Quistis or Rinoa?

Rinoa always needed to be rescued, and she wasn't that great of a character, imo. I'd prefer Quistis, but what's done is done. She was more of a supporting character, but I always liked her best, both because of her personality and because I wanted her and Squall to be together.

I think Rinoa and Squall are better suited for each other. Even though their personalities clash and they both come from completely different worlds, they have a really deep connection.

I only realised that there may have been a 'history' between Squall and Quistis when she says something like 'I was out of the picture the moment Rinoa showed up'.

I was stuck for a lot of the game, Quistis in the first FMV was just like omg jizzz hahaha the beautiful green eyes and the glasses with the sort of teacher look really did it for me and thats without talking about the whip... and then Selphie was just really cute and bubbly and wore an amazingly short dress. Rinoa has to take the biscuit though as she has everything, her personality was amazing and she was stunningly beautiful, and she was a girl in trouble, a girl in need and you knew that she was going to be with Squall and that she could change him from an anti-social introvert to a leader who was willing to risk being stuck in space forever and die out there with her.

Rinoa hands down!!

If you ask this question then ur totally miss the point of the love story between Squall and Rinoa. Only Rinoa can get Squall out of his lonewolf's attitude.

Even though I hate this game to boot and dislike almost all characters, I would still pick Rinoa over Quistis. More compatible with Squall.

Also, wtf kind of name is Quistis?

I don't like Rinoa at all, so I pick Quistis. ^_^ But I admit, there wasn't much character spotlight outside of Laguna, Squall, and Rinoa sadly. ): It's one of VIII's shortcomings.

I've only played a few hours of this game but from what I saw I found Quistis to be quite annoying and therefore I prefer Rinoa. Though I hear later in the game Rinoa get's a bit annoying :hmmm:

Rinoa. She's actually my favorite FF heroine overall (unpopular opinion, I know, I know :P). She's just this normal kinda upper-class girl who wants to save her town, and she gets in way over her head, but she tries. I love her straightforward attitude. She's also not perfect, and she knows it.

She reminds me a lot of Aerith, personalitywise, except Aerith was maybe a little more mature. That said, it's Rinoa's slightly immature, teenagey-ness that makes me like her! :)

I've only played a few hours of this game but from what I saw I found Quistis to be quite annoying and therefore I prefer Rinoa. Though I hear later in the game Rinoa get's a bit annoying :hmmm:
What makes her annoying exactly? She hardly gets any screen time, so I can't think of what part you're referring to.

Rinoa definitely. I'm a brunette guy! Preferred her within the story and to have in my party. Quistis's weapon put me off straight away haha. Not much of an S+M guy so the whip freaked me out.

I prefer to Quistis over Rinoa..so if it would be me, it would be her, but well...for Squall, Rinoa is okay :D

but in gameplay, I prefer to Quistis, she is my main in FF8 and I know in this game level does not matter, but she was always few levels above the others and I think it was okay because she is an Instructor and has more experience than the others but Squall is mostly spends his time in KO if I play on ps1, in pc If I'm not going on with the storyline my team is always led by Quistis, and I do all the sidequests with Quistis except the Tomb of Unknown King quest because only Squall can remove the things there

I don't think Quistis could have won over Squall just by a matter of time or being more agressive lol.

I think Rinoa balanced Squall's dark side out a bit, I think he needs someone like her, an opposite.

As for the abilities, I don't know, Angel Wing was pretty deadly lol. If it came down to a duel, I'd put my money on Rinoa. But I DID like Quistis in the story , don't get me wrong, it's too bad everyone didn't get their own love story since love seemed like a bit of a theme in FFVIII.

There's something about Quistis skirt that makes her attractive. *erhem* LOLOL Can't really explain why though but I find her cool and charming, especially when she attacks with her whip. Rinoa is more of a typical young lady!

I choose Rinoa... Shes beautiful and also powerful..
Quistis is like an old teacher who like to scold students like squall.. :)

Quistis is the one i choose, because Rinoa is the damsel in distress of the game and im "TIRED" of that archetype. Besides Quistis abilities with the Whip could hint a Dominatrix secret hobby. Another point up is that in the Rumble Roses game one Character, Miss Spencer http://spe.fotolog.com/photo/30/31/27/neaya/1291838214594_f.jpg is basically a Rip off of Quistis and i like it.

Rinoa is my preferred, she seems the all around better character/fighter. Quistis is an annoying woman who constantly nags and well he weapon is a whip which is useless.....then again so is a disc launcher.....oh well Rinoa sexy :L

Quistis was the hot bombshell blonde and Rinoa was the really cute petite asian girl. I pick Rinoa.... personally because I grew up with this game and I feel a nostalgic attachment to it. As well as the romance with Rinoa.

I personally think that Rinoa is a better choice for Squall not only because they are the best looking couple, but because the way they approach and understand each other. They have a strong bond as it was shown in different parts of the game. Quistis didn't have that strong bond that Rinoa had. That is why I chose Rinoa over Quistis.

Back