Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Hey guys!

We're still working on a lot of changes and updates when it comes to the forum, but I wanted to go ahead and see what the current interest for SOTW starting back up is. There might be another check a little later down the line as this is a bit of a spur of the moment check. I don't have things set up yet, but I am curious because I hear a lot of people enthusiastic about SOTW's return.

So... I am not asking if you're up for a return but I'm asking if you'd participate!

I would also like your feedback on how you think SOTW should run. Weekly? Bi-Weekly? Once a month? Did you prefer the latest setup where 4 guidelines were posted at once for the whole month? Or did you prefer the old setup where guidelines were posted on a weekly basis?

Give any feedback you think is worth giving!

Please make use of the poll AND comment below with your suggestions! :D

Last edited:
I'd be down to participate, I have to get back into it though.

If you have any suggestions or preferences about how SOTW should be posted (as seen in my original post) please feel free to share! Thanks for the support and interest!

I would love to see this be a thing every week! (I wasn't around before when it was)

I suggest weekly posts rather than monthly so we get more frequent reminders/updates. I think it helps with the event's exposure.

@Six Unfortunately I can't say yes yet because I'm terrible at making artwork, but I'm holding my vote in case there is another way to participate.

k, but I'm holding my vote in case there is another way to participate.

Hey Jively! Thanks for the feedback. The reminders would be posted regardless, but I do think the weekly posts with guidelines used to work better as well, we'll see.

Beginners are welcome ;) I'm unsure what you mean by there being another way to participate, though? Care to elaborate? :D

I'm unsure what you mean by there being another way to participate, though? Care to elaborate?

Oh, I was just thinking if there were some other way to help the event go off. Providing an extra judge for the submissions? Helping get the word out? I could always give it a mention in a video or stream as a fun thing some viewers may want to check out. Maybe something else if have another idea. I can always just give it shot too, otherwise. I do need practice, after all, though I'm not excellent yet. :P

Oh, I was just thinking if there were some other way to help the event go off. Providing an extra judge for the submissions? Helping get the word out? I could always give it a mention in a video or stream as a fun thing some viewers may want to check out. Maybe something else if have another idea. I can always just give it shot too, otherwise. I do need practice, after all, though I'm not excellent yet. :P

Fair enough! I understand now. That's completely up to you, of course!

Voting will be public to our members, no judges. :D

I think everyone needs practice again... It's been on a very long hiatus. :wacky:

I'd definitely be interested in trying it out again, but I think it being a fortnightly thing would help it feel less like homework and more as something 'fun'. Maybe that was just me though. It really stressed me out after a while. That constant looming deadline each and every week :tearjoy:

I definitely prefer the old setup where guidelines were posted individually though. Kept me more engaged here as I'd see new threads every week and I was less likely to put all four on my "to do" list at once and just forget about all of them for a month shhh

I'd definitely be interested in trying it out again, but I think it being a fortnightly thing would help it feel less like homework and more as something 'fun'. Maybe that was just me though. It really stressed me out after a while. That constant looming deadline each and every week :tearjoy:

I definitely prefer the old setup where guidelines were posted individually though. Kept me more engaged here as I'd see new threads every week and I was less likely to put all four on my "to do" list at once and just forget about all of them for a month shhh

Thanks for your honest feedback. I actually agree, it being too frequent can feel like a real chore. Stress more about getting signatures done and submitted instead of actually enjoying the process. :wacky:

Keep the feedback coming, guys!

While I would like to see the return of SOTW (it's always nice to see the amazing work from people), I can't say I can dedicate participation on a regular basis, even if it's fortnight. I love creating signatures (although it's been over a year, tbh...) but I like to create for myself and personal reasons rather than create something so that it can go through the whole voting process. Not to say I won't ever join SOTW because of my own personal views and opinion; it really depends on the mood and if I'm really really digging the theme. I don't believe in forcing myself to create something and not being happy and motivated in the process, which I'm sure everyone knows how that feels like.

I think bi-weekly would work best for everyone. It's a nice compromise where it doesn't become a chore but people don't have to wait for the whole month either if they're done early or decided to skip a theme and would have to wait another month, etc. You don't wanna lose people in the process.

Didn't see this thread earlier, truly shocked at myself! Anyway, if SOTW was to return I would be a happy panda indeed and would likely participate at least on a semi-regular basis.

I agree with the previous proposed idea of running it bi-weekly with the two themes for the month posted in advance, like the setup from before.

Reactions: Six
Seems to have been a while, but since I'm somewhat making my way back tot he site, I'd be down/up for participating as well (as long as it's not every week). I wouldn't mind it being every two weeks, though.

Reactions: Six
I might run a new check in the new year. I don't think there's enough interest to get this started at this point in time, sadly. Especially with the holidays coming up I'm wondering if it would even be an appropriate time to attempt it.

Thanks, though, Ken. Seeing who's interested could help for potentially restarting!

Back