I just beat FFX! Here is my review.

Scarlet

*wobbles*
Veteran
Gil
There were a few threads that were made recently beating a Final Fantasy game. I've created a thread where you can post about your review on the game.

If you have beaten Final Fantasy X for the first time...Please post your Final Fantasy I reviews here.

If you beat Final Fantasy X already and still want to write a review, then go ahead.^_^

One of the greatest FF games ever.
There's nuthin wrong with it, it have some great new idea and not too much romance.
the battle system is great and as I said before there's nuthin wrong with the game.

Kh Kh Kh I Didn't Blay It Yet

Edit: yuna202, please put more effort into your posts. There's no point in posting that you haven't played this game yet. This thread is for people whom have played it. If I see another post like this I will delete it. Thank you
~Lady Aerith~

Just a quick reminder, people please do not post spam in this thread as it will be deleted. This thread has been created for people who have already played the whole game and beat it. Not for people who haven't yet played it. If I see anymore spam, it will be deleted and you will be given an infraction. Thank you.

I completed this game back in 2004, but the memory of it still sticks with me, enough for me to want to add my own little review:)

Final Fantasy X was my first introduction to the FF world, and it felt like a very good place to start. Straight away when I heard To Zanarkand and saw the opening of the game, I knew I was entering into something very special, that would influence my delving into other titles in the future.

Firstly, as we all know the graphics are absolutely stunning. The facial expressions are realistic and fun to watch, the backgrounds are gorgeous whether it be peaceful Besaid or ruined Zanarkand, and the cutscenes/FMVs are a real treat, I was completely drawn in by them. Of course I noticed the slightly bizarre repetetive moves of some of the characters, but it kinda endeared me to the game, it still makes me smile to think about how many times Tidus outs his hand behind his head ^_^

Which brings me to the characters, which I think are severely underrated. Perhaps the voice acting wasn't perfect, but again, I found that to be a cutte little quirk about the game. I liked Tidus' whingeing, which evolved into a more leadership kind of command. Even Wakka, with his obvious limited intellect, was fun to watch. The development of the characters was even and rich, something I haven't seen much of in the other FF titles I've played- not once was I left thinking "but what about that person? What are they about?" I felt like I was constantly feeling each character.

The story was rather bravely done, with the references to religious hypocrisy and the idea of sacrifice for the good of the world. It had a very spiritual feel about it, and the idea of the Fayth and dreaming, made it ethereal and insightful. And of course there were plenty of comedic moments that still stay with me today (Tidus sniffing Auron):D

The battle system was good for me as I was a beginner, ATB is quite fast-paced but in this game I could give real thought to my moves and their consequences. The boss battles involved quite a lot of tactics, which isn't my strong suit but kept me challenged, and there were moments of hack-and-slash but I didn't mind because it was balanced with the tactics.

My absolute favourite aspect of it was the music. At the time I had no idea of how huge an honour it was to hear an Uematsu score, but even the smallest of pieces was charming and suited the feel of the areas well, and the bigger pieces like Suketi Da Ne and To Zanarkand are just genius. There's a great magic about this score, something I aspire to myself!

So to summarize, I got a huge amount of enjoyment out of this game. First games always have a special place in one's heart, and this is no exception. Sat Nam^_^

i beat the game when it first came out. i played it non stop. it was funny how i got teh game. my brother bought it initially and didn't like it. so he gave it to me and i fell in love with the game. i loved the storyline, how everyone's persoanlity and traits playe dout. and someof the events, you didn't see coming. the ending i showed my girl i wa sdating at the time, and it made her cry. she actually made me buy X-2 to see what happened next :)

this game is in my all time top 5

So, we post our reviews about this game?

Well, an excellent game.
There was excellent character development, great characters, nice graphics, awesome ending (I almost cried), great music (I loved Yuna's Theme), and the fact that you can see other FMVs and hear music from the game in the luca theater. <3
The best Final Fantasy for me and my number 1 favorite game.

Here's my review, LOVE FFX!! It was my first FF and I was very pleased. the storyline is great, the graphics and scenery are amazing, and I'm a total romance sap so of course I loved the Tidus/Yuna thing going on.

The only complaint I have is the final bosses in the game.

