Madonna

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
So like me to post this up, isn't it? Lately, I've been hooked with 4 Minutes and now I can't stop listening to Die Another Day (yes, I know it's old, but it's James Bond ftw, right?). Some of you must listen to this queen of pop, right?

Lately, I've been hooked with 4 Minutes
Sorta figures :neomon:

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of Madonna but she can produce some pretty amazing stuff when she wants too, and she's supposed to be amazing live.

This song has always struck me as one of Madonna's better singing sides.

Don't Cry For Me Argentina, La Isla Bonita, You'll See, and You Must Love Me are my favorites. (Not to mention that those four songs are what I usually sing on my karaoke). I'm not completely a hardcore fan, but I do love some of her songs, especially if it's quite dramatic and meaningful.

I've never heard of 4 Minutes yet...I'll have to check that out soon. But yes, I like Madonna. I think she's amazing!

I don't really like much of her newer stuff, but I really like the older stuff she did, although you get sick of like a prayer when you have to study it in singing lessons -__-

And no, I can't sing, I just did them to get out of PE :wacky:

Her new stuff's okay, but her older stuff - Like A Prayer, Like A Virgin, Material Girl, etc, are just so much better.

She's good at what she does though ^_^

Shes 50?! :wacky:
To be honest, she doesn't look like the youngest woman ever but I don't think she looks 50 :O

I agree that the older songs are better though :monster:

Eh, I thought she hit 50 a few years ago. >.> But wow, she surely doesn't look it alright.

And yes, agreed. Older songs are way better, although I kinda like her version of American Pie too.

Of course she doesn't look 50, she doesn't have to work for a living really the way most people have to and she can afford to spend all day doing Pilates or whatever exercise.
*ends rant*

Anyway, her 80s stuff is probably her best stuff. I'm not crazy about a lot of her work, but Holiday, Like A Prayer (plus its video) and Ray of Light are all excellent songs.

She definitely can't act though XD

I'm not much of a fan of her newer stuff, although my mum got Confessions on a Dancefloor when it came out (okay, I bought her it >>) and then proceeded to play it all the time, and I didn't think it was terrible. Some songs were okay, but I couldn't actually name any of it apart from Hung Up, I didn't pay that much attention. >_>

I really like her 80's stuff though, I have a few of her albums and some favourites include Like a Prayer, Vogue, La Isla Bonita, True Blue, Papa Don't Preach...

SOME of her stuff after the 80's was good though, I have the album Ray of Light which is quite decent. The songs Ray of Light and Frozen in particular.

As for other songs, I really like Beautiful Stranger, it's one of my favourites. Don't Tell Me is quite good too, and her cover of American Pie isn't alllll bad...

I really liked Frozen, but that's it from her newer stuff. I can't stand the rest, owait....I quite likes that one where she had that leotard on iin the video....as disturbing as THAT was

The rest of it just iritates the life out of me. I bloody hated hat Music one. It has to be one of the worst songs I have EVER heard <_<

I really liked Frozen, but that's it from her newer stuff. I can't stand the rest, owait....I quite likes that one where she had that leotard on iin the video....as disturbing as THAT was
Would that be Hung Up? I quite liked that one, and it had that sequence from Gimme Gimme Gimme by ABBA in it. I actually think that worked WELL in it for once, usually when artists steal famous riffs it just sounds terrible, but kudos to Madonna for actually make it work this time. >_>

I always have a couple of her songs on my playlist in the car.

They're always 'Hung Up' and 'Sorry'.

She apparently bought the rights to one of Abba's songs at the start of her song for Hung Up or something along those lines.

It sounds good too.

Sorry always reminds me of one of my ex's. She says exactly what I feel when I think of him in this song!

Die Another Day
has always been a favourite, but I can only listen to it every now and then. It gets a bit annoying after a while. >.<

OMG Beautiful Stranger! I just remembered that this was the first time I ever saw or heard of her. She was in a film clip with Austin Powers. It was freakin' awesome! Another brilliant song of hers.

I never saw this thread and now I did and I'm so very excited!:holyshit:

I love Madonna to pieces. I have all her CDs, the Confessions Tour, and the latest Video Collection. I love everyone of them, but not the same. I have favorites.

So here they are:

Album

Ray of Light- Best over all album, even though the individual songs aren't my favorite. They flow really well together and I really love Ray of Light and Substitute for Love. They both really rock.

Song

History - It was a bonus track from the Jump single or EP, whatever it is. It's my favorite M song at the moment. The beat, the lyrics, it all comes together and makes me happy. I love it.

Video

Express Yourself - The greatest music video of all time, and the song isn't even one of my favorite. The Metropolis movie tribute looking set is amazing, and I love every scene. They make your eyes feel fantastic. And her acting was pretty good.

OH MY GOD I LOVE MADONNA
i love all her old songs and all her new songs!
she looks so good for 501 years old and shes soooo pretty!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw the Sticky And Sweet tour, and it rocked. I love the version of Human Nature that it used (although I could have done without Britney) and the version of Vogue as well.

Hard Candy is one my least favorite of her albums and yet this is my favorite tour. (I've only watched two The Confessions Tour and this one. TCT doesn't win because it was so uptight. Well, other than the cross bit. That was classic Madonna.)

She really has a thing for the F-Bomb, doesn't she?

I've never really been big into Madonna. I guess she was more before my time. Though, I did like "4 Minutes". Other than that though, my Mom will put on some old school song and then I'm like "WTF is this?" and she gives me a whole lecture about how great Madonna is/was. Mehh.... What's been going on with her these days anyway? My biggest memory of her is when she kissed Britney Spears at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards. :wacky:

Back