Rift (RP)

It was a bright sunny day in Manchester and that was why Dawn loved to just to sit down at Piccadilly Gardens and relax. She watched the little kids run into the fountains, splash and play about like any ordinary children would do so. It was at times like these when she would want to be a child herself again. Dawn glanced at her watch knowing that she was supposed to be collecting that Martina Cole book her mum had wanted her to get while she was down here. She got to her feet again ten minutes later and hurried off to Waterstones to buy it. But whilst she was there, Dawn could hear that very strange voice again. "The rift is coming ... it is coming sooner than you think." Looking around to see if anyone else could hear it, well, no one did. No one seemed to be disturbed by what they were doing. Dawn supposed that this voice was ... what was the word? Telepathic? But wasn't that quite impossible? Well, impossible didn't happen to be in Professor Evans' dictionary. He liked the POSSIBLE and the endless possibilities of many strange things. No wonder Dawn thought he was crazy ...

She returned back to the Gardens and then sat down again thinking about the voice she had just heard. Maybe she was out of her mind? Was something bothering her that she wasn't really aware of? Dawn couldn't stay here much longer. She walked off away from the Gardens and then started making her way to the bus stop. But oh, something just HAD to get in the way. Damn roadworks were taking place and there wasn't a way of getting through, unless she either took the long away around the next street or take the shortcut through the alleyway. Well, there was only one easy option and she'd take it, anyway. She glared coldly at the workmen, who didn't notice her at all, and proceeded to the alleyway, which was quite unusually dark at this time of day. Dawn heard some things happening, but decided to ignore them. As much as she hated these kind of dark alleyways, this was her only shortcut to the bus stop. She especially didn't want to be on the receiving end of the idiots on that street.

OCC : Here goes my first post in this RP. :)

Darkness surrounded Tioce Junos. She did not know where she was, and neither why she was there. She took courage and opened her eyes, her dazzling sapphire eyes glowing. She first saw bright white walls, then hospital equipment surrounding her. She figured she was in the local St. John's Hospital, but she was not so sure.
She was sitting up on a hospital bed, also as white as the walls. Tioce looked at her hands, which showed bruises bandaged up. She then looked at her arms, where she found something red...a gun shot. Tioce's eyes widened, shocked to find out that she had been shot even without noticing. She never knew she succumbed into a coma after the shot.
Suddenly a young woman entered the white room through the door. She was in a nurse uniform, all white except the red cross on her hat. She had brown eyes that looked so friendly that you might think that it was an angel. She had brown, short hair that shone from the lights. She wore slightly oval glasses with silver rims, perched upon her nose.
She looked at Tioce, who looked sort of scared since she never saw this type of stranger before. The nurse smiled sweetly, and walked up to Tioce. She looked at her and asked, "Do feel better?"
Tioce couldn't answer. She was shy to strangers. So she simply nodded weakly to convince the nurse that she was okay.
The nurse introduced herself. "My name is Amani Henino, but you can call me Amani for short." She paused, and then went on. "I am a nurse in the Manhattan Hospital. I work with different people from different countries. You are the first child that was injured by a gun shot and fall into a coma, rather than die."
Tioce just looked at Amani. She nodded her head simply as before, but not as weak.
Amani reached out a hand. "I'll show you around. Your clothes are over there in the washroom," she pointed out a door to the right of Tioce's bed. "You can get changed. I'll wait for you outside the door."
Tioce held hands with Amani as she got off the bed. She let go of the hand when she faced the washroom door.
"I'll wait," Amani said, pushing up her glasses, "While you get changed."
Tioce nodded again, and went into the washroom. She found clothes on a tiny half table. She took off her hospital smock and got changed.
Tioce was tying on her left converse before she left the washroom to meet up with Amani. She finished tying and went outside, but before she did, she forgot one more thing.
She looked at the sink, scanning for a hairbrush. She found a medium purple one, and took it. She started brushing her hair gently to untie her knots. When she finished, she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked fine, normal, like the last hours before she woke up in the hospital room never happened.
She went out of the washroom, and out of the hospital room. She found Amani waiting, and ran to her.
Amani smiled sweetly. "You look so pretty," she said like a compliment. "Well, let's get going, you need to meet your foster parents."
Tioce was shocked. "
Foster parents?" she said for the first time. Her voice sounded astonished.
"Well, your parents passed away, didn't they?" she said, sounding sorry in her voice.
Tioce just blinked.

Rene yawned, he couldn't believe that Sarah was making him stay out this late... AGAIN! And not only that she was snoozing right next to her!

"Can't believe you..." Rene whispered to himself making sure he didn't wake her. She'd kill him if he did, he still had scratches from when he woke her up in Manor Park in Glossop and that was a month ago!

