Proof God does not exist

I would show it to the world, not just because it is right for people to know, but it would stop many arguments and fights. It is a shame to take away people's hope like that...yeah, but shit happens

Crap. I just wrote a ten page essay and my window closed...

I'm not saying that the Indian's never achieve anything. I also intended to mention that I left a lot of stuff out of my statement. XD

As a matter of fact, the Chinese and the Indian people shared a lot of beliefs...thanks to free trade...they shared everything from pottery, religion, to plague...

I know the Mandate regards politics. I should have mentioned the tree doctrines instead!
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Confucianism,[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Taoism, and[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Buddhism.

My conclusion was that religion should not be taken from the world.
I have not slept today. Farewell. :monster:
[/SIZE][/FONT]

i dont think showing it to the world will make any difference. people will say it is fake, anyway people will go on believing in god even if there is proof he doesnt exist. people want to believe in something as it gives them hope

but i would show it to the world. religion is just a con to control people. and the people that are controlled by it should be set free

No I would not show it to the world. Religion gives many people hope. If you take that away who knows how they will fare. Hell I could see the suicide rate skyrocketing...

EDIT: Though if there were such a box, I would want to know who or what created it.

I'm not saying that the Indian's never achieve anything.

Yeah, you said that last time. You also completely oversimplified Hinduism and made it sound like a very apathetic religion.

As a matter of fact, the Chinese and the Indian people shared a lot of beliefs...thanks to free trade...they shared everything from pottery, religion, to plague...
Woah, no way, free trade? China getting Buddhism from India? It's not a new concept. And wtf does pottery have to do with anything?

I know the Mandate regards politics. I should have mentioned the tree doctrines instead!
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Confucianism,[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Taoism, and[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Buddhism.[/SIZE][/FONT]
You uh, do realize those have very little to do with God, right?

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] My conclusion was that religion should not be taken from the world.
I have not slept today. Farewell. :monster:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
I thought we were talking about decisive evidence given that God did not exist, should we let people know about it or not? There are plenty of religions that do not include God (and by God, I'm going to guess Eryth is referring to the christian/jewish/muslim diety).

SO! To answer the original question posed, I think I would reveal the evidence to humanity. People believe/do alot of stupid and biased things because of a belief in a God. Quell that and humanity may very well see a surge of intelligence and open-mindedness.

I would show the box to the scientific community because they would take me seriously more than just some layman would. Besides, because of the roots religion has already planted in people's minds, they might simply fight against it with ignorance. No matter how logical it is to follow evidence, people still prefer ignorance. But to show the world the proof or evidence changes nothing for some people. There are (ridiculously enough) still people who live under a rock and believe the Earth is flat or is only 6000 years old. So let the person who sees the evidence decide for themselves what they wish to see. There is no changing that, but there is no changing the evidence either.

I's keep it for now and show my christian friend the box, she'd look at it and tell me if it was a hoax or not. Because she knows more about god than I do. Then if we couldn't quite figure out what it meant, we'd try to solve the mystery. (this sounds like a good RPG storyline...hehee..)

I would show the box to the scientific community because they would take me seriously more than just some layman would. Besides, because of the roots religion has already planted in people's minds, they might simply fight against it with ignorance. No matter how logical it is to follow evidence, people still prefer ignorance. But to show the world the proof or evidence changes nothing for some people. There are (ridiculously enough) still people who live under a rock and believe the Earth is flat or is only 6000 years old. So let the person who sees the evidence decide for themselves what they wish to see. There is no changing that, but there is no changing the evidence either.

Hmmm...very good point you bring up, Angelus. As a matter of fact, my parents had me in a Christian school from 8'th to 11'th grade, so I had my fair share of hearing their ignorance. The world is only 6-10,000 years old, carbon dating is wrong and most fossils are faked and planted by the devil (seriously, that was one of their ways to explain fossils, I'm not joking), etc. I always wanted to ask my science teacher "if carbon dating is wrong, why are you teaching us the periodic table of elements like they're true?"

So...yeah. I don't think much of the Christian community (or other religions with deities) would accept it. They would probably try to peg it as something scientists created to get rid of religion.

I's keep it for now and show my christian friend the box, she'd look at it and tell me if it was a hoax or not. Because she knows more about god than I do. Then if we couldn't quite figure out what it meant, we'd try to solve the mystery. (this sounds like a good RPG storyline...hehee..)

Of course she would tell you it was a hoax, she's a Christian. Why would she want to accept something that would shatter her world and belief system? Keep in mind, this box provides irrefutable evidence that God does not exist. It's not a hoax, so there is no denying it unless you want to remain completely in denial and aren't willing to accept such a drastic change in your beliefs.

You find, in a box somewhere, definitive proof that God does not exist. Do you destroy the box or do you show it to the world? Why/Why not?

...tough question. I'd love to throw that proof in the face of some holy-rollers who believe they're superior to others based solely on their religious beliefs. Pompous pricks. I'd have a hard time resisting that temptation. That doesn't apply to everyone who holds religious beliefs and values--just some.

In the end, I'd probably keep it to myself. What good would come from proving to the world that there is no god? The negatives outweigh the positives, I feel.

I will say this: I, for one, would be relieved to hear that there is no god.

I's keep it for now and show my christian friend the box, she'd look at it and tell me if it was a hoax or not.
thats not issue, its a question of wether you would keep it secret and let the masses be happy in their ignorance and give their life some meaning for them, or to reveal to them that their faith is unfounded.

i doubt that the box will make any difference as religious leaders regard most science as heresy and would say the same about the box.

