Rift (RP)

Thud

"Oh c'mon! What are you? A pussy?" Rene shouted sarcastically at the small thug punching him in the stomach. He was hanging from the wall suspended by a thick piece of rope. His shirt had been stripped from him and his entire torso was bloodied and bruised.

"You got a smart mouth for someone tied up like a piece of meat." The thug said to him. He was around 5"1 with very little muscle. The door knocked loudly and a massive beast of a man walked in. He was around 6"8 and must have weighed a ton yet all of it was extremely toned.

"Leave." His voice was extremely deep and his evil brown eyes glared at the man. The thug jumped up and ran out of the room.

"Who the hell are you?" Rene demanded. The man glared at him before rolling up his sleaves, showing off his powerful muscles.

"Name's Rale. So Skylar. You need to give me an answer." The man named Rale told him.

"What's the question?" Rene said to him shaking his head. What the hell is this? He thought to himself

"You can either join us or... well die."

"I pick C." Rene shouted as he finally managed to cut his ropes with the piece of glass he had picked up whilst he was being dragged. He drove himself forward, pushing his shoulder deeply into the man's stomach, the blow surprised Rale as he fell back into the wall. Rene seized his chance and legged it out of the door. He ran down the corridor.

~~~~

Light. That was the only weay he could desribe what he saw. Blinding light. There was so many noises. Scream, cries and death. Yes, he could hear death.

You have a choice now, Son of the Sky. Save the girl or lose everything.

"S-Save who?" Rene asked the voice. It was a female's voice. It was calming but full of fear.

She is right in front of you child.

The light disappeared. Ahead of him was a young teenager, not much younger than him. He swerved to avoid her and eventually fell onto the floor.

The "mistake" as Jun called it came without any sense of time to Jack, and it seemed like he had been there for years when, in fact, it had only been a few hours.
It started innocently enough, his escape that is, when one of the men said something to the other about needing to "relieve himself" and walked to the door. A brief screen of light then flashed around him and he seemed to push himself through the door, which was, Jack noted, still closed.
For a moment, everything was normal, until Jack felt a deep-seated energy inside him suddenly flash to life.

"Now!" Jun had cried, and a terrific burst of light flashed out of Jack's eyes, hitting the startled man straight in the chest, making him crumple to the ground without a sound.
Standing finally, as the downfall of the man had also brought down a small rope, one that had been connecting Jack to the chair via (what he thought was) an electric field.

The ropes around him flashed and they too fell to the ground, not seeming to make a sound at all as they hit. Jack didn't notice however, what he did notice was that a) his muscles were working once more, b) he was sore all over and c) he seemed to be slightly different.

The 'normal' Jack was medium height with brown hair and green eyes, but, catching sight of himself in a mirror, he was taller, had dark spiky hair and his eyes were a black-red mix. Not just the iris either, but the whole eye.
Shuddering at whatever change had come over him, Jack walked to the door and tried to push through it. He failed.
He tried again, ramming against it with his (for some reason) stronger shoulders. Again, he failed.

Finally, he heard a sigh in his head and a voice came to him.
"Simpleton," Jun muttered, "just blast it aside!"
Of course, Jack wondered, it all seemed so simple now, and he raised a hand and spoke a word in a language that seemed to shrink the light around him, sending an increase in the shadows that emanated softly in the corners of the well-lit room. The blast that flew from his hand hit the wall and was almost half-absorbed into it, before a great chunk of the wall flew out, catching the returning torturer head on and flooring him, his head bleeding profusely.

"Guess it couldn't be helped." Jun said with a wicked little laugh, and Jack and Jun began to run down a corridor. As he ran, Jack marvelled at the power inside him and he realised that right now, he could do nearly anything. Wondering at this, he didn't hear that deep down, a tiny voice that was Jun was laughing softly and crooning to himself.
"You will be mine, Jack Hisagi," the voice that was Jun said, its influence over the boy growing, "you will be mine and we will do great things together!"