"Oh shut up Rene, all we have to do is wait for this guy." Lois said to him as she walked back from the coffee stand holding two simmering cups of hot mocha, she gave one to him and he instantly felt the warmth spread through his body.

Sarah finally awoke and spotted Rene's coffee.

"Mine." She said simply as she grabbed his coffee and downed it in one.

"Wha wha! That was mine!" Rene shouted loudly, he then laughed as Sarah suddenly burst out in pain. "Sorry forgot to say it's boiling hot."

"Sonofabitch!" Sarah choked. Rene sighed and helped her back onto the bench, he gave her some water and smiled as she regained her composure.

"Where's loverboy anyways?" Rene asked her.

"Dunno, we had a bit of an argument and he went off in a huff." She giggled and brushed some of her dark hair out of her eyes. "What time is it?"

" 'Bout 10 o'clock." Lois told her glancing at her phone.

"Guess he's not coming, only wanted a bit of weed. C'mon Lo, let's go. We'll see you tomorrow Danny okay?" Sarah told him as she hugged him. Lois wasn't the type to hug so they just exchanged nods.

"See ya you two." Rene got up to leave but decided not to, he had noticed Lois had left her coffee.

"Strange, coulda sworn she took it with her... Better not waste it anyways." He piccked it up and put it to his lips. It was gone!

"What the?" Rene exclaimed, he looked around but couldn't see the cup, not even his empty one.

"Weird, musta imagined it."

Rene finally got up and made his way to the orphanage.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next day.

"Waaaakey waaaakey!!" Sarah shouted banging on Rene's door "We got a busy day today matey!"

"What the fu-? Go back to 'Attersley Ser! It's only 7 o'clock!"

"You've been up earlier!" Sarah told him laughing. She opened the door and Rene retreated under his covers.

"You mind? I'm kinda not wearing anything under here right now!"

"It's not as though I haven't seen it before Danny." She smirked, remembering the time they got drunk and she pulled down his pants... before shoving him into the canal.

"Sh'up. Where's Lois?" Rene grabbed a pair of boxers on the floor and quickly put them on before getting out of bed and putting on some decent clothes.

"Not feelin' well. Just you and me today."

"Lover boy?"

"Will you stop calling him that? James'll be here later on tonight." Rene smirked as Sarah had a go at him. He grabbed his wallet and keys and followed Sarah out of his room.

"Can I at least grab some breaky first?"

"Urgh... Eat some cereal, I can't be bothered to even look at a DEAD ANIMAL this early in the morning." Sarah said loudly in his ear. He smirked and picked up a bit of bacon

"Yuuuummy. Baaaacon." Sarah went to slap him but he dodged it and flicked a bit of toast at her. "C'mon let's go."

"Well, um..." Amelia stuttered. She didn't want foster parents. She heard rumors that they treat their foster child horribly, making them do chores around the house. She just hoped that those foster parents she was going to get are not as the rumors described.
Amani walked, as Tioce followed behind. Amani turned, left, and then another left, and then a right. Tioce was dizzy from the maze-like hospital hallway.
Amani stopped in front of a counter, where an old-looking secretary was typing onto a laptop. Amani asked, "Are the foster parents for Tioce here?"
The secretary looked up, her eyes squinting. "Why, yes," she said, "They're waiting on the bench." The secretary pointed out the bench to the right of the counter.
Two people were sitting on the bench, two middle-aged people. One was a woman who dressed fancily with tiny rhinestones on her collar dress. She had tiny half-moon glasses perched upon her nose. Her eyes were hard to see, but Tioce figured they were gray.
The other middle-aged person was a man. He was a chubby-looking man, possibly a drunkard from his droopy face. He wore a lumberjack collar shirt and baggy brown pants. His eyes were closed, as if he were taking a nap.
Amani approached them.
"Um, here is your foster child, Tioce," Amani said quietly, slightly offended by the middle-aged man's drooling.
The foster mother looked at Tioce, who was standing beside Amani. "Ah," said the foster mother. "We were waiting for you."
The foster father snorted. "Let's get into the car, girl." He said drowsily. He stood up, yawning. "Hurry, I have poker night."
The foster father quickly said thanks to Amani and went out of the building shoving Tioce in front of him with the foster mother at his side.

The hotel they were staying at was a mess, Jack thought, as he and his dad were ushered in by the "confidante" who had been assigned to them by the police in order to make sure the police knew where Jack and his father were after the plane "incident"
"Incident my ass," his dad complained as they waited for the "confidante" to get them a room, "I reckon it was faulty wiring or something. Not a 'coincedence' as those media toshes who were hanging 'round reckoned."
Jack looked up at his dad and smiled, all the while remaining mute. But in his mind he could not shake a small voice in the back of his head. A niggling little voice that would not go away.