Here's how it went down, I got the the Seymour boss and I was like "Oh geez his last form was bad, this ones gotta be worse" and guess what, he was a breeze, I was actually giggling at him.

Then I got to the final aeon thinking "alright now here's a REAL battle!" and...well...took him out without any trouble.

NOW I get to Yu Yevon, I'm sitting there going "Oh I'm scared, he's the FINAL boss, this is gonna be tough" And guess what, A 4 YEAR OLD CAN BEAT IT!! I'm dead serious, you see in the battle YOU CANNOT DIE NO MATTER WHAT!! Its cuz during the battle your entire party is on this constant Auto-Life status where if you die they automatically come back to life with all their HP.

After I beat Yu Yevon i was actually waiting for the REAL final boss...then the CGI ending started, I just started "That was it? I wasted my Gill on those potions and spent hours training doing side-quests for NOTHING!!??"

So yeah, kinda wished the final boss was kind of a challenge, it could be that my party was so strong, my Sin party was Tidus (he could do 9999 damage, he only had a normal weapon unfortuntly, and no enemy could touch him), Yuna (knew ALL white magic, had celestial weapon, and went into Rikku's and Lulu's sphere grids so she was a magic machine), and Rikku (I didn't mean to really, but she leveled up WAY fast, I did use her a lot for machinas and eventually she because probably the most strongest and I decided to use her, she had celestial weapon and could do over 20000 damage)

That's no excuse for Yu Yevon though, it would've been a lot more challenging if the party wasn't on Auto-Life.

Hard to put into words...

Story: Very compelling and emotional, it really involves you. Not a single plot hole. It even made me cry, and not much can do that. It's very inspiring, everything about it is perfect.

10/10

Music: Sets the scene perfectly. The music is never dull, and always good to listen to.

10/10.

Gameplay: The turn-based battle system is great. It's fun to use, and there isn't a single hiccup. The puzzles don't fit in too well, but that's only minor. Apart from the slight annoyance of random encounters, and the highly disappointing final boss, the gameplay is perfect. The scope and depth is truly amazing. And you can develop your character's stats whichever way you want.

9.7/10

Graphics: The graphics are beautiful, but can be slightly jagged at times. Though taking into account that it was early PS2, what more could you ask?

9.5/10.

I'm going to say 11/10, above perfect. Perhaps I'm just blinded by the ending, but it's an excellent game all the way through.

The story of FFX is fantastic and beautiful. It wouldn't matter if the gameplay had been broken, I would still play and love this game just because of this story.

The tension prevalent throughout the game because of Tidus' ignorance on how summoning works and the fact that you know something is simply brilliant and really pays off during the revalation at Home (love the fade on the background noise and the looks on the characters' faces). But the fact that the story continues to build right up til the very end is what makes this game special. It isn't a simple, the truth is revealed now to save the world plot, and it continues to twist until the final scenes which are tremendous.

Add to this the greatest soundtrack in gaming and one of the best of any medium (the only ones that come right to mind that are close to this are I am Legend's track and The Fountain's). The music perfectly complimented and even added to each scene. At Zanarkand, Someday the Dream Will End, and the ending theme are three of the most beautiful pieces of pure music... match them with equally beautiful scenes and you have a art at its most poignant. All those cynics out there that scream that games are not art have no idea what art is.

First FF, and my favourite. Loved the graphics, story and gameplay, and it didn't hurt that the main character was extremely fit. But that aside, the music was beautiful - i'm still playing To Zanarkand on the piano a year on from finishing the game - and the TidusxYuna pairing was amazing. Only fault was probably FFX-2. Bit of a letdown. But it's hard to sequel such an amazing game.

final fantasy x was my second favorite. i just that it challenged me because i normally fly through games which makes it a little boring but there was times i wanted to break it because i couldnt get passed a certain part. like when u exit mount gagazet and you fight the dragon thin; it was my first time so i played through the game without using the sphere grid.. yea i no kinda noobie but i didnt know but overall it was very fun. o and i loooovvveee blitzball

I really love this game and i beat the game before finishing the sidequests just for curiosity...

