Help (hopefully) My final help request

DarkLordSephiroth66

Reaping souls in the Lifestream
Gil
I could use some Junction/magic/Gf suggestions on how to beat Fujin and Rajin in disk 2(in the Balamb hotel).

My current GF list is as follows:

Quezacotl(level 17), Siren(level 29), Ifrit(level 20), Shiva(level 17), Brothers(level 9), Diablos(level 9), and Carbuncle(amazingly level 28?!?!?!?!)

i also have a shit-ton of cure/cura magic(i dont know weather or not to junction to my magic ability or not, or if it will help).

Oh, and my party is as follows:
Squall
Zell
Rinoa
Should I change my party or should i leave it as is?

Thanks people!!!!!:awesome:

Well your JF's are fine, I got more question on how much magic you have overall for people... my advice, set your junctions to have the highest attack and defense possible for the fight, (squall the highest and whoever you want for the next two) and take out Rajin first, makes the battle easier by far, if your still having trouble, did you level up your weapons/can you? I would do that if you can also.

Your stats look ok, but here's something to think about--you can use one's magic against the other. Draw from one and cast on the other, it seems to work fairly well. Put as much attacking power as you can on Squall and use him to spike them. Zell can be your other attack but keep him doubling as a defense if things get sticky. Rinoa should be your main healer/maintenance.

Try to get as best weapons as you can get your hands on at that point, although it doesn't really matter that much. My suggestion is to try and get a better weapon for Squall and use his Limit Break as often as you can.

Avoid using Quezalcoatl, he may just end up healing Raijin. You want to get rid of him first, frankly, since he hits the hardest. Siren works wonderfully on them if you want to stem the tide of healing and the like. They key is to try and blitz Raijin as soon as you can and then you can take your time a bit more with Fujin.

Well your JF's are fine, I got more question on how much magic you have overall for people... my advice, set your junctions to have the highest attack and defense possible for the fight, (squall the highest and whoever you want for the next two) and take out Rajin first, makes the battle easier by far, if your still having trouble, did you level up your weapons/can you? I would do that if you can also.

My magic list:

Rinoa:
Cura(47)
Protect(21)
Regen(19)
Shell(14)

Squall:
Scan(27)
Sleep(33)
Blind(16)
Ultima(sadly only 1)
Confuse(2)
Berserk(11)(i know NOT to use)
Zombie(5)
Dispel(6)
Float(13)(should i use float???)
Drain (9)
Slow(2)
Fire(4)
Blizzard(40)
Blizzara(5)
Water(3)
Cure(52!!!!)
Silence(5)
Full-Life(17(already have junctioned to my HP)
Eusna(16)
Fira(6)

Any suggestions on how to even out my magic to my other party members? (FuckinFujin and her goddamn attacks are starting to piss me off)

oh and I have Zell at level 17, Squall at level 24 and Rinoa at level 18

Last edited:
I would definitely put some attack magic on Rinoa as well, I've always found her to be a good source of magical damage.

If you need more, you can always refine or draw it. I'm pretty sure you can get out of Balamb again... but if you can't, play cards and refine them for magic.

I would work on more Cura, Esuna, Life (even if you have none), Blizzara/Fira/Thundara (or Blizzaga/Firaga/Thudaga if you can get it), Water and perhaps some more Blind.

I'm trying to remember what you can refine via GF abilities to get the magic, and all I'm coming up with is Life from Regen Rings (I think), and Water from Fish Fins. The M-Stone Pieces, Magic Stones, and Wizard Stones will also refine into the 3 elemental magics plus Cure/Cura/Curaga.

Past that, just keep everyone healed with Rinoa and Zell if you must, and casting Protect/Shell on everyone can't hurt. Abuse limit breaks when you can.

