Muse

Ah man, I can't fucking WAIT til September now :8F:

Looks like you had a right good spot as well! I plan on getting their early so we get to the barrier again :8F:

Awesome footage and photos hun, looks like you had a coolio seat!!! September seems soooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away, Im gonna be a Muse ninja or something and kidnap Matt and Chris if he'll get in the bag XD

I can hekp you with that, we can use Dave as bait, and while he distracts them, we can bag them...:ryan:

I'm so excited again after looking at the pics :8F:

Also, have you recieved your ticket yet? I wish they'd send them oot ]:

No, nothing yet. Think it may be sent out near the time. Id lose mine otherwise! My ex is coming, so this is going to be odd, he got me into Muse. But hes with someone at the mo, so Ill have to be on my best behaviour ... Not with Matt though XD Dave would make awesome bait!!!

Ah man, I can't fucking WAIT til September now :8F:

Looks like you had a right good spot as well! I plan on getting their early so we get to the barrier again :8F:
Gates open at 9am according to my mate who I'm going with, so you'll have an early start if you want to be at the front of the queue. :pacman:
That's for the Wembley gig at least, I don't know about Old Trafford...

I can hekp you with that, we can use Dave as bait, and while he distracts them, we can bag them...:ryan:

I'm so excited again after looking at the pics :8F:

Also, have you recieved your ticket yet? I wish they'd send them oot ]:
They aren't sending them out until August the website says, and aiming to have them all delivered a week before the event. I'm going to have a problem with mine though because they're being delivered to an address that I won't be living at anymore, and I can't get the delivery address changed. :sad3:

Bumped.

Muse aren't really doing it for me anymore. Seeing them live kinda killed it for me. I mean they were good and all, but I'm not a big fan of their latest album and most of the setlist consisted of stuff from that. Also, all the flashy lights, backdrops and lasers were cool but they made the show too theatrical for my liking. I would have preferred something more scaled down and high energy in a smaller venue.

Well this is going to be my Muse gig and Im so looking forward to it. SaShman is the first person Ive encountered to say they werent impressed with the live performance. I do hope they play some older tracks and not all the newer ones. I do like the new album, but some old skool would go down well :)

There isn't much chance of them playing their older stuff (at least not the best of it anyway). It's incredibly rare for a band to revert back to their old style, especially this far into their career. I'd love to see them go back to their Hullabaloo days though, because that's when they were at their prime.
I'm just hoping there'll be some Showbiz in the set list.

Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever) is released in a few days. I can't decide if I'm excited for it or not, but I'm expecting to be a little let down.
I just hope they've written a Muse song, and not a song for Twilight.

As much as the likes of Knights of Cydonia sounding like a 'live' song, I really preferred the Absolution tour over the Wembley Stadium show. Not because of the 8-9hour wait in the rain until Muse finally came on, but because of the songs; they played Deadstar, In your World, Micro Cuts, Agitated, Thoughts of a Dying Atheist, opening with the footsteps/Apocalypse Please... a far superior setlist to the Wembley Stadium one.

I'm just so disappointed with Muse's recent songs, they've either gone very prog (which isn't prog enough for me, as a massive prog fan), or very electronic with Matt's fidgety guitar and stuff. Their peak was Absolution for me. I'm actually trying to avoid listening to many new songs by them because I want them to stay as a good band inside me. Black holes and whatever was a massive shock for me, not one standout track. Invincible was my personal best on it, and that sounded like some Keane song, not an awesome Muse one.

Keane? IMO Keane are onw of the shittest bands I know. Im kinda thankful for the last couple albums cause its boosted them in a way into the media. Before you didnt really see or hear anything Muse related. Now their music is in movies, ads, TV shows, etc. Blackholes & Revelations had some fantastic tracks, as does the new album. But each to his own I guess lol.

EDIT: Cant believe I got neg-repped for saying Muse arent like Keane!! Opinions dont count for anything anymore do they?

Last edited:
Black Holes and The Resistance are definitely the lower point of their career for me. Which is pretty good, because they're both very good albums. They've changed their style far too much to ever top Origin of Symmetry and Dead Star/In Your World.

We should never allow this thread to die :rage:

I'm really into In your World and Glorious at the mo, my album never had Glorious on it though, I was diddled, diddled I say :rage: In your world gets stuck in my head :8F: I really like that instant messenger song actually :lew:

P.s. The gig was amaaaaaaaazinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

One fuckign day I will get a bastard mug, I'm gutted I didnt pick one up at the SECC now, I fought my way to the front of the merch stall at the LCCC and they were like, SORREH WE AVENT GOT ANY MUGS

:rage:

I'l have a bloody event poster then -__-

Yarp, the gig was beyond F**KING AMAZING!!!!!!!! I myself didnt get a gig poster, always forget lolz. Im surprised I could talk after the gig I was screaming at Matt so much ^_______________________________^

My voice was abit hoarse for a few days, and I pulled a muscle in my arse and leg, both of which are still bothering me

They opened with Uprising, I almost wee'd, after fucking HOURS upon HOURS of waiting, fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally. I can't really pick a highlight from the night, I just screamed along to every single song, I about had a heart attack over Map mind. And it was played last time I saw them. I can't even grumble over not having him do TiRO infront of me again, becauise I was at teh barrier in November and he was right infront of us when he did that, if i wasnt so dehydrated, Id of pissed myself

One of the better pictures I took that night (SECC in Glasgow) :8F:

MUSE0911027.jpg

I really liked the streamers, and the massive bouncy balls, but the streamers were best, that massive POP and they all went everywhere, fucking ace :8F:
4960693485_0304833fbf.jpg

tumblr_l8ffiohYEM1qakoo6o1_500.jpg

I was on Matts side this time as well. Yusss

these ones are my pics, as you can tell from the shoddy quality hahaha

MuseLCCC165-1.jpg

MuseLCCC168.jpg

i really only like Uprising. i've listened to the Resistance (that is what it's called right?) album and it's ok. also, anyone else notice Uprising kinda sounds like the Doctor Who theme?

My daughter mentioned that similarity as well haha

And yeah, it's The Resistance, You should totally check the other albums out, you are missing out

I never really listened to Muse but a few day's ago my friend gave me a lend of one of there album's I think it was black hole and revelation's and the song's were great.
Is there any album's I should look out for or song's you would recommend

Back