as i don wanna spoil the game for u guys, i'll try to make it more general~^^

Characters: The characters in the game is very well organised and they are really vivid~ :) every character is very unique and their outlook was great~ :wink:my favourite character was Rikku since she was really cool and sweet~ (even in FFX-2) ok back to subject~ tough i got really confused in the beginning of the game when all the characters just popped up suddenly...>_< but you can be able to identify them very soon~ also love the part that each character speak funny stuff in battles~
Rating::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:(MAX 5)

Battle: i love the battle system in this game~ :blush:though its not ATB~ it allows you to have as much time as you want to choose the action and you can really enjoy the battle~ plus the graphics was fabulous, and i absolutely love the summoning, powerful and beautiful~:lol:
Rating::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Story: the story... i was pretty confusion at the first time actually... :confused:of course, when you get deeper into the story you start to understand more and know whats going on~ its quite good and touching but would be better if there's different endings~:wink: how i wish Tidus and Rikku be together!:O
Rating::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Mini games and quests: some of the mini games and quests are actually pretty annoying!:dry: i love playing blitzball(well sort of...)^_^and therefore it wouldnt be a problem for me... but the chocobo one is really frustrating~:mad: i was very mad and almost pulled the creator out and bash him dead~ (shhh...):whistle:anyway, the trial in the temples are quite.... pointless~ i think they can make better puzzles other than walking around and around...:argh:
Rating::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Extra stuff: well the monster arena was a great idea... catching monsters around and having more challenges~ and the dark aeons were quite a bit of a challenge~ they wouldn't be that hard as you think when you've maxed ot your stats~ they're worth it~ and i really dont want to end the game so quickly, but since i got all the celestial weapons and all dark aeons killed... there wouldn't be much left to do but still~ the last boss was... surprisingly dissappointing~ guess squaresoft wanna get it done quickly and ppl can start playing X-2...
Rating::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

alright, hope u guys have fun beating the game and if you got any questions, ask right away, hope i can be some help~ thankyou~:tidus:

Last edited:
I had just beaten FF X today (i almost beat it a long time ago but my brother sold it)
My review would be a 100/10 100 being the best of course!!!!!!!!

There’s only three Final Fantasy games I've played up to now, Final Fantasy VII X and XII; I have to say by far X if my favourite followed by VII.
I thought the graphics in the cut scenes were breath taking! Though the story had just a few minor things that could have been altered but apart from that it was the best game I've ever played, I’ve played so many I can't remember.

I went through a spell of having the game for a long time, about a year, and I didn't once play on it, and as soon as I did I couldn't move from the screen. (Although as soon as I started playing it, my sister wanted to play it as well) even though half the time it wasn't me playing it, I had to follow with my eyes, being allowed to only fight a few battles, namely the hard ones. -_-'

I finished FFX three years ago,a friend was attempting to get me to play Final Fantasy Games.
I was sceptical at first,looking for flaws,but really,just sit back and allow yourself to be guided into the magical world of spira.
Charcters
All the charcters are very well developed,and if your open you find you 'bond' with the charcters.
However,I do have a slight problem with Tidus.
His attidute is less than perfect for someone in a differant world.and he can act childish.
Plot
The plot is perfect,a classic twist on the 'big evil guy needs killing',and emotions were brought into play perfectly.
Graphics
Brilliant,especially the AMV scenes,they made you feel more involved,however slightly jagged.
Overall
If you dont have this,go play it and finish it.

I just beat FFX last night at around 11 after playing it for 340 something hours (not straight) and it was amazing, I loved the beginning the middle and the end.

When I first got this like say 4 years ago? I played it non stop until I got to gagazet mountain where you fight the gatekeeper, I could never beat him =/, I was sooooo underleveled I couldnt even fight the normal enemies without dieing, every one enemy gave me 2 sphere levels. o_O

So I finally quit after a long while sitting there getting completely destroyed by him. A couple years later (4 years lol) I started it again and completely started anew. I did everything I possibly could and could not find one thing wrong with this game. This game was perfect in every way to me (bah ending was dumb,
how tidus dissapeared
).

I finally did everything I possibly could and pretty much filled the entire sphere grid. (which took forever) Got all the ultimate weapons, got the Magus Sisters and Anima and Yojimbo. So on and so forth.

Overall, great game.

Last edited:
Back