Play As Sephiroth On FF7

um what? he isnt a playable character in the game. abet only for short while within a flash back/memory. that isnt possible. at least not on the PS1 version.

That's not possible. You probably just mean you have in battle in the flashbacks, that's all.

apparntly in the PC version you can put Sephiroth in your party, but I despise cheating like that

no u can but u need a gameshark/ xploder to do it... i did it before but it makes the game rather glitchy

I thought it'd be codes, I should've thought that you couldn't use him by default.

It Is Possible On The PC Version Of The Game, But I Dont Know The Script/Code You Have To Alter To Include Him. I Know I Code To Make Him The Playable Character Instead Of Cloud In The Final Fight With Sephiroth, But Im Not Gonna Tell Yer ^_^

the easiest - and frankly only - way to have sephiroth in your party for the PC version is to use the Jenova hacking program - however you have to keep re-adding him to your party each time after you have to move members around, he's invincible and you cant control him. oh and you also cant have him in your party if you've unlocked vincent.

So hes not worth it really - except for maybe the novelty factor ^_^

u can have Sephiroth in the PC version but no more Cloud and the battle music will be Jenova I dunno wat's the track name, btw I have that Patch ;)

Although the concept is greatly intriguing, I'd rather not have to stick with only 3000 damage per hit. No appeal there whatsoever later on in the game. But with him being invincible... meh.

A novelty, but not one I'll venture far to obtain. Not worth it in the slightest.

Anyone that belies that deserves to be instantaneously shot.

Just another one of those stupid rumours designed to force players into needlessly working their asses off for ages only to be angsty at the end of it.

I hate half of the rumours to 'obtain' Sephiroth in your party. Utterly ridiculous.

No, you can add Sephiroth to your party in place of Cloud on the PC version. It doesn't do anything except change the sprite. YOu can still control him. He still only hit about 23 points of damage when you first start off... and all the cutscenes and flashbacks are the same. The only difference is instead of the Cloud character model going through the game, you have a Sephiroth character model. The game doesn't know the difference, it just runs with a new sprite in place.

The best example of this is if you check YouTube. Some whacko is recording FFVII, episode by episode, in ten minute clips. He's actually gotten pretty far. I think his most recent is Corel, Barret's hometown. Anyhow, he's playing as Sephiroth. If you want to see for yourself, check it out here.

Yeah I always pinpointed this theory as direct rumor, but can't really give that 100% since I've never played the PC version of the game. It sounds interesting, but if it's just a sprite as Aztec has said, eh, it's nothing that impresses me too much.

i also havent played the pc version and i dont think its worth buying it just for that im sure the novilty wheres off pretty fast anyway. it would also get abit confusing when you have to interact with sephiroth in the flashback bit :wacko:

Yea, it's just a sprite change. Someone could design a Chuck Norris sprite and you could go and play Final Fantasy VII as him. There's nothing really different. Sephiroth is popular because he's a popular character and he already has pre-choreographed fighting moves since you actually do see him fight in the one flashback. So all that patch does is replaces Cloud's sprite, attack move, magic move, and winning move to Sephiroth's. If you wanted it to be Chuck Norris, you'd have to design new moves for all of those... or just have him wield the Buster sword and it'd look wierd.

Back