My magic list:

Rinoa:
Cura(47)
Protect(21)
Regen(19)
Shell(14)

Squall:
Scan(27)
Sleep(33)
Blind(16)
Ultima(sadly only 1)
Confuse(2)
Berserk(11)(i know NOT to use)
Zombie(5)
Dispel(6)
Float(13)(should i use float???)
Drain (9)
Slow(2)
Fire(4)
Blizzard(40)
Blizzara(5)
Water(3)
Cure(52!!!!)
Silence(5)
Full-Life(17(already have junctioned to my HP)
Eusna(16)
Fira(6)

Any suggestions on how to even out my magic to my other party members? (FuckinFujin and her goddamn attacks are starting to piss me off)

oh and I have Zell at level 17, Squall at level 24 and Rinoa at level 18

my advice use auto-junction on both Riona and Squall, and grab magic from anyone that you dont use and add it to Zell and Riona and Squall.

and I would have Riona on constant healing whenever you need it.

Here's an even better idea that saves you fucking up your characters magic.

I'm assuming you have "Thunder magic refinery" and "card Mod".

Battle Zells mother over and over again till you have 100 Abyss Worm cards. Refine them all into Windmills using card mod. junction them to Squall.

OR Just refine Wizard Stones into Thundaga spells and junction then to him. I'm assuming you're also doing the TT quest along the way too, right? If so you should have a few Blitz cards you can refine into Dynamo Stones, which refine into 20 Thundagas.

Or the simplest route, going out of the town and fighting catchepillars (sp?) and levelling up a bit till you're high enough level to start drawing Thundagas from them.

Battle Zells mother over and over again till you have 100 Abyss Worm cards. Refine them all into Windmills using card mod. junction them to Squall.

OR Just refine Wizard Stones into Thundaga spells and junction then to him. I'm assuming you're also doing the TT quest along the way too, right? If so you should have a few Blitz cards you can refine into Dynamo Stones, which refine into 20 Thundagas.

Or the simplest route, going out of the town and fighting catchepillars (sp?) and levelling up a bit till you're high enough level to start drawing Thundagas from them.

Meh, cheap ways of winning. This is a good strategy but not really necessary, though I'd indeed recommend some more leveling. Raijin and Fuujin aren't even that terrifyingly hard. They can be beaten with mid-range magic junctions as well.

Meh, cheap ways of winning. This is a good strategy but not really necessary, though I'd indeed recommend some more leveling. Raijin and Fuujin aren't even that terrifyingly hard. They can be beaten with mid-range magic junctions as well.

Well that's true, eitherway, may aswell exploit their weaknesses and resistances, that's the main use for magic in VIII so may as well put it to good use lol

Huh, I never really thought of it that way. Must just be my gaming habits: if I have an asset, I'll exploit it. I never pay like uber-attention to stats. Using a spell or two during a battle won't make stats plummet like rocks down a well.

Exploiting weaknesses and resistances though, is fair game. On that account, I'd also suggest the use of Brothers or Leviathan. Hmm, I got confused again...you get Leviathan before or after fighting them...? I think it's before.

Ummmm,

if i remember correctly...........Thunder magic will just fuck me up.
Seeing as how Rajin will just absorb all my Thunder magic to heal his ass and just keep attacking me.

Ummmm,

if i remember correctly...........Thunder magic will just fuck me up.
Seeing as how Rajin will just absorb all my Thunder magic to heal his ass and just keep attacking me.

Not if you junction it to Element Defense. The key is to use his element to your advantage. Same with Fujin, but with wind.

^You draw it before them. I suggest giving Zell some magic. Also try putting GF abilities to good use as well. Siren has a handy ability allowing you to refine powerful life magic from Items like Curagas from a GF reviving potion or tent. Learning these refine abilities are not hard and are DEFINITELY worth the effort. I also suggest card mod as stated above.

There's also another strategy where exploiting their weakness: Both weak from poison. I suggest taking out Raijin first since he has the most HP but taking out Fujin is preferred since his HP is way less. Dont forget to draw the GF from this fight ^^ Good luck!

Just take some time to get some decent magic, maybe do a few side quests if you like. Getting Odin is a good point as you can draw triple which is fantastic for str. Make use of limit breaks, I think Irvine's shot is great with AP ammo. At this point in the game you have access to every single magic except meteor (and of course apocalypse) so take the time to get some decent magic rather than levelling up. Find out here how to get ultima, flare, holy etc if you interested and other cool ffviii stuff like infinite GF and Player Cards :)

Back