I blew up the plane, the voice insisted, it was all my fault, that man annoyed me, and he had to be punished. It's good he's dead- he was one of the few who had still been on the plane as it blew, Jack had found out, the power felt GOOD!

"Dad," Jack asked his father, holding his head with his hands, "can we go somewhere... else?"
His father looked down at him curiously then he sneaked a glance at the "confidante" and smiled.
"We'll get in trouble with the police," he said in an off-hand manner, casually leaning down and picking up their suitcases, "but I guess if we're going..."
Then he and Jack, at the exact same times, turned and ran out of the hotel, ignoring the shouts of the "confidante" behind them.
Laughing as they ran, Jack could almost forget the thoughts running through his mind, as he and his dad headed down towards the middle of London.
Almost, but not quite.

Apo walked passed two men near the entrance of the bank. The gang waited in separate places outside in disguise for a perhaps needed backup. The plan had been set; players are in their positions; the mission begun.

Once Apo entered the bank, he walked up to queue with the least people and waited to reach the teller. The gun inside the jacket's pocket, to the left of his chest. Apo could feel the the weight of the steel hitting his chest every time he took a step. He could also feel the potential weight of death that the gun possessed.

The teller talked while the customer listened; the customer talked while the teller listened. Things were kept at this pace and it felt that it had gone endlessly. Apo zoned out from the noise and focused on what was ahead of him. The tension inside him contrasted with his easy appearance on the outside. As time past for what felt like hours for Apo, more adrenaline filled his whole body.

Time's up; he's next in the line.

"Hey, what would you like to do?"

"I would kill for some money."

As soon as Apo finished the sentence, he swiftly took out the his gun and aimed it at the teller. She was overwhelmed by the moment: in complete shock, she couldn't manage to budge.

"Everyone get down on the floor or she dies!"

The two men outside came in with their guns and helped with the threats. The civilians screamed and laid and the floor like they were told. One of the tellers managed to press the emergency button and caused the alarm to ring.

Shit! This isn't going according to plan.

Apo turned and looked at the still paralysed teller disappear behind a mechanical steel barrier that slid up in front of the counter to the ceiling. This wasn't good.

Guess it's time to improvise.

Apo turned to look at the civilians and shouted at them to hand him the money they have on them. They did what they had to do while the other two men kept a watchful eye on everyone. People cried for fear of death.

After that they all ran out of the building and headed straight for an alleyway, but they had to split up along the way when a police car came zooming to them. Gunshots were heard everywhere; people screamed; shots whizz passed and hit their targets. The police car's windshield shattered to millions of pieces from one of the shots.

Apo ran and ran; hearing shots skimming pass objects it hits. He reached the alleyway and hid inside for safety. Pockets loaded with reasonable amounts of money: even cheques were evident. The plan luckily wasn't fully abandoned due to his quick thinking. Apo kept running until he saw something odd in front of him.

Apo thought he was hallucinating; bleary-eyed, he looked at the transparent thing in front of him. His puffs slowed as his heart continued to race and even more so if possible.

The thing in front of him was a teenaged girl. She was walking while looking down; not realising Apo was there at all. The girl was see-through and became blurred at times, like static on a television. She walked through him without any problem. Apo thought he was going crazy; seeing ghosts wasn't a good sign to him.

A cold hoarse voice was heard:
Relativity, interesting concept isn't it? The words echoed in his head.
"who's there?" Apo had said to no one except for the girl behind him.

"There he is, get him!" The two police officers came chasing after him with there guns at the ready.

Apo looked at the police officers running to him. Somehow, Apo couldn't care less; his mind has gone haywire.
The officers don't realise the girl walking towards them. As he looked through her, the officers began to slow to a halt. They froze on mid-stride to the criminal.

The voice spoke again. Time travel, now that is another interesting concept which many would desire to wield.

Who are you?
Apo replied in his head.

No need to fear...

The teenaged girl started to gradually turn opaque...

It's happening! A male voice somewhere shouted. Rene spun around to look for the voice but saw no one.

"What's wrong?" Sarah asked Rene, it seemed as though she hadn't heard it.

"Can't you hear that?" Rene asked straining his ears to pick up the voice again.

"Hear what?" Sarah asked worried.

Can't you control it! Another voice shouted, this time female.

"That!" Rene said trying to point out the voice.

"Rene , are you hearing things?" Sarah said giggling.

No good! Get outta here! THe male voice shouted.

