Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Salvae Celeres
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Symphony
Could we possibly give out a little award as a small consideration for those taking the time to vote in this competition? I know it's a little thing and a bit premature to be saying in such early stages of this planning but I figured it was something to spare a quick thought to. Alright, the word count will probably be on the lean side to accommodate readers, but it still takes more time and effort to judge a contest like this and I think a little token of appreciation wouldn't go amiss.

Six

๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜†! ๐Ÿ”ช
Staff member
Admin Support
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Seven Rivers
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Mhm. Already working on that. I think that's a fair thing to do anyway. Bit too early to say what the reward will be, obviously. Working on some rough drafts, though.

Same goes for entrant and winner rewards.

LovingOfLightning

Blue Mage
Gil
Mako Points
I'm interested, but sadly I'm working (And not writing work) for this month, but hopefully I'll be able to participate next time.

Jack's Smirking Revenge

i am the one who knocks
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
The biggest problem I can see at this point is probably getting a good amount of voters. Apart from those entering and maybe one or two others, I don't think most members will be interested in reading several pieces. I don't really have any bright ideas to incentivise people to vote to be honest, but I suppose some sort of prize thing is a good place to start

Six

Staff member
Admin Support
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Seven Rivers
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Yep, it's obviously also encouraged for the people that do write but don't enter a certain month to cast their votes.

When do you guys want this to start? ASAP or would you rather it starts at the first of August or September for example? I don't think the actual date matters, as long as there's clear guidelines on when the due date is.

Dionysos

ฮ’ฯฮตฮบฮตฮบฮตฮบแฝฒฮพ ฮบฮฟแฝฐฮพ ฮบฮฟฮฌฮพ
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Lamia
I wouldn't complain if it started ASAP. I think people are all looking forward to it, so it makes sense to roll with that enthusiasm before people forget about it again.

But if people would prefer to wait then that's no issue either.

Depending on the theme or if my imagination is stimulated then I might have a crack at writing something, even if it isn't good enough to enter.

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
I think if you're all ready, go ahead and start it now, if you need more time, then start it August first

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
I don't see why this couldn't be started right away. Unless there are some objections to that.

Six

Staff member
Admin Support
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Seven Rivers
FFXIV Server
Lamia
I doubt there is. :)

Good news and bad news. The good news is I'll be launching this competition upcoming Saturday. The bad news is... I have to haul arse to get all the guidelines and rules set up for the new subforum before then!

Fear not, we can do this! :D

Shaissa

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
The bad news is... I have to haul arse to get all the guidelines and rules set up for the new subforum before then!

Fear not, we can do this! :D

I will do my part by whipping you until you are done! :mandi::mandi:

Six

Staff member
Admin Support
Veteran
Gil
Mako Points
FFXIV
Seven Rivers
FFXIV Server