Playstation Resident Evil 2 Remake

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
The Resident Evil 2 Remake Project Has Been Officially Approved

Capcom previously asked fans how they’d feel about a Resident Evil 2 remake, and it didn’t take long until they decided to officially announce the game. Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi shared a video message to announce the project.

Capcom’s Producer for the title, Yoshiaki Hirabyashi a.k.a. H, from R&D Division 1, commented: “It’s been great to see so many positive comments from fans that have pushed the project to get approved. The team here at Capcom Japan really appreciates fans’ passion and support and will do our best to bring fans what they really want.”

We’ll have more details on the Resident Evil 2 remake once more information becomes available.

https://youtu.be/ZcW6W-xVl-8

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/12/the-resident-evil-2-remake-project-has-been-officially-approved

Yea I was seriously hyped to see this happening this was the only other game I played (or owned) along side FF7 when I first got my PS, spent most of my summer holidays been scared witless by this game. I cannot wait to see some more from this!!

Yep yep, excellent news :ryan:. So long as they keep the classic style and go down the Resi Remake route, then I'll be happy.

They need to:

- Keep classic survival horror cameras (or close).
- Keep classic survival horror key item system (heart key for heart door etc)
- More horror features than the original. i.e. darker colours, slower pace, more exaggerated creepy sounds when something is close. Horror was something Resi 2 sacrificed for plot and just in general, to me.
- Added rooms with new puzzles.
- Added story (like resi remake added depth to George Trevor and added his family (especially Lisa)).
- Similar trophies to Resi REmake. All those challenging ones :).

I think that's about it. I'll be so happy if all of this happens. Essentially, I want them to take the same route they did with the Resi Remake and not look towards resi 6 for inspiration :monocle:.

Yep yep, excellent news :ryan:. So long as they keep the classic style and go down the Resi Remake route, then I'll be happy.

They need to:

- Keep classic survival horror cameras (or close).
- Keep classic survival horror key item system (heart key for heart door etc)
- More horror features than the original. i.e. darker colours, slower pace, more exaggerated creepy sounds when something is close. Horror was something Resi 2 sacrificed for plot and just in general, to me.
- Added rooms with new puzzles.
- Added story (like resi remake added depth to George Trevor and added his family (especially Lisa)).
- Similar trophies to Resi REmake. All those challenging ones :).

I think that's about it. I'll be so happy if all of this happens. Essentially, I want them to take the same route they did with the Resi Remake and not look towards resi 6 for inspiration :monocle:.

Every word of this!!! Damnit I need to get the remake and get my ass through it RE1 is the only one I have never actually finished :/

This is awesome!! Just like Sprout said they need to keep the core things that made the game amazing in the first place, as long as they don't screw that up I think they could pull themselves out of that black hole they have been slowly dragging themselves into with the last couple RE games. Not to say they weren't good, but they weren't up to par on what Capcom could accomplish with a game.

Dogtag%20mattbgamer.png

Personally I say Remake 2 and 3, Maybe Code Veronica then ignore everything after and reboot the series from there.

*arriving late*
This is fucking awesome news! Resident Evil was 1 of the 1st games I ever played as a kid and it's one of my favorite video game franchises of all time. Granted it's been quite along time since I last played a RE title. Code Veronica X was the last one I played and I loved it! I'm hyped for the remake of RE 2 though :)

I've been so excited for this and the Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster ;w;

I agree with the rest of ya'll hoping they won't change the core of the game... obviously an update to the wonky movements and such will have to be. But they don't need to make it anything like RE5//6. (While I found them fun games in their own right, they were not the survival||horror games i loved :c )

Even if they made the movements kinda like RE4, that would be fine... but I don't want to see zombies dissolving and dropping ammo and plants 8U It really takes away from the scary factor lol.

Problem with this now is I really want to see what they are doing, so I'm hoping something will be released shortly as we haven't had any knews since H said he had the greenlight from Capcom to do it.

Hopefully they will keep it along the lines of the RE 1 remake, though the whole game needs to be rebuilt so we will see soon enough I guess, E3 would be the latest I expect any real progress to begin filtering through to the fans.

