Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
I realize that I already asked on twitter and somebody already looked into it. But I'm just really really confused right now. This club I ran was the most viewed/most posted in club thread on the forum, and ranked pretty high in google for the "clerith" search (I know, cuz I often saw it when I googled my blog name). I just checked it in maybe mid-February and it was up. Now it's gone. Like it never existed. I had a lot of valuable information within that thread that I can't find anywhere online now.

I'm just confused because every thread I've ever made is still logged... but this one. It's the only one to be erased. It's no surprise to any of you that may have known me over the years that this pairing means a lot to me and so as you can imagine, the information in that thread is pretty valuable.

Has there been any new mods/admins added to the team that may have done this without anyone else knowing? I'm trying to not let my emotions get the best of me... but, this is a pretty tough blow.

There's gotta be an explanation or a way to reverse it or something???

http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/pairing-clubs/a-story-of-love-a-cloudxaerith-club-40235.html

There have been some other thread that somehow just vanished and no one can explain why, one such thread is the first XIV picture thread where people posted their journey through XIV and various other pics of odds and ends. It's curious as to why it happened but no one actually knows why.

maybe that should be fixed????

not gonna lie, i don't even know what to say right now......

At this point in time we have no idea what's going on, Cali. It "shouldn't" be possible for threads to disappear like that but like I told you on Twitter, even our tech admin looked into it and it's nowhere to be found though we know it should be.

The only "solution" I can offer you at this point in time is this: https://web.archive.org/web/2010081...tory-of-a-love-a-cloudxaerith-club-40235.html

I understand that's not much, and I apologise for the inconvenience.

vBulleting, developers etc (according to Fil as well) say it shouldn't be possible. So we will definitely keep an eye out for any news or changes.

Again, I'm sorry this is happening.

Edit: Regarding mods/admins, I feel confident saying that none of us touched it, it was in Spira after all, and you know me when it comes to my section. Fact is it's not just your thread, there's been two other threads we're aware of.

thanks for the wayback, kira. but it ends at 17 pages.... and the thread had i think 200 pages or more....

i guess im fucked.

thanks for the wayback, kira. but it ends at 17 pages.... and the thread had i think 200 pages or more....

i guess im fucked.

I'll be sure to let you know if I find something or anything changes. I'm gutted and it wasn't even my thread, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling. =/ Again, I'm sorry, and we'll let you know first thing if we do come across something.

thanks, kira....

i did a google search and the only way this could happen is by mistake or deliberately. so are you sure there's no new mods or admins that could have done this (by accident or whatever) without any of the veteran mods/admins knowing???

Hi there,

I don't know if we've ever interacted before but I'll introduce myself anyway: I'm Fillip, and I handle the technical aspects of the site as well as server management.

I was going to write a long post about how I couldn't figure out why this is happening, but on a whim I decided to do a database search for not the thread record itself, but rather the posts belonging to the thread. I shan't bore you with the technical details, but suffice it to say I have some good news for you: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/40235-A-Story-of-A-Love-A-CloudxAerith-Club/

I wish I knew how this happened in the first place, but I do not. I am sorry for the stress this has caused you :(

I am happy I was able to restore this thread for you, though. Hopefully I can do the same for other threads that seemingly vanished.

Thanks for bearing with us. You are an important part of the forum and its history, as is every member and every thread.

Hi there,

I don't know if we've ever interacted before but I'll introduce myself anyway: I'm Fillip, and I handle the technical aspects of the site as well as server management.

I was going to write a long post about how I couldn't figure out why this is happening, but on a whim I decided to do a database search for not the thread record itself, but rather the posts belonging to the thread. I shan't bore you with the technical details, but suffice it to say I have some good news for you: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/40235-A-Story-of-A-Love-A-CloudxAerith-Club/

I wish I knew how this happened in the first place, but I do not. I am sorry for the stress this has caused you :(

I am happy I was able to restore this thread for you, though. Hopefully I can do the same for other threads that seemingly vanished.

Thanks for bearing with us. You are an important part of the forum and its history, as is every member and every thread.

You can bore me with the technical details babes ;)

Belazor et Britannia so is there a chance of recovering the first XIV picture thread the same way?

Alright thanks for replying Kira, I only asked since he just found a way for this one.

Phew, I'm very relieved and pleased that Fil managed to track down the thread. Thank you once again, Fil!

We hope this issue will cease soon because not knowing why this happened in the first place is still very concerning. Therefore we'll have to change some plans around and make an announcement soon. We'll keep you guys informed sometime today.

Seriously, Belazor et Britannia thank you so much. I was seriously panicking over this and to have you fix it so quickly, that was just really really awesome. Seriously. If I could hug ya I would. :lew:

You deserve some major props for this and I know my words are failing to show how grateful I am right now.

THANKS GOD BLESS AND LOVE Y'ALL

Back