London KupoCon Final Fantasy VII Launch Event (02/03/2020) - Is anyone considering going?

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi

KupoCon are holding a Final Fantasy VII REMAKE Launch Event on Monday the 2nd of March 2020. It's £15 Entry or a Premium Pass for £60 - Which includes all sorts of goodies!

It's being held at The Loop:

Address: The Loop, 19 Dering St, Mayfair, London W1S 1AH

I was curious to see if anyone here will be attending? I'm trying to rope my friend into it. I reckon I could make it for the 7pm opening & Stay till about 10:45pm - Last Trains are at 11:30 and I'm not willing to pay for a hotel to stay over night + I want to get back and be ready for the release of the game!!!

Last edited:
I certainly intend to attend!
I'll probably be booking a hotel room and staying though. I'll miss out on some hours with the game, but I'm sure some extra hours of KupoCon will make up for it. :argor:

I've tried to attend all KupoCon events in the UK (I've only missed one UK event so far due to the tickets selling out within 24 hours).
I'm unsure yet who else is able to attend. Maybe Kelly/Bambi but I suppose it depends on ticket availability, etc.

Since this is not a typical KupoCon event (this is evening only instead of day as well) I'm not yet sure if the usual discounts apply. If they do, be sure to use the discount code 'FFF' and we should get 12% off. They're generous giving FFF its own special discount.

Tickets go on sale on November 27th and they will be limited so they might sell very fast! If anyone wants to go then I do suggest purchasing your ticket on the day they go on sale, if not the exact hour.

For those across the Atlantic pond, there is a sister event in Canada a couple of days before the release:

February 29th 2020
The Westin Harbour Castle,
1 Harbour Square,
Toronto

Just a reminder that the tickets go on sale next week (November 27th).

They are expected to go fairly quickly. 😧

Tickets for the London event go on sale to the public tomorrow at 20:20!
They are expected to sell out very fast so I suggest people who want to get one should probably be there at that precise time (or earlier) to avoid disappointment.

Those who want to go to the Toronto or Vancouver events can buy their tickets in the days which follow.
See here.

I should clarify that none of the usual discount codes work for this event. Which is fair since they're hosting this event at a loss, I believe, and are just doing it because they love people.

Booked my ticket! Couldn't convince my friend sadly but sound like it'll be a decent night - i'll need to leave around 10:30 as my last train abck is 11:30

I'm glad you managed to get your ticket. :)
I got mine too, though I'll be staying the whole night.

That'll be a good handful of FFF members and former FFF members going to the London one then.
They haven't quite sold out yet, but there are only about twenty tickets remaining so they'll go very soon.

To the Canadians here, the tickets for the Toronto event are now available for purchase. The tickets for the Vancouver event will go on sale tomorrow.

The KupoCon organisers are going to be knackered before they get to us in London! Or maybe we should instead imagine them as well-warmed up?

The London tickets sold out a while back but today it was announced that a final batch of tickets will be released on January 22nd at 20:00 GMT.

If anyone else wants to go, be sure to make a note of this! Or if anyone knows someone else who wants to go, here is another opportunity for them.

Any news to whether this event is going to be cancelled now? I couldn't post on the official posting on the forum...

Any news to whether this event is going to be cancelled now? I couldn't post on the official posting on the forum...

No cause for alarm. :)

KupoCon posted a statement about it:
EOQGQmTXUAEEwzN

So the event is still going ahead as scheduled on March 2nd. They've been getting everything sorted. The venue, the loot, and other things they haven't told us about yet. They are also aware that many people have booked trains, hotels, etc, already and they don't want to mess people about.

It'll still be a party to celebrate the launch of the game, it can just no longer be on the literal eve of the launch.

The other launch parties (Toronto and Vancouver) shall also be going ahead as planned.

The delay is something they'd hoped wouldn't happen, but they have always considered the possibility that it might.

As Prince Oberyn Martel said on Discord earlier, at least it'll give people time to recover from any hangovers from the party. :argor:

Here is the link for anyone else who wishes to attend the FFVII Remake launch party in London (2nd March).

The tickets will go live again in fifty minutes (8pm GMT) and this will be your last chance to get a ticket.

Here is a very useful FAQ for those of us who are attending this:

The time is fast approaching!

Bad news, I won't be able to attend tonight, it's going to sound petty but I made a promise to someone who is concerned about the coronavirus spreading in London the last month or so. I said we'll see how it goes and so far it doesn't seem to be improving so I have to stick to my promise and hold back on tonight.

Pretty gutted as I was looking forward to hanging out with some buddies here for once - I hope you have an awesome time and If I can make a future event I'll try to do so! Sorry once again :(

Bad news, I won't be able to attend tonight, it's going to sound petty but I made a promise to someone who is concerned about the coronavirus spreading in London the last month or so. I said we'll see how it goes and so far it doesn't seem to be improving so I have to stick to my promise and hold back on tonight.

Pretty gutted as I was looking forward to hanging out with some buddies here for once - I hope you have an awesome time and If I can make a future event I'll try to do so! Sorry once again :(

Yikes! That's too bad. :sad2:

But a promise is a promise (like Cloud and Tifa). If you are sure that the decision is for the best then at least you can have peace of mind.

Gives you time to play the demo I suppose!

Hopefully see you at a later event!

Have fun everyone who goes to the event, and don't forget to share some impressions/experience after the event ended and you have the time/mood!:D

When I got back I pretty much just collapsed and had zero energy left. I'll say more about it in the near future when I've recovered my wits but what I can say is that it was an amazing night. :argor:
Crazy at times, but awesome.

It was great to talk with John Bentley (Barret) again and to see friends (both from the forum and off-forum). It's basically become a sort of family now. Venue was also great, but naturally drinks were quite expensive. The loot was quite awesome too.

Back