"I guess I am... C'mon let's go find James." Rene smiled at Sarah though in the back of his mind he knew something was happening, somewhere, sometime.

~~~~~~~

A few hours has passed, they had met up with James at Piccadily station and decided to head to the food court, they passed the huge screen that would be playing the Rangers UEFA Cup final tonight.

"Bet you any money something will happen tonight." james smiled at Rene, his short black hair lie flat as usual against his dark skin.

"Nah you know you'll win. Something always happens when the Rangers are in town." Rene joked. James gave him a jokey death glare, he was part scottish after all.

"Do you two ever shut up about football?" Sarah moaned as she squeezed James hand making him yelp in pain.

"Well we might now seeing that you've just killed James' hand." Rene smiled.

"Do you two ever shut up about football?" Sarah moaned as she squeezed James hand making him yelp in pain.

"Didn't you just say that Ser?" Rene asked confused, everything about what Sarah had just done seemed as though it had happened again.

"Nope, first time." Sarah told him shaking her head

"Will you let go of my hand! You're gonna kill me!" James yelped in pain.

It is almost time...

"What the...?" Rene whispered to himself.

The end will come... Are you ready.... Rene Skylar?

~~~~~~~~~

The night had come, everything that voice had said sounded strangely familiar but he couldn't place it. Sarah and James had pissed off somewhere, worried that they'd get beaten up by dodgy ranger fans.

Rene couldn't be arsed going back to the orphanage so he decided he'd go and watch the football match at Piccadily.

Bad mistake.

Some dickhead had decided to break one of the screens and now it couldn't be repaired. Not only that the same group of dickheads were now harrassing the repairmen by punching and smashing things against the van they were hiding in.

Someone had pushed Rene into a table and he had a large shard of glass sticking into his arm. He pulled it out gingerly and gasped in pain as he threw it to the ground. All hell was now breaking loose, Rangers fans were beating the hell out of everyone around them. Several riot police were being chased. Rene gasped as one of the riot policemen fell and was instantly covered in angry fans being beaten to a pulp. Rene instantly spring into action. He spun around and jumped into the nearest alleyway. he legged it down and stopped to gain his breath. Before he even had the chance someone lifted him up and pinned him towards the wall. He opened his eyes and saw three large thugs wearing Rangers shirt. One of them had a knife, they were all obviously drunk.

"Where do yer think yer goin'?" The man holding Rene up slurred.

"Home, where do you think dickhead?" Rene snapped at him, the scotsman drove his fist deep into Renes stomach. Rene gasped, okay, maybe antagonizing the man holding him up against a wall wasn't exactly a good idea.

"Beat him up and let's go!" The man without a knife said, he had a strong accent and it sounded like something completely else to what Rene heard.

"Aye aye, I will. I was just hoping maybe one of these mancunian dicks might be a little tough."

"If you want I can show you tough!" Rene said as he spat in the mans face. He kicked him in the stomach and fell to the floor as the man stumbled backwards. The man with a knife charged forward and Rene stuck his hand out in self defence.

Something happened. A large explosion sounded and the man was lifted away, he slammed into a wall and Rene fell to the ground exhausted.

The two remaining men saw their unconcious comrade and decided to leg it. Rene heard sirens and decided that he didn't exactly want a reception with the cops tonight. He took one last look at the man and decided to kick him in the sides with the little energy he had.

"Dunno what the hell happened there but thank god it happened." Rene whispered to himself as he legged it back to the orphanage.

Tioce was annoyed. She was starting to hate her foster parents even though she just got them. She hatched a quick plan to get rid of them immediately.
She go to the car that she is being led to, wait for the foster parents to get in the car, go sneak out of the car, and run. It was a good plan to Tioce.
The foster parents reached their car, and went inside without trouble. Tioce waited desperately for her chance to run.
As soon as the car doors closed, Tioce just burst into running towards the woods that was behind the Manhattan Hospital.
Fortnately for Tioce, the foster parents did not notice Tioce running away. They neither knew nor care.
Tioce ran until she was out of breath. She looked at the dirt ground. She panted, catching her breath. Then she looked up. She was facing the woods, The Endless Woods, the locals called it.
Tioce took one more breath until she entered the Woods.

" who are you?" , "Who's there?", " the five are coming."

Sanguine sat up in his throne with a start and slashed at the air with his gauntlet, his eyes a dull red. He got up and ran to the top of the palace. The balcony looked over endless wasteland covered by blood red sky. Lighting struck everywhere in the distance keeping far away from the village below. Large beasts and small beasts bowed before their emporer as a black strak leapt from the top of the castle without hesitation and cracked the ground he fell upon. He was awake now, his eyes a full red. He broke into a sprint grabbing a tiny goblin like creature by the head and continuing on with him, He was heading for the seal. Sanguine stopped, used the momentum he had and chucked the little beast at a giant glowing insignia that floated in mid air.

"whoaaaa-BZZZZZT!"

The goblin hit the seal and burned to a crisp.