Jun broke off into a howl of laughter, but buried so far deep into Jack's mind that Jack could not hear it. Jack was instead concentrating on his own emerging powers.

And Jun laughed, and Jack marvelled, and more and more Jun's influence over the once kind and true boy grew, turning him darker by the second.

Much deeper inside of himself, a much smaller, much feebler voice wept and screamed to the real Jack to banish this great darkness that had stained itself upon Jack's heart. But this voice, buried beneath the being that called itself Jun, was even less likely to be heard and was ignored. The real, inner Jack was not so easily put off though, and began to push around, trying to find a way out of its dark, evil prison.

Ray at silently in the back seat of the car. The men had told him that they could not just tell him what they they were doing, but that he had to see for himself. As he looked outside, he began to notice that the car was moving around as if the driver had gotten lost. then one of the men pulled a black cloth from his pocket.
" Could you please put this on. What we do and where we do it is very secretive, and our superiors will not allow anyone with a guest to come near unless the guest has no idea where he or she is."
Ray nodded to him and took the blindfold. He tried to put it on so that he could still see some of his surroundings, but being in the car, he could not make anything out from the tiny crack he left just under his eyes.
After about twenty minutes, the car came to a stop and the engine was turned off. He could feel someones hand grab his arm and lead him out of the car. The ground under him was dirt. He was taken about thirty feet before he was stopped again. He heard the sound of someone swiping a securty card, and then of a door sliding open.
The moment the door closed behind him, one of the men spoke. "You may take off the blindfold now."
Ray reached up and let the blindfold fall from his face. This was not exactly what he expected. All the security protocols for a building with concrete walls. He was sort of hoping for someplce with steel walls and computer screens everywhere you looked.
One of the men with him gave him a smile. "Don't worry Ray. It may not seem like much right now, but I garruntee we have things that will impress you."
Ray followed the men down the halls into a large room. This room was more of what he had pictured. Computers were every corner. Television screens on every wall.
"Ray we would like you to see this one in particular."
Ray walked over to the screen at which he had been directed. On it was a young girl laying on the floor.
"What is this!?" Ray yelled at the man.
The man just smiled and said,"Watch and find out."
At that two men took her from the room. as they movied down the halls, the screen switched cameras to keep an eye on her. They brought her to a room with three scientists waiting inside and left. then to rays astonishment a hologram appeared right by the girl. There hadn't even been any stem or smoke in the room yet the hologram apeared.
Ray looked over to the man in suprise, but was told," keep watching the presentation isn't over."
He turned back to the screen. The girl was becoming irritated, and then it happened. A ball of what seemed to be pure light flew from her hand in the direction of the hologram.
It was magic. It had to be. Evans' theories were being proven one after the other. The next moment he looked at the screen it was blank.

Last edited:
Tioce groaned. She was lying on a hard, stone-cold floor. She remembered being thrown here after she did something unexpected.
Tioce remembered herself being pissed off at a annoying gay man. She went insane from annoyance and fired a ball of bright light at the gay man, which appeared to be a hologram. The hologram disappeared instantly as it had caught the ball of light thrown from Tioce's very own hands.
Tioce opened her eyes, and saw a furry black figure in front of her. She got up and rubbed her eyes. She saw that the furry figure was a stray kitten, seemingly approaching the adult cat's age. The kitten was pitch black; the only bright feature about it was its yellow eyes. Its pupils were as cat slits, common for a cat.
Tioce approached the kitten cautiously. The kitten did not seem to be disturbed, it just prowled around, circling around Tioce. Tioce knelt down, doing one of the oldest trick in the book : "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty, Tioce whispered, beckoning the kitten to herself. The kitten seemed to respond. It came to Tioce, and stopped in front of her.
Tioce picked the kitten up carefully in her arms. The kitten seemed to purr gently as Tioce cradled it in her arms. Tioce gazed at the kitten, who was purring continiously. As she looked onto the kitten's face, she saw a golden star in the middle of its forehead. Tioce's eyes widened, for she never saw this kind of thing before.
