Rift (RP)

"Um..." Tioce stammered. She looked at the hand she was offered by the smiling guy. Tioce took the hand and pulled to get up on her feet.
"Uh, thanks for the hand," Tioce mumbled. She didn't want to look at the guy. Ray Sanders, Tioce knew this guy. She saw his picture when she was tied up in the gray room.
Tioce was shy of this good-looking guy. His face was well built. His face is what gets an actor's job, Tioce thought as a joke. She nearly giggled from the thought, but she managed to hide it.
Tioce decided to introduce herself properly. "I'm Tioce," she said, looking at Ray. "I forgot my last name ever since I got here, for some reason." Tioce looked at Ray's eyes with thought. "I'm an orphan, and I don't remember my parent's death after I succumbed into a sleep in an alleyway.
"But I'm fine, you see. I escaped my foster parents after they adopted me, and I ran to a wood where it got nightmarish and I ended up he-------"
Tioce abruptly stopped, noticing the eyes of Ray. They looked amazed. Tioce knew wat he was thinking of, and she knew Ray saw her before.
"So," Tioce began. " I presume you've seen me before, by the look of your eyes." Tioce circled around Ray. "Where did you see me?"

"I was in a room just down the hall earlier. These people had you on one of there viewing screens for me. I watched what you did. It was magic. It had to be."
Ray's face was bright with excitement as he spoke. Just saying those words made him feel more alive. He placed his right hand the the girl's shoulder and stared her in the eyes.
"You are living proof of Professor Evans' theories. I was just about ready to go look for you, but it seems you have found your way to me."

Rene smiled as he walked through the door, as he walked through he gasp. Somehow they had ended up in Piccadily Station. The door behind them closed and Rene went to open it again. As he opened it, the room turned into a janitors room.

"Disgusting vile children..." A woman muttered at them as she pushed a pram.

"I'm gonna guess that people don't have the right idea..." Rene grinned at Dawn. "You gonna be okay gettin' home?"

Dawn was speechless to see that they were back in Piccadilly Gardens. "Um, yeah," she nodded. "I'll be fine ... wait a minute! Take my number just in case." She wrote it down with a pen she stole from the guy giving out papers and wrote it on Rene's hand. "Call me sometime, ok?"

Tioce felt uncomfortable when Ray put his hand on her shoulder. Tioce wasn't used to men. She felt even more uncomfortable when Ray stared at her in the eyes.
Tioce couldn't stop looking at his eyes, until she tore hers away and stared at the marble floor.
Why am I part of Evan's theory...or am I a whole of his theory? Tioce thought, looking back at Ray. She knew she had to go. She had to go for a reason, but she couldn't think of an excuse.
Suddenly Tioce remembered Aene, the black mystical kitten. She knew what to do. Tioce shoved Ray's hand off and said "I have to go get my..." Tioce stopped, but then continued. "I forgot to get my cat..."
Tioce ran for the door and opened it. She went throught and slammed the door behind her, running for the door at the end of the hall.
Tioce knew the cat thing was a stupid thing to use as an excuse.

"You bet, you'll probably see me around, if not, just follow the running police." Rene said giving Dawn a sly wink. He took the pen and wrote his own number on her hand before turning around and heading towards the exit, as he walked away he turned his head back and smiled at her. He saluted her cheekily before breaking into a jog and heading home.

As he enared his home he stopped and sat down on a bench, he looked over at Piccadily Gardens and grinned. The fountains shot up and Rene sprinted forward throwing himself into the fountains. The water shot up all around him, soaking him instantly, he laughed loudly and people began to laugh at him. He left the fountain and began to finally walk back to the orphanage. Just as he remembered he looked at his hand and memorised the number before the water faded the writing.

Back