This could either be really amazing, or blah. >_<

The game itself, personally, is still the best entry in the series. There are so many things right with it, so I'm hoping Capcom will remain faithful to an already amazing entry. Keep it fresh like it was then, but to date. If they do that, the nostalgia and enjoyment factors should be through the roof.

Don't mess up my Leon and Claire, Capcom. >_>

Since segments of my current RE2 do not work this would be an interesting buy for me, it would be nice to actually play through it and not have my screen freeze up on me.

One of my fave games of all time n The best entry in the RE series. Cannot wait for this remake.

Been a long while since we have heard anything about REmake2. I guess It's because 7 is right around the corner, but I couldn't care less about that. Hope it'll be like the first REmake.

The long wait has been over you guys! Capcom has recently released the first trailer and a gameplay demo at Sony E'3 2018 Conference. Here are the videos of the Resident Evil 2 Remake. Enjoy!

Update:

"Digital pre-order bonus:
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Chris Model'
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Jill Model'
- Resident Evil 2 Special Theme

latest

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
-Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
-Leon Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Military'
-Claire Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
-Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
-'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap"

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_2_Deluxe_Edition

Last edited:
Capcom unveils Collector’s Edition and Details on Resident Evil 2 Remake

During this year’s Comic-Con in San Diego, Capcom has graced its fans with some insight on the development of Resident Evil 2 Remake, highlighting the care the team is putting into reimagining the survival-horror classic. The publisher also unveiled the Collector’s Edition for the game and the final design for Claire Redfield.

resident-evil-2-remake-claire.jpg

Capcom has been on a roll, after finally revealing the long-awaited remake for 1998’s classic survival game Resident Evil 2 during this year’s E3. First announced in 2015, Capcom has stayed tight-lipped ever since, to the dismay of many fans. The wait was well worth it however, with the game’s reveal blowing away any expectations. We already knew that Resident Evil 2 wasn’t going go get the same treatment as the Resident Evil 1, which only got a remastered re-release of the game’s GameCube remaster from 2002.

No, Resident Evil 2 Remake is receiving the complete treatment, with a full visual overhaul, rivaling the most current titles in visual fidelity, redesigning the world and gameplay for a modern audience. This re-design also entails the two protagonists of RE2, Leon and Claire. The announcement trailer focused on Leon, depicting the cult Resident Evil character at the start of his adventures.

Now, Capcom is sharing more info on Claire. At this year’s Resident Evil panel at the San Diego Comic-Con, Capcom has unveiled the final new design for Claire Redfield. In a post on the Playstation Blog, Kellen Haney from Capcom shared Claire’s new design with her classic motorcycle. The development team isn’t throwing everything from the classic games away however but takes influence by the classic designs. Haney also emphasizes how the team worked meticulously to depict Racoon City and its zombies as scary and impressive as possible. Using the RE Engine, first seen in Resident Evil 7, RE2 Remake highlights a dark and rainy city overrun by the undead.

resident%20evil%202%20collector%27s%20edition.jpg

During the Resident Evil panel, Capcom also shared details on the Collector’s Edition for RE2 Remake. The Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively through GameStop and EB Games and will cost you a cool $199.99. On top of the game, this edition includes a sweet 12-inch figure of Leon, a digital soundtrack, an art book, a poster and the usual in-game extras in form of skins, weapons and music.

Resident Evil 2 Remake is heading for release on January 25th, 2019 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

https://www.gamezone.com/news/capcom-unveils-collectors-edition-details-resident-evil-2-remake/

A new Resident Evil 2 gameplay has been announced at Gamescom 2018. This time we will see one of the fans favorite character Claire Redfield in action. Enjoy!

New Resident Evil 2 Screenshots Show Claire's New Look And A Reimagined Mutated Birkin

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-resident-evil-2-screenshots-show-claires-new-l/1100-6461295/

Last edited:
Obviously I'm very excited about the Resident Evil 2 Remake! I'm really digging that they are making it scarier and everything looks great from what i've seen. I wonder what they mean by changing Ada Wong's outfit though.

A brand new trailer has been reveal at the Tokyo Game Show. It shows a glimpse of the Resident Evil 2 story, new cutscenes and a little surprise. Here is the new trailer of Resident Evil 2. Enjoy!

Last edited:
A few new gameplay trailers has been released recently, featuring the almighty Tyrant and the famous sewer. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Back