The kitten suddenly noticed Tioce's gaze and jumped out of Tioce's arms. The kitten's slit pupils gazed into Tioce's eyes. She opened her mouth, and a soft, female voice came out.
"My name is Aene, and I've been sent by Professor Evans to guide you withing your powers." The kitten was talking, and Tioce was wide-eyed, gaping in awe. "Heroes will stand at your side, some will betray for power," the kitten continued. "The reason you came here was to test your powers; the professors needed to find out if you did have an ancient elemental power inside you.
"After you sent that ball of light at the hologram, the professors knew you had a power." Aene walked to the front of the kneeling, wide-eye Tioce, and continued. "Your power, however unconvincing it may be, is the power of the heavens. You, my dear Tioce, daughter of Lena, hve the power of Holy."
Tioce just stared, but at length she said, "Why should I be chosen to be one of the few heroes who has an elemental power? What if I fail using this power, even though I can't believe this is my power?"
"You are worthy enough. You are the right for Holy, for you have faith in your decisions, and passion for your goals. That is the true concept for Holy, and yet it is rare for someone like you to gain the power of Holy." Aene sighed, and then said wearily. "Let us rest for a while. I predict that there will be more chosen ones thrown into this pit, and if that happened, more of my friends will be coming over to guide them. But if possible if they can trust their power, they can work with their power alone."
Tioce then went to the back wall and lied down, with Aene sleeping by her side. Tioce did not sleep. She wanted to wait. Wait for other chosen ones to come down. She sat up and looked up the door above her where she fell down after she threw the ball of light.
Tioce waited, promising herself that she will never sleep a wink until someone else falls down this pit.

OOC: First of all, I apologise for my absence. You know I've been busy with FFF Crisis and I've also had exams to attend to. I'm still doing exams until near the end of the month, so please bear with me if this keeps happening frequently. I had a bit of trouble wondering what kind of post to do, but I think I finally got the post. Again, sorry to keep you all waiting!

IC: Dawn saw a guy her age swerve right in front of her. She snapped out of her daze and immediately remembered she had managed to get out of that prison cell somehow. But whatever the reason was, she didn't care right now. There was someone else here ... she wasn't the only one, was she? She wasn't the only one to get kidnapped. "Are you all right?" she asked in a concerned voice. She helped him back on to his feet, although he wasn't saying much at the moment. Then came the sounds of footsteps in the far distance. People were coming after them whether they liked it or not. "Come on!" exclaimed Dawn, as she let go of him now that he could stand.

And so she ran with him. Her lip was cut from an accident before and it kept on bleeding, but she didn't care. Maybe it was from wriggling about too much in the back of the car and getting it hurt on something sharp? Dawn couldn't remember anyway. She carried on running, but then came to the end of a hill and there was only water below. It was a very long jump and what made it worse was that there was a waterfall, which led to the sea. "We're going to have to jump!" she said, terrified of this. "By the way ... if I don't get to see you again or if I do when we're both still alive, my name's Dawn Turner. What's yours?" She was doing her best to keep calm.

"NAME'S RENE! NOW HOLD ON!" Rene shouted as he ran past Dawn, as he did though he grabbed her and held her safely and jumped off the cliff. He tucked his legs in smashed into the river. When he was under the water he heard bullets swish past him. He opened his eyes and looked around blurily for a good hiding spot. He looked to behind the waterfall and saw a small cavern. He held onto the girls hand and swam underwater to the cavern.

"So Ray, are you in?"
Ray looked at the man, his face still showing shock. But as surprised as he was he was still unsure if he should join them. He had been used to doing everything on his own. And if they had done so much on their own so far why would they even need him? What could he possibly know that they hadn't already figured out?
"I still haven't decided. I need to see more before I say yes or no."
"Very well, come with me."
Ray followed the man out of the room. They walked for several minutes. The hallway was long, with very few doors. They finally stopped at one of the doors. When it was opened Ray could see that inside there was what looked like a workshop. It was set up much like his own.
"This is where you'll be spending your time if you say yes. You'll have access to any supplies that you will need on your projects."
