Inquiry How to make a avatar with photoshop?

King Sean

I am the bone of my sword.....steel is my body and
Veteran
Gil
I want to know where I can find tutorials on making avatars. I searched google, but I find things telling me how to make avatars without renders. I wanna make one with a render. Or do I just make a siggy into an avatar? Would that be easier?

I've tried to find avatar tutorials too but the only few that I found happened to be on 'livejournals'.

You could just crop whatever you have in your signature and then edit it slightly.

I find avatars to be the most easiest to make.

You can find awesome backgrounds if you search for 'icon backgrounds' or something along those lines in google and then edit your render in to fit quite easily.

[Moved to Help Service]

Quite honestly I have a hard time making avatars due to the small area that you have to work with. Just get whatever image you want, drag it into the box, apply some color filters (gradient map works best for me) and maybe a C4D or brush, whatever you prefer. You can also add some fancy borders. And that's pretty much it really. Only takes me 10-15 minutes to make an avatar.

Personally, I treat it like a sig on a smaller scale. I think how easy avatar making is depends a lot on what your style is. If you work a lot with colour and lighting it's easier to work with things in small areas such as avatars, but if you like lots of effects, it's a lot harder. Personally I just pretend I'm making a sig then erase the bits that look busy :wacky:

It's probably because people usually like working with stocks when it comes to avatars. Not often do I find myself working with renders in an avatar myself unless it's just fanart with a bunch of white crap around it.

You could just cut out something from a signature, but I'd probably prefer to just take the render and find a fitting wallpaper to use as the background.

Back