[SOTW] Information & Discussion (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I approve of the freestyle theme once a month dea :yay

@Steve-O, glad you like it. I figure that way, everyone can make something in advance as well. With the new monthly guidelines layout, you can see all 4 themes in a day, basically. So for those who have a week where they can produce a lot of graphics, they can do all 4 themes in a row, send them in and have a spot in every week's voting. Hope to see you enter again soon.

We've got @Dyranda, and @‎Meijin Kawaguchi joining the game as well (hopefully both?). :D

Keep up the great work though, guys. I'm revising the first post of this thread as we speak, I'll post a notification here as we speak.

Announcement: From now on, every Freestyle week winner will be rewarded 1GP (Gold Points). This means you can win 1GP once per month, not including random bonus weeks that may include GP!

=]

ANNOUNCEMENT MAY 2015
- PRIZES & REWARDS UPDATE.
- INFORMATION POSTS.

Ahem. Let's make a proper announcement, shall we? A few days ago, I updated you guys that every Freestyle themed SOTW (which is every 1st week of the month) will be rewarded 1GP in addition to the other awards you receive for winning SOTW. At that time, I thought I was done brainstorming SOTW, but apparently I wasn't. =]

So in addition to the 1GP, every entrant will (from now on) be rewarded 25 Gil. Winners usually only received the Gil reward, but they will now get an additional 25. Meaning entrants receive 25 Gil, and winners receive 50 Gil every week. I value our entrants just as much as the people that win SOTW, and I find it only fair that a reward is giving to those that take the time to create art for this weekly competition.

We've been (and are) constantly updating MogShop, so there will always be something to spend your hard earned Gil on. Note that we also take suggestions if there's things you like added to MogShop (maybe something GFX related)? You can do so in the regular Suggestions forum on our forum, or you can send me a PM.

Here's a small overview of the new prizes & rewards system as of today, May 8th:

Entrants:

- 25 Gil

Winners:

- 50 Gil*
- vBSlider Display.
- DeviantArt Display.
- 1 GP (Only every 1st Freestyle week of the month).

Every 5th Win (see Leaderboard):

- 100 Gil*
- vBSlider Display.
- DeviantArt Display.
- Facebook Display.
- SOTW Ribbon (post-bit)

(* All prizes have the 25 entrant reward included in the total amount)

With that said, keep in mind that we also still have our occasional bonus week where extra prizes will be given out. ;)

Aside from that, you'll notice that the first, second, and third post of this thread have been updated accordingly.

1st post: Contains the general SOTW information and rules.
2nd post: Contains information on the monthly guidelines, prizes & rewards.
3rd post: Contains SOTW merch (which is totally free to use!)

I hope you guys like the changes! =]

Could we have a Final Fantasy XIV SoTW theme for June?

Not "specifically" XIV only, sorry. June has already been set for Birthweek. We can do a specific XIV theme after if you'd like.

Ok, no problem. Only mentioned June because Heavensward is being released then and the theme might prove popular. Momentarily forgot about Birthweek and what you might already have set for the month.

The themes that I have set do allow for some choices though, so if you wanted you could use a character from XIV for example. I'll make sure to include it in the upcoming guidelines for that, just in case.

Voting will be up a few hours early. It's basically already Saturday here, though normally I do it during the day. I won't have a ton of time tomorrow, so SOTW's updates are a bit early today. =]

Small piece of info; the reason that there is only one new guidelines is because after this one we're launching the Birthweek guidelines. ;) Stay tuned for cool prizes!

Please make sure to send in your entries before midnight (CEST). Tomorrow (Saturday) we will start with the SOTW guidelines that will be counted towards birthweek. ;)

1EOJ6Sp.gif

sent it in a moment ago. now i'm gonna go crash the weekend away :pooley:

Birthweek has officially started for SOTW!

- For SOTW 128, 129 & 130 winners will be rewarded 1 BWP (Birthweek Point).
- Make sure you read the RULES within the given guidelines.
- Guidelines will be posted weekly during the Birthweek event.
- No due date extensions will be given.
- The late entrant rule does NOT apply for SOTW 128, 129 & 130 so make sure you're on TIME.
- There will be NO GP rewards during this time.

What are Birthweek points?
They're not a new currency. They're just a way for us to keep track of winners, participants etc.
Instead of rewarding big Gil prizes and entrants not being able to catch up with winners we decided participation should be
rewarded just as well!

Most competitions use a different BWP rewarding system, only winners will receive a Birthweek Point in SOTW.
It's a weekly competition after all.

Questions? Fire away, or send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back