So this is why he was tapped. they had the magic down, but Ray was the only one capable of creating things that some believe to exist in only science fiction.
"I want to talk to that girl I saw on the monitor earlier."
"Well you'll have to wait on that. She is resting at the moment. Using magic like she does can drain a person you know."
"Very well. I'll stay a little longer, but this doesn't mean I say yes."
"Of course. Your room is down the hall. The next door on you right." The man began to walk away, but stopped after a few steps. "And Ray, if you feel like working on anything while you're here, the door to the workshop is open."
A couple moments later the man was out of site. Ray felt uncomfortable at the man's response to his request of seeing he girl. He immediately walked into the workshop. The plans of his space bending device still fresh in his head. He may not have the original, but that doesn't mean he couldn't make a new on, especially now that he had extra supplies at is disposal.

A few hours past after beginning his project, and he had finished. It was different, because he couldn't remember the exact blueprints, but he was sure it would work. Now it was time to see the girl, and with the device, the only thing that could get in his way is a ten foot thick wall.

Dawn was slightly taken aback by his shouting, but knew that there wasn't anytime to dwell on that right now. He had grabbed her hand and now they were jumping down the waterfall splashing into the water, so that they couldn't follow them. She heard the bullets being shot and panicked instantly. But she followed Rene considering she had no choice and he still had a hold of her hand. Dawn had no problem swimming underwater because she was athletic. She carried on swimming until they reached the surface. She coughed a little because she didn't have much time to hold her breath when they jumped down the waterfall.

"Looks like ... we'll be ... ok for now," she managed to say through breathing. She swam towards the side and then jumped out of the water. Her clothes were wet now, but that was the least of her worries right now. She had no idea where they were, but knew that they were in an underwater cavern or whatever the hell people liked to call it. Dawn went to help Rene out of the water by hoisting him out. She managed to breathe again and lay back on the cold stone ground. "I am never getting into that kind of situation again," she said loudly, so that he could hear. Then she laughed softly and looked at him. "It's nice to meet you, Rene. Didn't really get a chance to say it, did I? Now what do you think we should do?"

As Rene was helped out of the water by Dawn he actually looked at her properly. She looked very athletic and very pretty.

"I am never getting into that kind of situation again," Dawn said either to herself or him before laughing slightly.

"Ya know, I don't think you actually get a choice on whether or not you're kidnapped by crazy hell bent freaks." Rene said to her sarcastically, but he grinned to show he was kidding.

"It's nice to meet you, Rene. Didn't really get a chance to say it, did I? Now what do you think we should do?" Dawn said to him.

"I guess you didn't, nice ta meet cha. Hm... You sound Mancunian. You from there?" He looked around the cavern and saw that it lead even furthur in. "Concerning you're other question. I guess we follow the yellow brick road." He put his hand in his pocket and thanked god the water didn't break it and that the thugs didn't empty his pockets and take it, he took out his pocket torch and turned it on. "Looks like it goes on for a while... Just gotta hope that this light holds out."

Dawn shrugged at what he said. "Good point," was all she could say, as she continued to glance around the cavern they had come to. "Yeah, I'm from Manchester. I've lived around there all my life." She then saw him take out his pocket torch and turn it on. She was impressed, at least they wouldn't be in the dark for much longer. Well, not that it wasn't completely dark, anyway. They walked through the cavern. As they went along, Dawn looked at the walls noticing there were some strange symbols on them. Now she was a bit into her history, but had never seen anything like this in her life before. "The light should hold out. This path shouldn't take forever."

And she was right because the path went downwards towards a huge rocky room. It was enormous, although it could have been bigger because they couldn't view it all considering the limited amount of light that they had. "I guess we could rest here for now," she said, as she spat out some water and coughed a little. "I didn't really get a chance to hold my breath when I thought I was going to jump to my death ..." At this point, Dawn was being very sarcastic. But at the same time, she was afraid that they'd never be able to get home. She longed to go home and see her parents. It had been on the news that she had gone missing, but where on earth were they?

