Sephiroth

Gil
Is it me or does he seem really weak now. I fought and destroyed the weapons with no problems at all. I didn't even use KOTR on Sephiroth at the end and he just seems very weak there. Does anyone think that it's weird that in the game is the only time we see Sephiroth transformed into some weird monster? He's so much more badass in his human appearance to me. Just saying. What do you all think?

The first time I beat VII I didn't even know what Knights of the Round was. I beat VII again recently(a few months ago, I think) and I beat the game at Level 60. It was the fastest I have ever beaten it and yes, Sephiroth was a push over.

The first time I beat VII I didn't even know what Knights of the Round was. I beat VII again recently(a few months ago, I think) and I beat the game at Level 60. It was the fastest I have ever beaten it and yes, Sephiroth was a push over.
Yeah, I just did everythhing in the game minus the leveling up so much. i think Cloud was like 74 or something and it took me 3 minutes or so to wipe out Sephiroth all together. He's still badass though.

Omnislash and Knights of The Round Table makes the final boss real easy...
If you spend your time getting them.

I played VII recently but haven't beaten it in ages :whistle:
But I've always been a completionist in games so when I went up against him at the end I was level 99 and he stood no chance at all... So I don't know whether he's just easy or I was too strong...

Yeah I agree, Sephiroth is quite the pushover, FF7 is an amazing game, but I feel there needs to be more of a challenge to it. Like it would be amazing if the final showdown with Cloud and Sephiroth would be an actual battle instead of just an Omnislash, that would be badass in my opinion :D.

Yeah I agree, Sephiroth is quite the pushover, FF7 is an amazing game, but I feel there needs to be more of a challenge to it. Like it would be amazing if the final showdown with Cloud and Sephiroth would be an actual battle instead of just an Omnislash, that would be badass in my opinion :D.
I've often thought of that too. Kind of like the Cloud VS Rufus fight in disc 1. That would be epic!

Sephiroth is such a pushover agreed, to be honest I found Jenova a bigger challenge in terms of strategy compared to him.

well let me tell you a funny tale...
it took me ten years to beat sethiroth without the knights i might add
then felt real cocky,
like "ohhh that was easy" my shock at beating that sod! i was lets say very cheerful on the verge of shouting i beat him!
anyway i decided to play the game again yes i leveled up all over but this time,i did all the chocobo breeding got Mr gold so all summons later went to jenova beat her but then sethiroth-jenova was impossible !!
why did they become harder??!

3 tries later got to sethiroth and he went supernova crazy.. he wouldnt stop using it so i died another 3 more tries and i kicked his butt
so he can be hard, then he can be easy

ive not played it in a year or so will be interesting to see who kicks who..?!

Sephiroth isn't that bad, agreed, but there are certain variables which affect his HP level.

Whether or not you used KOTR on Jenova-SYNTHESIS, if you did he'll have +80,000 HP.
For each character at level 99, he'll gain an additional 30,000 HP and a few other stat boosts.
Every time you killed Bizarro Sephiroth's head it'll deduct 100 HP from Safer Sephiroth, though it caps eventually.

This being said, if you go in with a lower leveled party he'll have 80,000 HP at default, if you go in with maxed characters he can have up to 400,000, give or take. This being said, Safer/Seraph Sephiroth is even easier given that he follows a scripted pattern every single time:

Wall, Shadow Flare, Wing (attacks party member with highest current HP), Ascend, Pale Horse, Super Nova (which can't actually kill you, the status effects are the main worry), Break (<20,000HP = Heartless angel - 1HP to all chars), Descend, DeSpell, Deen (arguably his most deadly attack), Wing, Ascend, Pale Horse, Super Nova, Break, Descend, repeat.

Shadow Flare, Wing, Break and Pale Horse are all single target attacks, so if the person dies you can revive them before his next turn, Super Nova can never kill you (it takes 93.75% of your max HP). Deen hits all thee characters for a decent amount of damage, which is why it's the main worry. You learn this kinda stuff when you do a low level game.

To be honest Bizarro is more difficult due to his Stigma attack and the fact he'll constantly heal himself. A pain for low(er) level characters since they can't deal damage as fast.

Actually I found Jenova to be easier than Sephiroth. Until I took the time to level up three more times and then I finally beat him. Him turning into those monster forms were kind of weird though. I never understood why someone would want to turn into a big monster, I mean you're just making yourself an easier target.

But eeh, I never thought Sephiroth was that smart to begin with.

I (somehow) got to Sephiroth at the end of the game at an incredibly low level, probably by sheer luck, and I don't even stand a chance against him..I get 1 hit every time and realize now that I'm basically screwed :( So dont let that happen to you!

The first time I beat VII I didn't even know what Knights of the Round was...

Same here, on my first playthrough I missed out on soooo much. I did'nt know about KOTR and so many others materia. I did'nt get their best weapons or any extra characers :wtf:. My stats were pretty much at minimum requirement for beating the game i think.
So my first attempt with the final boss Sephiroth it took.....wait for it....70 mins !! :holyshit:. Still amazed by his Supernova!!
Even though that was several years ago, that still has to be my most epic/hardest/longest/thrilling boss battle EVER of all games, that i have played.....man i wish i had a video of it.

Then i got my hands on a walkthrough and the second time around, well...lets just say things got a little easier :D

Sephiroth is pretty easy. My fourth playthrough was just sad. I killed Jenova right off the back with Knights of the Round. ONE HIT. Then I fought sephiroth bizzaro and knights of the round, mimed twice and killed it without even switching parties. Then I killed Safer. I'd probably say that was a 10 minute battle. Even 1 HP could bbe easily recharged with a Megalixer. Knights of the rounded him, used wall and stuff and made him suffer

man, i haven't beaten Sephiroth up in about 6 months, but the last time i did it, he hit me with his biggest spell, (super nova i think) but i was nervous and then it hit me for next to no damage, i was like "WTF that took forever and it FAILED" then an omni-slash and a deathblow later it was done, i started chanting easy to which my better half told me to shut up, and so in theory Sephiroth got me in trouble.

Sephiroth is easy or hard based on how much effort you put into perfecting your characters and how much you know about the game, mainly materia.

If you:
-Don't know about KotR
-Haven't realized how valuable All materia is
-Don't run Restore on every character
-Don't know any good materia combos
-Don't hit above level 70
Etc-Etc... you will have a rough time with Sephiroth.

However, some of us
-Rock 4x Cut, KotR, Restore+All
-Use combos like Cover + Multiple Counter Attack materia
-Acquire all ultimate weapons
-Acquire and use all final limit breaks
-Break level 80+
-Use item dupe to go "Pot Hunting" with infinite elixers
-Use exploits like the Mime-summon-chain
Etc-Etc... and kill Sephiroth as if he was a miserable push-over failure.

Nowdays I try to find something inbetween. I refuse to use any exploits or cheats, such as item dupe or Mime-summon-chain and refuse to use KotR period. I also refuse to invest too much time grinding things like mastering high AP materia like 4x Cut anymore. I still beat Sephiroth with ease, but he's not quite the same pushover as when I could just spam KotR and rock 3 4x Cut materia.

Back