SOTW 42 Voting Thread

SOTW 47

• Total voters

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
The theme this week was Black and White, you know the rules, if you don't post why, your vote is discounted.

Here are this weeks entries -

1)
SilentHill.png

2)
Crash_by_Leon_GFX.jpg

3)
blackandwhite.jpg

4)
SOTWENTRY.png

5)
sigpic8886_9.gif

6)
sotw42wa2.png

7)
shadowbwjv3.jpg

I like number 7, it just seems to stand out more than the rest, this one is just right IMO. I like the dark image with the funky background :neomon:

I chose number 2. Despite it being hard to see for some people, I liked the effects, and the text floating around inside of it.

1 - probably would have been 2nd choice
3 - All the swirly black lines are pretty nifty
4 - I don't think the effects looked too good there tbqh. Maybe it would look better in colour?
5 - It's just text...I can't exactly vote for something that has no visual grabbing of teh eye.
6 - No idea what's meant to be in it
7 - I don't think the image seems to fit in too well there.

I choose number 4
It really reminds me of those really old fotograph's, enforcing even more the theme "Black and white"

The first four are pretty good. I don't care much for the others, personally.

I'm going with #3. It's too awesome to go against. Coolest subject of all the entries for sure. The effects are great, too.

My vote was for #2. It called to me more than the others. The stock's expression was probably the most pulling element of the sig. The effects were also good.

I choose #6 I don't know what is it but I like it, however #4 should be in colors >_<

Kinda hard to choose between 1 and 6.

1-render seems to blend well and the background was good.

6- render blends really well, the border looks good, and the word looks cool.

I went with 6.

Not keen on any of this weeks tbh.

#1 Kinda nice, but the embossed border is a massive no-no for me

#2 Emotive IMO, but I am biased since the stock chosen is one of my favourite scenes from one of my favourite movies (if you've seen it you'll know what I mean). Found it hard to work in B/W since I generally don't like B/W, but meh. Might make a colour version of this sig sometime.

#3 Don't like it. Fractals are messy, boring and just don't appeal to me at all. As far as I can tell its a render, with a load of fractals, in b/w. Try and place graphics to create some flow, rather than just anywhere. Google some flow tutorials, or browse Deviantart.

#4 Well I guess it's alright, but I don't like seeing the same thing every week, just with different renders. Messy.

#5 ummmm...............where are the graphics????

#6 I like the effects used in this one, but I have some complaints. There are two light areas each side of the render, which draw attention away. There seems to be no sharp/blur areas, it's all the same. Eye is drawn more to the text than to anything else. Basically it all adds up to there being not a good focal, and (IMO) poor placement of the second light source (left one). But I still like it.

#7 Grainy, LQ, and for me, kinda tacky looking. Not much else to say. Can't really pinpoint any specifics, but I would suggest using HQ renders/stocks/effects in future.

It's between 2, 3, 4, and 6 for me.

2 was done very well, in an almost dramatic yet explosive kind of way. I don't really know what's going on in the background, and that kinda made me curious as it seems as if there IS something going on (although that may not really be the case), but it's kind of obscure, so that really made it cool. The text was a nice touch, although somewhat random.

I like 3 enough. It certainly looks nice, what with how the character's standing is...it looks as if he's in control. But, it also looks very random, as if brushes were placed here, there, and everywhere.

Now 4 is quite different. I like the whole "old photograph" effect, but the concept doesn't seem to match the subject, Lulu. =/ Perhaps if it was a precious moments theme with black and white effect, it would have be more appealing. Or maybe something that's tale as old as time kinda theme. It looks very nice though.

6 is pretty good, but somewhat...empty. =/ I don't really get that "feel" for it, but it is very clean and smooth, which I really like. The lighting and text is pretty nice too.

So...in the end I voted for number 2. It just appeals more to me than the ones I've mentioned.

I picked number 3 because it has alot of things going on in the back ground and it looks cool.

2 and 6 are both pretty good, but I went with 6. I don't know what the hell it is (looks like one of the keybladers from Birth by Sleep), but I like the effects the best.

3 is unnecessarily large (too much empty space on the right) and uses too much of that one brush. 5 is um....very n00bish. It's just text with a simple filter effect. I wanted to vote for 7, because I love Sonic...but I don't like the actual pic of Sonic in it. It looks like the colors are running and blurred. Maybe it's supposed to be that way, I'm just not too keen on it.

For me...after a hard decision went for #2 in the end, albeit they are all equally as good in there own ways. The blending looks very good and the black and white contrast looks equal as well as the stock/render looking (to me) clear (albeit he looks constipated, sorry >_<).

However, trying not to be too picky it was the text that stole it away from #6, the font was equally as good but in #2 the text explains what the sig is 'Crash' whereas, I don't get the 'Riviera' on the 'Birth by Sleep' sig.

Picky I know, but it was the only wasy I could pick one :gasp:

My vote goes to number 2, great signature. The stock, text, and lighting go well together. It's very dramatic.

Congratulations Riku! You won SOTW 42!

The Guidelines for SOTW 44 will be up as soon as Derek posts SOTW 43 ^^

Back