"FORTUNA!"
"FORTUNA!, NOW!..."
"oh great he's awake."
"little bastard, I CAN READ YOUR MIND, I DARE YOU TO SAY SOMETHING ELSE!"

A black cloud of smoke wrapped around Sanguine and began to materialize. Fortuna was a giant black snake.

"what is it, my liege?..."

Fortunas eyes widened
"...oh my,there's food isn't there?! where is it?!"
" shut up, there hasn't been food in 300 years, eat one of them"
He pointed to the group of goblins where he had picked up the unfortunate soul who volunteered to test the seal. Fortuna struck at one and began swallowing him whole.

"Listen, the seal is weakening-"

"how do you know?"

"I can see them, the inhabitants of the old world. I dream of them at night, but it is not a dream, i am really there, but only part of me. The ones i see there can probably see what i see when they dream as well. ...The five, Fortuna... I know what they are."

"how long until we can break it?"

"Three days, spread the word"

Fortuna began to cackle and hiss as he melted into smoke and took to the air.

"With Pleasure."

Tioce did not panic when she entered the Woods. She was brave, but scared in the inside as well. A breeze of cold wind swept through the air, blowing through Tioce's hair. Tioce adjusted her silky hair back in place before she ventured into the Woods.
Tioce felt like she was being watched. By a stalker, maybe her present killer. She can sense it. A second breeze of wind, much stronger than the first one, pushed Tioce to the side. She slammed into a tree by her shoulder. She closed her eyes in pain, and then opened them. She rubbed her pained shoulder and went back on the leafy trail.
Tioce wondered if her foster parents even cared if she was not there in their car. They probably just fostered her for money. Tioce neither knew nor cared what they were thinking and doing.
Tioce sighed. She really wanted her parents back alive. She really wanted company again. She wants her family back, her home back, mostly the love she had been given. She cherished the love in her heart, forever staying there.
Tioce kept walking on the leaf trail, her converse crunching onto the crackling leaves. She still felt like being watched. Then one last gust of wind, strong like a hurricane, pushed Tioce to the ground hard. She couldn't get up. Her mind was racing through thoughts of a man with blood-coloured eyes...a hissing, giant snake beside him...and a deep voice saying...

The rift is coming.

The sirens coming up from behind them were what first alerted Jack and his father to the fact that the police had been watching them, and now knew of their -attempted- escape.
"Shit," his father called as they legged it down a small side-street, "wish I knew my way around London..."
"Left here!" Jack yelled suddenly, for a thought had come, unbidden, to him and he knew for some reason that he had to do it, "Go Left... NOW!"
Jack and his dad made a sharp left, dodging just in front of a Police Car coming up from behind them.

As they continued running, his father grimaced and sighed as they neared the end of the alleyway.
"This bag is suitcase is slowing me down," he gasped as they rounded a bend and saw, to their dismay, a duo of police cars coming up behind them, "I need to drop it."
Jack nodded slightly and shook his head to clear it. His brain felt like it was pounding in his skull and, what scared him slightly and made him confused, it felt almost like there was someone else inside his skull.
"S-s-sure Dad," he said disjointedly as they ran, "but-"
He cut off and slowed for a brief second as his dad dropped the suitcase. He felt like his own consciousness had been shunted aside and that someone else, no, something else was now in control of him.

As the police cars neared them, Jack felt his mouth being forced into a slight grin.
"But," the voice that was his, yet not his, said, "you're slowing me down, so..."
Inside, Jack gasped as he felt his arms snake out and push his dad in the shoulder. Caught off balance, and running at such a fast speed, made his dad gasp and trip on a paving stone, as what he thought was his son tripped him and legged it away. Jack didn't see what happened to his dad after that, for his head was turned away then, but he heard it.
The police cars had been so close behind them that, when 'Jack' had pushed his dad and he had fallen, they hadn't had time to slow down and so Jack's dad was hit at full pelt. The crunch of the body hitting the car, and the momentary scream of pain would haunt Jack, the actual Jack, for the rest of his life.

The cars slowed and stopped to see the damage done, and 'Jack' ran as fast as he could away, crying on the inside the whole time.

"Bloody hell, you shoulda seen me dad! You think that's bad you should see him!" Joel Smith exclaimed as Rene filled him in on part of his adventures the previous night.

Rene attended Longdendale Community Language College along with Sarah, Lois, James and the rest of the "crew". He still hadn't told anyone about his little encounter with the three scottish bastards who tried to beat him up.

They got what they deserved, Rene thought to himself. He rubbed the lower part of his back, the place where a shard of glass had made a deep cut. When he got back to the orphanage to look at the damage. It had gone, no mark was there at all.

"Re-?"

What the hell is going on with me? Rene thought to himself.

