Advent Children Japanese? or rather English?

Favorite Spoken Language?

• Japanese!

Votes: 49 63.6%
  • English!

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Other...(state in a post)

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
I prefer English. For one, I hate subtitles and another I can actually understand what they're saying. Each voice actor's voice was fine to me.
I agree with that. English for me, all the way. I can't understand a word of japanese, and concentrating on those subtitles just keeps me from fully enjoying the action. :P I do admit, the japanese voice actors do put alot more work into it, but I can't understand them, so it gets really aggrivating.

I liked the English a lot better. I'm not really a fan of sub titles, I spend more time reading than I do watching the movie.

In my personal opinion, often times, the English voiceovers are worse. You see, the Japanese have a different culture. In their country, voice actors are held in far higher regard than those in America. Here, where they're pretty much inconsequential and unknown, over there, the actors/ actresses have hordes of fans, products, articles and even their own face time. As such, the quality of their work is much greater than that of American actors. The effort they put in alone is much greater that of their American counterparts. There's a whole other variety of factors which contribute to the Japanese superiority over American voice acting, which we will eventually undoubtedly come to discuss in this thread.

For now, that's my two cents.

Yep, totally agree with everything he said.

Another factor was I DLd the japanese version before the enllish version came out, and I had watched it 4 times before I saw the english version.

Second, Im learning japanese so its good practice for me.

Third, I honestly thought that all the american voices were very wooden and generic. I dont think any of the american voice actors ever played the game and it kind of showed.

I didn't watch the movie for quality voice acting, I watched because I wanted to know what the movie was about. I saw one of the first fan-subbings of the japanese version, and it was very tough to understand.

I have noticed with this movie I catch a lot more of whats going on when I have it in english. I never realized how some of the scenes looked when I watched it in Japanese because I'm always reading the subtitles

Purely on the subject of Advent Children I'd have to say Japanese, I just feel that the voices were much better suited to their characters in the JP version. Also, reading subtitles has never been too much of a problem for me, and I've done a bit of Japanese studies between Night School and University. The English version wasn't too bad, except that Kadaj, Loz and the other guy's voices irritated me quite a bit. Props for Cait Sith gaining a Scottish accent once they got on the Highwind though!

I've watched the movie quite a few times in Japanese wuth English sub titles and I like it just as much as watching it in English audio, so I won't vote because I like both the same

Japanese way is funny the why they talk, In English it's all good hill from their

It sort of makes you wonder if you watch both versions why so much of the script was edited, I mean I know some of it is pretty much necessary for lip sync and stuff but most of it could have been left alone, especially Cait Sith's lines, what on earth does he actually say anyway? :blink:

The Japaneses voices are a lot better. For starters the English voices don't even match up with the mouth movement. A lot of the voices didn't match the characters image. And cait sith's Scottish voice made me feel physically sick because of the poorness.

Japanese way is funny the why they talk, In English it's all good hill from their

Actually, quite the contrary. When people speak a different language, others shouldn't say "Haha, they speak funny!"...trust me, you may offend someone.

Now as for Japanese language, notice how there's emotion in their voices. They aren't just simply reading a script - they are actually "voice-acting." You can feel what the characters are feeling because the Japanese actors make sure they give life to that particular character just by lending their voices. I've watched many subbed animes, and quite frankly, I prefer the Japanese voice over English.

The original is always best. Aka; the Japanese cast is much better than the English cast. The voices aren't as annoying, there's emotion in the voices, and their lines don't suck. (I mean, English Loz saying "You meanie!"? No. Just no.)

I have to go with both, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with English, because I like the actors.

The Japanese voices are far better than the English voices. FAR.

I especially hate how, in the English version, since Japanese takes longer, they add massive pauses to compensate. For instance, Sephiroth. "I will [like 5sec pause] not become a memory."

I didn't watch it in English yet. I think it would be better in Japanese because it was made in Japan. The translation wouldn't really fit I guess... I'm going to watch it in English soon so that I can vote for sure.:|

Back