Announcements Server move/Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice we now have an acheivement system. I think that it is brilliant. Are the other skins working by the way?

Ah I see then. Well thanks for the information. Glad you can look into whatever you can.

not fully, will likely be a day or two before there are, LOTS of changes need to be made, the templates there are a little bit hacked together, things were bodged on where needed and never really fixed or removed later. Even back when i was tech admin first time around it was like a snakes pit. @Belazor is getting er done though =)

He's doing a great job so far, I'm using the FFForums V1 skin again, all the new features are compatible and everything. It's not perfect yet (although I didn't expect it to be yet xD) but it's useable; and it doesn't hurt the eyes like the white skin does :lew:

FFForums skin works perfect for me, too. Thanks and amazing hard work, you guys. I know it's still work in progess, but you have no idea how much better this is on the eyes.

Sweet, I'm finally able to get on. :) It was getting pretty lonely being stuck on the other server.

But anyway, we will be making a thread about all the changes and features soon. Still trying to gather information from the two Tech Admins (and making decisions in the process), but things are looking up so far. Thanks for being patient with us, folks!

I just want to confirm that at this time the Top 5 Stats at the top of the page is not expandable at the moment?

So we can't see anything beyond that?

Eg: We can see the last 5 newest replies to a thread but can't make it so we can expand it to see the last 50 newest replies to threads like on the old version?

That was my favourite part. >.<

Last edited:
Belazor (I'm having the hardest time trying to remember your real name, sorry!) does this mean you're making us brand new fancyshmancy skins? To mention an old pain in the neck, I liked the skins that you made (I believe?) on SEF. :wacky:

Social groups work really well. I was even able to create one and figure all out on my own.

So maybe that's how clubs (sure this has been mentioned) should be done now? You could even use it for clans if it was password protected right? And then those threads wouldn't show up in latest posts and I wouldn't have to click on them and realize that I can't look at them and get depressed.

And also I resent not be considered Alpha as fuck Ringo, but the only thing I can figure is that I am in fact Alphaer than fuck. :rage: :rofl:

As soon as these new skins are done, this forum shall be better than it was before I think. Didn't at first. :wacky:

"OH MY GAWSH GUYS, THE FORUM GETTING UPGRADED, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE WE EVER GONNA DO WE CAN'T POSSIBLY HAVE THAT"

it's satisfying being totally right about the future of this board- yet again- but I'm glad there's someone here now who actually comprehends how broken the old software was to make this site much smoother running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back