NEO: The World Ends With You announced for PS4 & Switch (followup to original TWEWY game)

ntwewy 1.png

Fans of the original action RPG The World Ends With You will no doubt be delighted to see that not only will an anime adaptation start airing in April 2021, but a new followup title for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch is due for summer 2021 worldwide, titled NEO: The World Ends With You.

NEO: The World Ends With You takes place in the streets of Shibuya, Tokyo. There, a life-or-death event named the "Reaper's Game" will take place and you will play the role of Rindo, an unfortunate teenage protagonist forced to partake in this blood sport of a game. Rindo and his buddies will naturally work to uncover what is truly going on behind the Game.

Fans of Kingdom Hearts will note that characters from the original title appeared in Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.

In Square-Enix's own words,

NEO: The World Ends with You brings a re-creation of modern Shibuya to life in a unique and comic-inspired style. Players can explore and enjoy the sights, sounds, and culture of this bustling city, fight monsters alongside their ally companions in fast-paced action battles, and complete missions as they seek to change the fate they’ve been handed.

Take a look at the announcement trailer below.

Gematsu

Last edited:
Linnaete

Linnaete

I am so freaking excited about this. When Minamimoto appeared as the last playable character I was full-on out of my vector!

Oh boy, Minamimoto's playable? I'm really excited to seeing what the gameplay's like, as it'll be a departure from the DS.

Back