"Heh, nice to meet another Mancunian." Rene said smiling. He too was looking at the symbols, he had never seen them before but at the same time he had a strange feeling that he had. As they left the cavern and stepped into the huge room Rene whistled loudly.

"Lord Of The Rings or what huh?" Rene said jokingly.

"I didn't really get a chance to hold my breath when I thought I was going to jump to my death ..." Dawn said sarcastically as she sat down.

"Heh, sorry 'bout that. Wasn't exactly like I had time to fully explain everything." Rene looked around the huge room, even when he strained his eyes he couldn't see an exit anywhere.

"Damn, this place could go on for miles..." Rene said quietly to himself, making sure Dawn couldn't hear him. He didn't want to worry her furthur.

"You worried about your folks?" Rene asked her as he sat down next to her.

"Could be like Chronicles of Narnia or something else," shrugged Dawn and spoke sarcastically. She turned to him and smiled. "I guess you didn't have the time considering that there were those idiots trying to catch us. Not to forget the fact that they had guns!" That thought terrified Dawn, but it made her feel excited at the same time. "Yeah, I'm worried about them. I don't know how long it's been since I was taken ... it feels like days, but I guess it could just be hours." She shrugged her shoulders and sighed trying her best to keep warm. It was especially cold in here. Her clothes were still a little wet and she was shivering.

"It felt like ... an alien abduction," Dawn said quietly, feeling scared now that she brought up the kidnapping. "It didn't sink in until they put me in the back of the car tied up and drove off." She thought about the people in school. "I hope no one got hurt, I could've sworn I heard Mr Reeves running after the car. He might look like a mad Scotsman, but he's got legs like lightning." She wondered why she was talking to this stranger. Ok, so they were both Mancunians. They were both kidnapped by the same people. Was there anything else there to discuss? "So what's your story then, Rene?" Dawn asked him. "You didn't look scared when we were jumping to our death ..."

Rene chuckled. "Well let's just say I've been in worse situations than that. Gotta admit, the only thing that did freak me out was that they asked me to join 'em." He noticed that Dawn was shivering and took off the jacket he had nicked.

As he took it off he grimaced as he caught sight of the bruises and blood he had gained from being beaten by that thug. "Here take this, it'll keep you a little bit warmer." Rene said as he passed the jacket to Dawn Rene stood up and cracked his back to get some feeling back in it.

"Well to be honest, I don't really have a story. I just seem to get in a lot of scraps every now and then. Ya get used to it. I guess my friends and the orph... I guess they're worried about me." Rene said quickly. He didn't want to talk about the fact that he was living in an orphanage. "I guess we should start getting a move on. I'm guessing that those guys will probably come looking for us and it'll be obvious we came in here if they can't find us."

"I've never been in this kind of situation," grinned Dawn. "I always just kept my head down and got on with my life. Never thought something like this would ever happen to me, though." She smiled when he took off his jacket and gave it to her. "Thanks, but are you going to be ok? There are two of us, not just one, you know." She then heard Rene's short story and then thought of her own. "I'm just your normal somebody who wants nothing more than to get a good job and get through life, I suppose. I'm trying for a scholarship in netball, you know? It's agony the amount of training I bloody do ..." But she never thought that something like this would come around.

"Yeah, maybe we should push on for a bit," shrugged Dawn, as she rose to her feet again. "But I don't know if they know about this place. I mean, wouldn't you think people would know about the place? It looks like we found it by accident." What was inside, though? That was the question that she wanted to know. "Besides, I don't like the look of this. When we were jumping to our deaths, it was nearly the end of the day. The sun was going down. We're going to have find somewhere to stay safe and sleep until we can keep going tomorrow and find some light or an exit outta here." She would take the initiative, but she knew that having a plan would be essential here.

Hmm, Rene though to himself as he listened to Dawn's word, I wonder... "Hey, this place seems to be designed right? So maybe there are other rooms? Hopefully smaller... How about we scout around and see if we can find some supplies and maybe some firewood and flint? It looks like an underground shelter at least." Rene smiled at Dawn. "I guess you're right, we've been here for almost 20 minutes now, you'd think that they'd come in here by now." Rene chuckled before running towards the north. "Race ya!" he shouted childishly as he legged it forwards.

