Six's Graphics

Some older ones, but still the most recent!

dv5Me7X.png

fJyPGsZ.png

oO3lEXz.png

ET1q9BG.png

Really loving these pieces, particularly the Cloud x Tifa and Nyx signatures. I've always been a fan of how you handle text, the ampersand in the first signature is a nice touch. Cool gif too, I didn't know you had put this one together!

Reactions: Six
I love the first two as well! I really like your Nyx one in particular, I was actually planning on making one with him and you had it up within the next day of me even thinking about it! It was weird actually, Lol!

I love your use on text for nearly all of these, particularly on the previous post's signatures - but also your most recent ones! I agree with Gal, the ampersand on the first one is really nice (but I also like the ampersand in hers too!) If you ever see me taking a page out of your guys' books I hope you consider it more flattering than copying 😅 (I'm still trying to be more creative with my text use!)

Looking forward to seeing more in the future! 😁

Thanks, ladies!

When I got into GFX design I was actually massively favouring text pieces, I’m glad it shows and that you guys think it’s pulled off nicely.

@DaggerTribal Id actually be quite flattered if you create work inspired by some pieces I’ve created. Biggest compliment. 😆 Plus I hope it helps you! I’ve told you before, but definitely create a graphics thread to show it off!

Also lol the Nyx situation. He’s a hottie! I had no idea until I saw that film 🤣 I had to!

Means a lot to get some feedback, so thank you both once again!

84kwlOD.png

kwdCtjz.png

Love the simplistic style lately... I need to experiment a bit more again, though.

I like them! Simple is better most times I feel because we can get carried away trying to add too many effects. The color splashes give me a Spotify kind of vibe.

• Haha
TPCT.png

New banner for the Cloti Fanclub.

guhf50j.png

You Me At Six lyrics. Still love that line.

lrvRz5s.png

The 1975 of course. I really need to mess around with effects more again but I'm enjoying these simple signatures too much. Ahh.. Conflict.

You do the simple style very well; it's original and, moreover, a lot more difficult than people often appreciate.

There's certainly an excellent grasp on when to use harder and softer colouring - the use of clean and sharp stocks is also nice!

I particularly love your You Me At Six signature - text as a centrepiece is difficult (I notice a running theme through your pieces that you have an excellent handle on text work) and you've pulled it off really well. Beautiful colour palette, too.

Great work!

• Love
Thank you very much for the kind words, @Nerolexis Genuinely appreciate that feedback.

Text and colour have definitely been my favourite additions to focus on when it comes to GFX, for as long as I can remember. Probably since I started in 2008. :lew:

Little update! I plan on (hopefully) doing some more GFX work in the new year. I just need to really get cracking on my resource folder. I never replaced anything since I deleted it a few months ago and so I'm just going off of google when making stuff. It's probably why my work has been more simple, but... I dunno... I miss the more effect heavy pieces! But yeah! Small update!

Jp4oKvv.png

Requested by Setzer. Anime characters have never been my strong suit, but it was also me getting back into GFX-ing after not touching Photoshop for a while, so all in all... eh. :lew:

1wTszxF.png

Requested by The Witch. Not an Aerith fan at all, but I enjoyed this piece!

imraLr9.png

Listen, I like the kid, ok?

BarretWallace.png

Wanted to make a Behind the Scenes video, so I decided I'd give it a go with Barret. Remake hype is real.

Feedback is appreciated :D

Last edited:
Great work!

I empathise greatly with using anime stocks, I've always found them weirdly bizarre to work with. I think it's fairly unique too from what I've seen - I'm not sure what the current trends are, but when I was last on messageboards (a good 7-8 years ago), anime stocks everywhere used to be HEAVILY oversaturated with obvious C4D renders which were the polar opposite of 2D anime, making it an odd blend - so I really like that you've taken on your own style with this piece. Although you've described it as 'eh', I think you should be proud of it! Whilst some of your other pieces, such as Aerith and Barret from your latest work may be better from a technical point of view, you should take a great deal of heart in taking stock that you've indicated is out of your comfort zone and taking on that challenge whilst doing a good job with it, even more so whilst just getting back into Photoshop. Great job.

I really, really like your Aerith piece. At risk of repeating myself from a previous post, it has a beautiful colour palette that compliments the Aerith render nicely. I think you've done an excellent job with the gradient colour range - on numerous occasions I've scrolled passed and thought the right side of Aerith's jacket was part of the background - so it's a really nice colour blend! The lighter / pale blue brushing / lighting adds a nice contrast to the colour range, too - also, great work on the font!

The simplicity of your Yungblud signature, as with your other simpler pieces, is excellent as usual - the clarity of the image is superb and the darkness of the blacks and brightness of the whites is brilliant.

Excellent clarity with the Barret render used. The text really stands out for me in this piece; the shadow really makes it 'pop' and the clipping of Barret into the text was a masterstroke - it really enables the whole concept to be pulled together by keeping the colour scheme consistent, whilst the different tones of brown also make it stand out from standard text on signatures. I like what you've done with the lighting, too; you've done a good job on incorporating a pinky-purply-bluey lighting aspect whilst reining in the harshness to keep it nicely soft and subtle. The small light spots are a nice touch; given the overall destructive militia look that Barett carries, they could be conceived as embers from military active (that's how I originally took it anyway, haha).

Brilliant work. Keep it up!

• Love
Sort me out fam. Pikachu sig. Mix it with Dylan Thomas for the craic.

Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Paddy McGee

:eyeroll: If you're actually serious, use the request form here, please. Linky. Next time I'm removing your silly post for spam!

Ahhh, it's been a bit and I want my resource folder back. Girl is struggling.

Gave a wallpaper a try: [Original image]
JessieLightVariation1.png

Abstract Debauchery requested some images for fun, created those as well:

Ringo1.png
Ringo2.png

Ringo.png

If you accept comments here, here you are.

If you don't, feel free to delete. I won't cry. :thehead:

The Jessie wallpaper blows my mind! It captures her cheeky persona and makes great use of the colours of her costume.
Of course I love Ringo's character set too.

And while I'm a bit late, I think the Barret sig is spot on for him. The sepia tones really bring out the Old West themes in his character (his hometown of Old Corel and the bar the Seventh Heaven bar/saloon). The glowy spots could symbolise the fire inside him, but also a lot of warmth. The crack behind him might let the viewer (AKA my silly brain) imagine that Barret has cracked a wall in anger and is trying to cover it up by standing in the way so that Marlene doesn't get scared. His next step would be to give her a hug and tell her a bedtime story. :)

• Love
These things are horrible.

tlou3.png

tlou2bwshadow.png

tloupt2.png

These things are horrible.

I hated them... until I came across stalkers (which I completely forgot were introduced in The Last of Us), and then they weren't so bad. Nothing creepier than those mofos hiding behind furniture in the pitch black.

I'm particularly a fan of the third version of the three; I get real Stranger Things horror theme vibes when Eleven is in 'The Void' (I'm entirely assuming you've seen it LOL). Leaving the background entirely black puts the emphasis solely on the shambler in this piece, and combined with the grunge clipping and black and white tones, it definitely accentuates the horror theme.

I like the text too - reminds me of the cover art text for TLoU/TLoU2.

Simplicity is certainly more effective in these pieces!

Back