found it took 5-10 min to stack it up to 100 when I just wanted to land sharp kick to monsters balls (or whatever they happen to have) and move on.

Materia system from VII is my favourite method from all FFs, but junctioning wasn't that bad when I got used to it.

The junctioning system is not only good for people who don't have the patience to level up it's actually a great deal better then leveling up. The villains in this game (except for 1 or 2) all level up with your characters, but they dont adjust for junctions.

It's the best unique thing the game offers.

Initially I did not like this system at all, but now that I've played through the game multiple times it's grown on me. Sure, it's easy to get characters' vitals to the max pretty early on and overmatch opponents, but the thing I like about it is the creativity it allows for. Addtionally, I like the strategy that's involved in getting certain characters compatible with the GFs that carry certain unique junction abilities. Personally, I'm a fan of using GFs in battle instead of magic, so it's important that I have high compatibility ratings between my characters and their GFs. It's slow going sometimes, but the reward that comes when characters have the junctions I want AND high compatibility with the GFs that carry those junctions is great. High stats and a fast-moving meter for GF attacks, what could be better?

I loved the Draw system. And the Junctioning system I thought was a really great idea on SE's part. I loved how you could not only sit there in one battle and stock up 100 of whatever magic the monster had, but also could use the magic on either the monster or yourself.

And the Junctioning system was also pretty awesome, you could make your characters epically powerful. And toward the end of the game you could make it so the character would kill on one hit. (Death spell FTW!!) All in all I thought it was an awesome part of the game and I hope that some time SE will make another game with something similar.

I personally, thought it wa unique and it was different so I give it that ^_^ I drawed like crazzzyy! Drawing is what gets you magic which if junctioned can make your characters badass. Although, sometimes it did annoy me having to sit there waiting for everyone to draw 100 of everything -__- more so when your characters have shitty ass magic and cant draw for shit >_>

I never draw 300 spells for everything, only for hard to get magic. A lot of spells can easily be refined from items. When I do draw 100 spells per character, I make sure they have strong magic junctions, so they draw nine spells at a time. This makes the whole drawing process a lot less painful.

Drawing can be fun, just have something to listen to.

I liked to draw 100 of every spell. Once I set the cursor on memory and taped down the ok button things went by as I chatted online. The whole junctioning system was a master piece. People say Final Fantasy VII materia was better, which could be, but it was a lot harder to absorb all elements and a lot of status effects. They are pretty close together. You could equip Elemental-Fire materia combo, or you could junction Fire to your elemental attack.

Neadless to say it took so much less time to get 100 of a magic, which was better then 7's decrease/increase of stats, then to master a materia up. Still its very close though. All magic in FF8 increases.

Also GF abilities that leveled up your magic ='ed leveling up materia. FF8 just had so many ways to play the game. I just like 7 cause it was easy, but I do respect 8's.

The junctioning system is not only good for people who don't have the patience to level up it's actually a great deal better then leveling up. The villains in this game (except for 1 or 2) all level up with your characters, but they dont adjust for junctions.

It's the best unique thing the game offers.
but sadly when that system can be abused to hell and back and just become fucking broken -- that's where the game starts to fall apart because then random encounters are just distractions that you don't get anything out of

Personally i think that the draw & junction systems were the one of the high points of the game.

Combining both you could have a very large number of setups for your chararacters, while at the same time you had a lot of un imo.
Sometimes it could get frustrating to get "that spell, that number of times" but in the end it would always pay off.
Lastly, i think it was perfect for people who don't have patience, since you could get a nice character being at low levels.

At first no, it felt too tedious at times well it still kind of does. Through time though i started to like it, i was so used to final fantasy 7's system that i wasn't going to like any other system but it. Something different every now and then is good though, now that i'm playing 8 more i prefer it over 7 now.

I liked stocking magic. MP was finite and you could just draw magic you were low on. Sure, stocking and junctioning took away the aspect of leveling, but it made the game unique and easier than previous installments.

At first i hated the whole system, i didnt fully know how to use it. But once i finally learned, i liked it for the most part. I just hated drawing magic from a monster for 10 mins.

i never really liked the drawing and stocking magic, it anoyed me. i havent minded the other battle systems in the any of the other games, thats the only one i didnt really like.

I didn't understand the Junction system at all when I first played the game, and I failed to realize that levelling up did absolutely no good. I recall during my first playthrough of the game I had all of my GFs above level 70 before the first visit to Galbadia Garden. This was because all I ever did in battle was call them constantly. I thought that's what you were supposed to do. The Junction system made no sense to me at all.
However, several years later, when I learned how useful it actually was, I found it to be an extremely entertaining and versatile way of building your stats. Especially because there are so many different spells in the game.

I don't think there was ever a battle system that I liked more than FFVII's though. Nothing beats Materia. And I've always loved spending hours levelling up my characters, this luxury was unfortunately lost in FFVIII.

The junctioning system was my favourite part of this game and I loved it, although stocking magic ready for junctioning got a bit tedious. You could make youself fantastic through it. ;]
The only bad thing I didn't particularly didn't like is getting rid of of, for example I got 100 Blizzards and then wanted to get rid of them when I had Blizzaga so I had no choice but to give them another character before the main ones get too full up. So that was a bit annoying, but apart from that I absolutely loved stocking/junctioning magic.

I loved juctioning. It's a useful way of making your statistics more personal to you, I feel. For example I always had Squall junction el-atk and Water, along with st-atk Sleep (Only if I had 100 though).

I really liked the junctioning system. I liked the level of customization it provided; I really liked being able to choose which stats I wanted to focus on as well as the status and elemental attacks and defense options.

The fact that using magic decreased my stats didn't bother me too much. I rarely used magic anyway and the magic I did use could be easily drawn again. As for the drawing system, I didn't find it too bothersome. I would just put the enemy to sleep and get Squall to draw enough magic for every one since he would usually draw at least 8 without fail.

Back