Tioce kicked the wall in anger. "I want out NOW!" she screamed, continiously kicking the gray wall. Aene, the little cat Tioce found a while ago, was still sleeping silently.
Lucky she's used to being locked up, Tioce thought with jealousy.
Tioce wandered around the cramped gray room. The door she came out from hours ago was locked up, looking secure. Maybe I can use my imagination to burst out of this door, she thought while examining it.
Tioce looked down on the floor, and focused on her mind and imagination. She imagined another person irratating her. Someone was walking down the street, harassing a young teen. The someone appeared to be a heavy punk on a motorcycle. Tioce kept imagining the scene until out of nowhere, she lost her mind and threw a ball of light the size of a soccer ball right onto the locked door.
The door burst into pieces, showing the first sign of white bright light. The whiteness came from a long hallway with very few doors. Two doors resided on the left, as only one existed on the right.
The door on the right was far from where Tioce was standing. To Tioce's distance to the door on the right, Tioce estimated that it would take 3 minutes to reach the door, according to her skills in Physics.
Tioce first went through the first door on the left. It was a small room, barely empty except for a small white bed and a brown desk. Tioce scanned for any movements around the room, but she sensed none.
Tioce later went to the next door on the left, the one after the first one. It contained a bunch of hi-tech devices Tioce could not identify. Ignoring her eagerness to examine the devices, Tioce left the room and continued to the door on the right.
The door on the right was not as long as Tioce had estimated to reach from. Tioce was only halfway to the door on the right until a wailing alarm sound abruptly started. Red lights out of nowhere flashed in the white hallway. In panic, Tioce ran as fast as she could to the door on the right, but suddenly she tripped right before the door. Tioce groaned, but she got up quickly and grabbed the handle of the door. She pushed herself off the floor and opened the door. Tioce quickly got in, slamming the door behind her. She panted, trying to catch her breath.
Tioce slid down the side of the door, still panting from the run. She looked up, and saw a table with devices scattered across a table. A young man, Tioce guessing him in his teen years, was sitting, examining a project.
Tioce just blankly stared.

"You could be right there, I'll take anything as the right answer right now," said Dawn jokingly, but perhaps seriously at the same time. She shook her head and sighed, as she watched Rene dart off to the north. "Race? God, you really know how to push me, all right ... then I can only say two words to that. It's ON!" Considering she was athletic, Dawn soon caught up to Rene laughing at the same time. She wondered how long he'd last out.

OOC: Short post, I know, but I don't have much to go by right now.

Just before he stood to go explore the facility, he heard the door open and close just behind him. Did they know what he was planning on doing? Have they come to stop him, or to et his answer? Either way he couldn't let them get a hold of his device. Before turning around, he quickly strapped the gadget to his wrist and his it under the sleeve of his coat. He took a deep breath then swiveled his seat around to face the newcomer.
His eyes opened wide at what he saw. It was her. The girl he had seen on the screen; the one that he had seen use magic. she looked as if she was hiding from something, but that did not worry him at the moment.The only thing on his mind right now was this was his chance to learn more about her, and what she could do.
"Hello there. My name is Ray Sanders. What's yours?"
He smiled down to her, offering his hand to help her to her feet.

"WHEN YA LIVE LIKE I DO!" Rene shouted as he legged it down the hall "YOU LEARN TO RUN FAST!!!" As he said this he gained a burst of speed and sped down the hall, as he reached what he estimated to be the middle of the hall, bright lights turned on all around them, the entire hall was now visible and Rene span round.

"What the hell?" He said to himself, to his far right there was an open door. "Ladies first?" Rene smiled at Dawn

"I learn to run fast because I'm very athletic," grinned Dawn. "I've been fit for most of my life." She then stopped when they were in the middle of a hall with the bright lights turned on all around them. The entire hall was now visible. Dawn saw Rene spin around. "The lady will go first." She walked to the door, opened it up and stepped through.

Back