"Earth to-"

Rene raised his hand and glanced at it. Somehow he had knocked that thug clean of the ground into a wall. Some sort of explosion or something.

"OI DICKHEAD! WAKE UP!" Sarah shouted at him. Rene's head shot up as the entire class went "Oooh"

"Sarah, how many times have I told you not to swear in school?" Mr. Webster, Rene's form tutor complained, he was a tall P.E teacher with amazingly ginger hair.

"Sorry, sorry. Anyways" She lowered her voice so only Rene could hear. "What happened to you yesterday? I came to pick you up this morning and your receptionist said that when you turned up you were in pain and smelt like you'd been smokin. You haven't started again have you?"

"Course not! I quit that months back!" Rne had once been a smoker" Some blokes down at Urbis were smoking loads and it sorta clung onto me clothing" Rene lied to her. He had guessed that some sort of flame had erupted from his hand and striked his assailant.

Evans said something about this... But what! Rene thought, he had stayed up all night trying to figure out who the bloke he was thinking about was. He eventually found out when he found Evans book. Ancient Powers? Magic? Man this is some serious shit.

Maybe Evans wasn't just some crack addicted wierdo?

The Rift Is opening... Are you ready? Son of the Sky?

Monday came around quicker than Dawn had expected. Oh, bleeding joy, she thought, as she walked through the doors of school and made her way to her form room. Her form teacher started talking about how exams were going to become a vital part of deciding their future. But Dawn knew what she was going to do with herself. Her future was in sports. Not only did she play netball, but she also played hockey, football and basketball. Dawn even did some athletics like running and long jump. She was a really fit and healthy girl. Two hours later, she was tapping her pencil, as her Spanish teacher started mumbling in Spanish. Dawn could only about understand him because she hadn't slept much since hearing that strange voice.

And then something DID happen. There was a loud BANG on the roof and a few girls screamed with Dawn not being one of them. Everyone rose to their feet, including the teacher, and hurried outside. Then something else happened. A few men in black coats and Halloween masks appeared grabbing hold of a shocked Dawn and bundled her into the back of a car. Many people screamed out her name, even the Spanish teacher ran as far as to try stopping the car. But the men drove off and Dawn felt herself being gagged. She couldn't see and she couldn't speak. However, she could hear everything that was being said. These men, whoever they were, certainly had something sinister on their minds. Whatever it was, it didn't sound too good at all ...

Rene looked at his hands as he quietly stepped into the steaming shower. He had eventually decided to skip school, and seeing the fact that if he went back to the orphanage he would most likely be forced to go back to school. So instead he decided to go to Sarah's. He knew she wouldn't mind, hell she gave him a key for christ sakes. Her parents were cool too, a bit weird but cool.

As the hot water poured onto his head he could only sigh in relief that now he could just chill out and try to figure out his head. After about 10 minute in the shower he energetically jumped out and dried himself with a fluffy pink towel. He put on some clean clothes he had in his bag and sat down to watch some telly.

"Approximately 10 minutes ago Ms. Dawn Turner" A picture of a beautiful teenage girl appeared on the screen" was taken by 2 hostile men in a motor vehicle, no statements have been given by either the police or Ms. Turners parents at this time." Rene turned the TV off, now was not the time for news about things that had nothing to do with him. He closed his eyes.

SMACK! Rene fell to the ground bleeding slightly from his mouth. He rolled forward as someone behind him went to grab his hair. He quickly stood and gave a strong roundhouse kick to what he assumed would be whoever his assailant was's abdomen, a strike that would usually knock out a fully grown man. His kicked was met with a powerful hand and he was lifted from the ground. Rene's hand smacked against the ground and he gasped as he felt a 22. caliber rifle lodged into his stomach. Rene opened his eyes and groaned as he saw a powerfully built man wearing a ski mask.

"Stand up!" The man ordered.

"Who the fuck are you?" Rene demanded. The answer was simple top the man, it was the butt of a rifle. Rene fell backwards as he was struck and a new trickle of blood left his mouth.

"Questions not you're strong point?" Rene asked mockingly. This time he was hit even harder. Rene fell backwards, it was as though everything was in slow-motion. He was unconscious before he even hit the ground.

Jack was still on the run.
The police, it seemed, has stopped actively chasing him, but wherever he turned there seemed to be one on every corner.
"What's with the inordinate amount of police," he wondered aloud, passing not too far from the school where the commotion was happening but ignoring the screams and shouts from the crowd, "its almost like they're following me though, they pop up in the strangest of places..."
Looking around, an idea came to him and he made sure there was no-one watching him (they were all watching the kidnapping) and he ducked into the bushes opposite the school.
Sitting down, he closed his eyes and reached into his backpack and drew out a book. The book he had chosen was one of Professor Evans', the one his father had given him before they had left for England, and he opened the cover and, after checking the index, flicked to a chapter entitled "The Manifestations of Evil"
Sitting with his back to a tree he began to read, totally enraptured in his book. He did not notice the man creeping up behind him, and he only registered a brief moment of shock, and annoyance at having dropping his book, when he was hit on the back of the head and fell down, unconscious.

