Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Again, I can't really think of a more appropriate place to put this thread, so I'll stick it here for now until we get a few things sorted in this section, and move it later.

So basically, I was wondering if anyone recognizes some of our GFX artists work styles? :cool: If so, give out the names and try to explain why you can easily pinpoint this person's signature amongst the rest. (For instance, when viewing the entries for SotW, can you tell who made the signatures by simply looking at it?)

Now, there's only a few members' work styles that I can easily recognize. Let's see...there's Mark (Aerith) for his use of purple colors. :wacky: Although lately he's been experimenting with different colors too. He also have a distinct style from the rest, and lotsa effects in the background.

Then there's Claymore/Light. She doesn't use too much effects and they are all quite subtle-looking, but they always look so pretty and professional albeit the simple styles.

Dark Cloud for his use of dark tone colors. At least most of the sigs I've seen from him are like that anyway. I think he's also simple when it comes to sig-making.

Warbourne/Z for his expert use of smudging. Although I must admit, sometimes I'll look at a random signature that I come across with and won't have a clue that it's from Warbs. His styles fairly changes every now and then, although methinks he needs to make some more awesome signatures!

And um...I think that's it. Sometimes I can tell sigs from RandomPokes, Derek, and Eidolon, but that's kinda rare. Their style tends to alter somewhat, although lately I've been kinda able to tell which sigs are from RP. Just a lucky guess though. =P

I'll post more later when I study and analyze more signatures from others.

Heheh, I am able to tell apart a lot of people's styles as well.

I can tell which work is Aerith's/Mark's because he uses lots of C4Ds, Distortion, Clipping masks, and duplicates effects sometimes. He also uses a lot of filters.

I can tell apart Dark Cloud's work, because of his use of the Orator font and... something else that I can't really pinpoint.

L's work is easy to tell apart as well, because he is one of the few who can smudge and use C4Ds in a unique way. Some of his work is sharpened and has a rough feel.

Mercurial's work often has a "glossy" feel with a lot of contrast.

And then RP, Julius, and Mits... I don't know why, but somehow I recognize their work. I have no explanation. XD

Also, my name was never Lightning. That's another member's name and I don't think she makes sigs. :P

Last edited:
Mark I don't know how but probably from the colors.

Julius kinda you'll find a plain color >.> with C4Ds

C l a y m o r e because of his mad lighting skills and nothing goes much in the BG. D:

Merc/Kairi/ Eva kinda like to use that skill lately in the Sweeny Todd sig >.>

Ooops, I'm sorry, my mistake. xD I know you were previously Light, but somehow I typed Lightning. o.o Fixed.

Anyway, I also can't recognize Merc's work! Again, his tyle changes, although I would look for the border-style. I think I can manage to pinpoint his by just looking at the borders since he likes to be creative with them. Other than that, I really have no clue which sigs belongs to him.

And Julius...I recognize his work now by obvious use of C4Ds. =] And Light stocks/renders.

Merc/Kairi/ Eva kinda like to use that skill lately in the Sweeny Todd sig >.>
I'm going through an experimental process at the moment...which is why I haven't been in SoTW! :gasp:

C l a y m o r e - amazing lighting skills and simple backgrounds look great.
Aerith - What Mits said basically, the purple at first although I love the way more colours are being incorporated!
.Z. - Definitely the smudging, it's amazing. Probably one of the best smudgers on the site without a doubt.
Julius - Colours and C4Ds =D

It's weird really...everyone has their own style I just can't word everyone's exact style even though I know what it is >.<. Although, in the SoTW I can name pretty much everyones sig most weeks :neomon:

Anyway, I also can't recognize Merc's work! Again, his tyle changes, although I would look for the border-style. I think I can manage to pinpoint his by just looking at the borders since he likes to be creative with them. Other than that, I really have no clue which sigs belongs to him.

clipping masks, random lines, somewhat transparent borders, light source is placed behind the stock or on an object they're holding, etc. Also the way he uses colour. That's how you find out which one is his :P

I think the only people I get tripped up on are mark (occasionally), randompokes, and riku. :neomon:

Casanova. I can definitely recognize his work too. Most of his renders are shown with full body (and usually small) in his signatures and the style and text are most recognizable.

Fusionist - Her use of faint white lines going across the signature and those little box thingy.

Milf - Actually, her work is almost similar to Light's/Claymore's signatures. Again, the use of simple colors, effects, and style. So maybe now and then I may get confused between the two. xD

I can always pick out Mark's like everyone else, but apart from him, it's a tough time. :P
I'd guess I'm better at recognizing graphic artists that have developed a thorough style (i.e. not in the experimenting stage, or at least, not experimenting as much as someone new to the art).

Sometimes I can recognize Derek's (Matt Bellamy). Vectors are pretty much his thing. Most times.

And it's easy to spot mine most times. I usually go with warm colors with a tendency for orange. Fire! :gasp:

I think Kei's is the most recognisable style to me, his best works are light, shallow (in an appealing way) and almost always include a girl from an anime of some sort. He also doesn't use that many (not enough xD) C4Ds.

I used to be able to spot C l a y m o r e's tags but now that Milfuelle has been posting and getting better their styles seem so similar. :gasp:

Mark's style is pretty unique, and I can normally spot his stuff but I've been wrong before. xD

Mitsuki has a very diverse style and sometimes it's hard to tell.

Aha, finally our own GFX Lounge for our GFX-related discussions. =]

-Thread Moved-

I'm actually trying to maintain my own style now, but as far as knowing if I'm successful or not...I have no clue.

You shouldn't really try to maintain a style... Just do what feels comfortable for you in each tag. XD However, I once tried another style (out of my realm) and failed really badly (it was a request from DC. XD)

Lately, DC's tags have been VERY easy to notice. He's been using a lot of simple backgrounds milky textures.

Mil is like my GFX clone. XD

Truthfully, I can't really recognize other peoples style right to a single person since they're a some similarities that I can see and can't single out one person who has the particular style *shrugs*

I don't think I have a particular style, I just try to stick to simple stuff without too much stuff around the render image in a sig. I do avoid C4Ds, so the lack of that might hint at a style I suppose >_>

Yes. I think I've gotten to the point where I can emulate certain people's styles to some degree. But since there's been an influx of ever more talented GFXers here it's getting somewhat difficult who from who.

Yep, I think I'm on a stage where I can, too.

There was a time period where I could easily pick out who's tag was who's. Mark's, Lewis', Coco's, and even Ewan's.

I think my style was recognizable for quite a while, too. Not sure if people caught on to it. I thought it was easily to be spotted though. :lew:

Back