People believe/do alot of stupid and biased things because of a belief in a God. Quell that and humanity may very well see a surge of intelligence and open-mindedness
it would be nice to think that, but i doubt it would make a significant change. the ideologies of these people will not change quickly if at all.

also i doubt whether the effect of the non-existence of god would change religion, as the bible, quran and torah were all written by people, i know supposedly with divine help, but people would still adhere to the laws wriiten in those books.

I'm agnostic so I think I'd just leave it, if that's an option. I didn't exaclty believe in God anyway, and I don't really care about the rest of the world. If they want to believe in him that's fine, but I'd leave in there in case I needed it later.

I'd show people.

But the strong believers will disregard it, and say it's faked. It takes a lot to shake someones faith, a box with "proof" can be easily ignored if you have strong enough faith. So most religious people would stick to their beliefs anyway, a few would accept it, but those people probably wouldn't have their life revolve around religion, but some do. So they'll ignore it, and put blind faith in their religion.

It'd probably end up making way for some communists as well, because we all know how much they hate religion, and if you prove it doesn't exist they'll go apeshit for revolution, and I don't like Communists

The world was always there, no one created it. The only way we could find out is to die.

The world was always there, no one created it. The only way we could find out is to die.

So wait, if you've discovered that the world has always been around and no one made it...does that mean you've died? I'm pretty sure the world wasn't always around, something created it, whether it was the Big Bang or God or whatever.

Since I'm too lazy to read the entire topic, I'm going back to the first post.

If everyone were to face undeniable proof that God exists, it'd be a disaster. So many people don't deserve their religion being taken away from them. The change to thinking for yourself shouldn't be that sudden. People will feel lost...

And as an added bonus for the really hardcore, you've been living a compromised life to "go to heaven", and then it turns out there's no such thing. Yay, you wasted your life.

I'd lock it somewhere in a safe. After all, it may come in handy. I'm not letting the Pope dictate what I should do if it ever goes that far again.

I would destroy the box because proof in a useless box still can't show proof. If this box was shown to the world, everyone (except aethists, who will dance with glee and joy) would lose faith in who believe in God. I am secretly an Eastern Orthodox, since my family is all Christian, but some relatives are Muslim.
But sometimes I do not respect God for what he did to Egypt in the time of Moses because they never knew there was such god called "God". But they worshipped gods and godesses before "God" came along, so God, I didn't appreciate what you did to them and you didn't think before doing. So shame on you.
Back to the subject...
God wouldnt have existed if dinosaurs came first, because ages later the Ice Age came, and that's where the Homo Sapiens and other types of humans start to appear in. Adam and Eve would not exist in this type of era, unless it was another time zone.

So wait, if you've discovered that the world has always been around and no one made it...does that mean you've died?
lol.
there has always been a world but not the same as it was now. there was something before the big bang, because if there was nothing then the world couldnt have been created.
and if god created the world who created god?????

If everyone were to face undeniable proof that God exists, it'd be a disaster. So many people don't deserve their religion being taken away from them.
but they do deserve to live in ignorance? next you will stop telling people anything might upset them, people have a right to know the truth

I would show the box, simply because I couldn't keep something like that to myself.

But I think, regardless of what proof is shown, people will still choose to believe in what they want to believe, and I wouldn't want to force my beliefs (or non-beliefs as this case may be O_O) onto other people.

If everyone were to face undeniable proof that God exists, it'd be a disaster. So many people don't deserve their religion being taken away from them. The change to thinking for yourself shouldn't be that sudden. People will feel lost...

Oh no! God (er, non-existent god) forbid people have to learn to think for themselves! Yeah, that's such a terrible thing to throw at people.

And as an added bonus for the really hardcore, you've been living a compromised life to "go to heaven", and then it turns out there's no such thing. Yay, you wasted your life.
Sucks to be them, then. That's what they get for not being able to think for themselves and letting religious doctrine mandate their lives.

I would destroy the box because proof in a useless box still can't show proof.

That sentence is completely incoherent.

If this box was shown to the world, everyone (except aethists, who will dance with glee and joy) would lose faith in who believe in God.
Not really. There are plenty of ignorant fools out there who would blatantly ignore the evidence.

I am secretly an Eastern Orthodox, since my family is all Christian, but some relatives are Muslim.
Well since you just told us, it's not a secret anymore, is it?
But sometimes I do not respect God for what he did to Egypt in the time of Moses because they never knew there was such god called "God". But they worshipped gods and godesses before "God" came along, so God, I didn't appreciate what you did to them and you didn't think before doing. So shame on you.
Back to the subject...
Um....kay? They knew of the Israelite's god. And do you even know the deities the Egyptians worshiped? Moses told Pharaoh to let the Israelites go, then according to the story, God purposefully made Pharaoh stubborn so that he'd refuse to let them go, thus allowing God to send the plagues. Why he'd do something that asshole-ish is beyond me, though.

God wouldnt have existed if dinosaurs came first, because ages later the Ice Age came, and that's where the Homo Sapiens and other types of humans start to appear in. Adam and Eve would not exist in this type of era, unless it was another time zone.
Um...what? That doesn't make an ounce of sense. According to mythos, God made the world, therefore he was around before dinosaurs. And um, duh Adam and Eve didn't exist in the ice age. But they could have if it was a different time zone? What? :wacky:

lol.
there has always been a world but not the same as it was now. there was something before the big bang, because if there was nothing then the world couldnt have been created.
and if god created the world who created god?????

Um...well then it would have been an entirely different world than the one we're on. Assuming the Big Bang theory is correct, this world had to be formed from something else....prior the Big Bang this world didn't exist, it was part of something else.

And no one created God, he's always been around.

I am stchoopid. Well I did reveal my secret religion to you guys, yes, but it's still a secret to the whole damn family of mine.
And yes I don't make sense in my posts because I am very bad at grammar and religion history.

Back