OCC : This one's pretty long. :monster:

Tioce was again surrounded by darkness. This time, when she woke up, she found herself tied up in a chair in the middle of a dark gray room. A small dim lightbulb was dangling from the ceiling. The walls were dark gray except for pictures of young teenagers. One picture showed a beautiful girl with lustrous light brown hair and bright blue eyes. Below her was a piece of scotch tape stuck on the wall labeled "Dawn Turner".
Another picture showed a young man with blondish-brown hair. He had light brown eyes. Below him was another scotched tape stuck up labeled "Jack Hisagi".
Tioce kept on looking at the pictures of young kids and adults. One was labeled "Rene Skylar." Why did they look so familiar? Why were they posted up on the wall?
And why is Tioce in this blank room, nothing to do but stare at the pictures in familiarity. She looked in awe, asking herself many questions that were so difficult to answer.
All of sudden, the floor started to sink. What was happening? Tioce panicked. If she was going to die, she would be wiling to do so. But she needed to survive this situation. The floor was not melting, just tramsforming lower to the ground. The walls were soon dark brown, with a disgusting scent coming from them.
The floor stopped, or so Tioce called it an elevator, and the wall in front of Tioce transformed. It opened into a door, showing a bright, white room, even brighter than the hospital room that Tioce was in for about what seems years ago. Two men in black came toward her. They looked both identical -- Black hoods covering their identity, and a black robe covering their body.
The first man took out an odd looking knife and sliced the rope that had Tioce tied up. The other man took Tioce by the arm and shoved her to the bright hallway.
The two men took Tioce to another room where three men in white robes held a odd touch computer that was shaped like a clipboard. One of them looked up. He adjusted his glasses, his eyes peering at Tioce. He then ordered the two men to leave.
The two men left, leaving Tioce in the middle of the room. She waited until the same man looked up, who asked, "Give us something that gets you mad, or as if you teenagers say, "pissed off."
Tioce thought. Annoying gay men pissed her off, so she suggested that. The man typed into his clipboard, and automatically a hologram beside Tioce appeared.
It was a man, probably shemale. He looked gay, just as Tioce presumed. He started to annoy Tioce with pushes and whinings. Tioce got so mad, she didn't realized what she just did. A ball of white light appeared in Tioce's hand, and she threw it in anger at the gay man.
The gay man immediately disappeared, much to Tioce's relief. But she didn't realized she just threw a ball of light at a hologram.
The men in white robes murmured to each other, and then one man typed into his clipboard. Tioce was immediately knocked out, dragged to another room, with no one there but a stray little cat.

There was just an hour left before Ray was to give his presentation. The image of his parents photo was still in his head. Why did they hide that last Lecture by Evans? Did they die because of what they did with it?
Ray knew now that they had in fact been friends with Professor Evans. That book showed them and Evans with many other people, like they were some kind of secret society.
Ray just had to watch the lecture, so he decided to call back home.
No one picked up the phon at the Sander estate. Donavon must have been out, or even still asleep, so he left a quick message.
"Donavon. I need you to find something for me. a video my parents got a long time ago not long before they died. It's one with Professor Evans in it. Please find it for me."
Thirty minutes left until his own lecture. Ray head out toward the Hall the University had set aside for him. The trip was not long. The suite he was staying at was only a two minute drive away.
Fifteen minutes left until his time to go up to the podium. He stood outside of the hall waiting. Everyonec in a while he would look in. To his surprise more an more people were coming in and taking there seats. Many were students, probably recieving some extra points for coming to this. Some were teachers, probably curious about what he had to say. The rest he recognized as those that went to the university when he did. other "deciples" of Evans.
It was now time. The Dean of Science walked out to the front of the room and introduced Ray.
Ray stepped into the large room. It was like a small theatre the way it was set up. the lights were dimmed and a spot light shown on him. behind him was the projector screen on wich he could show his examples.
"I thank you all for coming," he said into his mic. "I am here, today to talk about one of the most important Ideas that was presented to us all by the late Professor Evans. I am here to tell you about the advance technology we as a human race are ready for..."
Ray continued his lecture for more than an hour. When it was over there was no applause, just silnce as people began to get up to leave the room. Some of them stunned at the possibilities, while others just didn't care. It was to be expected.
But one thing did surprise him. Two men walked up to him. One he recognized as a classmate a few years back.
"Professor Sanders-"
"Oh I'm not a professor, so just call me Ray. How can I help you?"
"We would like you to come with us for a couple hours. I believe we have something you'll want to see."

Jack woke up in a groggy haze, and to a whirring sound, almost like that of helicopter blades, but not as violent or as loud.
"Whe-" he tried to speak but for some reason his throat felt numb, loose, almost not like his throat, but like he had someone else's throat attached to his body.
"We would like to speak with you." A tall man in a black robe -Jack couldn't see his face because it was covered with a hood- said shortly in a deep gravelly tone.
"Yo-" again, Jack tried and failed to speak, but then he felt it. Deep inside of him, something that was both him, yet not him started to rise up.
As it rose, Jack began to struggle in earnest, fighting against whatever drugs they had given him and, he noticed to some surprise- the ropes they had tied him down with.

Then, when he cold fight no more, the 'Other Jack' came out and spoke.

"Who the hell are you," it said in a disgusted tone of voice, "and what do you want with my this one?"
"It is you that we wish to speak to," the other man said in a light tone, almost an offset to the first man's voice, "for we wish to know the full extent of your powers."
"Protection from you thugs and whatever drug you gave the boy thats for sure," the other one said dryly, "but, if you really want to know, how about we-" he strained for a moment, the felt his eyebrows rise.
"But, how-"
"We have sealed all extra-phenomenal powers in this room," one of the men said, "so whatever skills you may posess will not work to help you escape now. We are in control, and you leave when we say so."
The other Jack grunted and sighed.
"Whatever," it said in a bored tone, "I'll play ball. But not today. Tomorrow."
"You," the first man said, with what sounded like a hint of a smile in his voice, "are not calling the shots. We are. You play now."
And a shock of electricity ran through the chair that Jack was tied too, eliciting a conjoined scream from both Jack and his other side. Jack knew now, that when the 'Other Jack' felt pain, he would too. But the only thing they could do, was to bear it and fight it.
'Eventually the men will make a mistake,' the other one thought to him, 'and when they do, that is when we strike! You must trust me if we are to succeed however. And the first step of trust, is knowing the others name.'
The connection of thought broke for a moment as a new wave of pain ran through them, then was briefly reconnected just before the pain became to intense for thought.
'My name,' the other said, 'is Jin, and I am here to help you become strong.'

For miles it stretched, vast and flowing like a black ocean, Sanguines Army was collecting.

"Everything is ready."
A long snake like cloud of smoke wrapped around the throne where the dark emporer sat.

"Good, have them storm the gate, soon we will be at our enemies front door."

The snake materialized and bellowed out to the crowd.

"ATTACK!"

Large hulking beasts chained to the top of each tower surrounding the castle began to beat drums. In unison at first, and then each into their own beat, but still as one. The floating seal began to strobe bright lights as every individual in the black mass began to strike it. For one hour they persisted and the seal grew weaker, but not weak enough. Sanguine stood up and took a spear from a nearby guard. It began to glow red as he gripped it tighter and tighter in his hand. He cocked his arm back ran foreward for a couple of steps and launched the blood red spear at the seal. The destination was miles away but it stayed true to its mark. at first nothing happened, the roaring of monsters could not be heard, the gate had swallowed sound first. There was a loud Boom as though the whole of the land had been dropped on a hard surface. The point of the spear began to glimmer and soon the light grew brighter than the black sun. Th light encompassed all and flooded every pore that was previously in sight. the black snake melted away into smoke as the light came, Sanguine sheilded his eyes and tried to fend off it off but the light overtook him as well...

I have to get out of here, thought Dawn. She glanced around the cold room she was sat in and wrapped her jacket around her body to keep warm. Somehow, I have to get out of here alive. It turned out that the men had been rounding up teenagers of her age. Ha, it was no wonder that she found many disappearances on the TV so mysterious and intriguing. Why did they want her? One man in the car had said that they would hold her until her parents paid the appropiate money to get her back. Dawn gulped. Her parents were quite wealthy. She could only hope that they WOULD pay the money and get her back safely. But at this rate, that seemed impossible. It seemed that the longer she was here, the less faith she had.

Then that same rift voice spoke to her in that language again. But Dawn still understood the voice. She still understood the language it spoke in. "It is happening soon," it hissed in the dark. "The Enlightened One will rise and become the master of the light." Dawn still felt confused by everything. She was an ordinary girl that wanted nothing more than a scholarship in one sport. There was nothing more that she wanted. She never made any enemies, she didn't piss anyone off. No, Dawn mostly kept to herself to herself. But now that these things were happening, it just seemed very strange. The wall next to her suddenly faded away, almost as if it was ghostly. She rose to her feet as if she was in a daze and walked away.

Back