Harry Potter Series, use spoiler tags please

Ive deleted your post KA as why post what occurs in the ending? It doesnt add anything to the thread. And people can higlight it by accident.

Roxas-Sora was banned for posting spoilers for the entire book and it IMO is justice as there is clearly a SPOILERS warning and he chose to ignore it. He has ruined the book for many and DR, infraction, as thats spamming.

Blah, a couple of people I know were very disappointed with the ending.

They thought the book was too rushed and the ending was predictable. Draco was a character build up to a rival against Harry. He didn't do very much at the end though, from what I heard. Also, my best friend wasn't surprised that Dumbledore's death was planned.

I loved the book but do believe that the ending was a bit rushed, it just ended so suddenly and I was a little disappointed by that. My friend agrees with me as well, she thought that the ending was rushed as well. A lot of people seem to think the same. The book was intense and exciting though and I still loved it a lot.

Major spoilers below, highlight at your own risk!

I didn't want Harry to die at all and was glad he didn't because the stories would have been a waste imo. It was all about him obviously and if he died, the whole story wouldn't have been the same for me. I did think he was going to die but was extremely happy that he didn't. I was sad how Harry went to bed and that was it! I wish she could have added a little more to that, it just seemed to end way too soon.

Haha and right at then where they have them grown up and married, I wish that wasn't there because I really didn't like that at all. Naming the kids that was a little weird in my opinion and I just didn't enjoy that part at all. It should have been left out!

I thought there was going to be something really important about Draco in this book as well but there wasn't, that was a shame but you can't always get what you want I suppose. Oh and the chapter with Dumbledore confused me an awful lot lol, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

I liked the ending....I was dreadding it,...but think she did a ok job. It is not a great great ending but it is a good ending. It works and it delivers. There was a lot of there she needed to tie up and bring together, and all overall that is one huge job to do...and think she did pulled it out ok....

the book was great but i expected more

i already knew that snape didnt kill dumbledore but i thought he would help harry in the battle but died although he did a lot for harry or maybe for lily but he still did a lot but the part about him being in love with lily was very unexpected and shocking

i was also dissapointed by the fact that discovered no special powers in him and was an angry idiotic wizard till the end

In terms of the last book, I was with her until the end. Then I just got annoyed.

My biggest complaint is the whole last chapter. What. the. hell. It was like bad fan fiction!
Harry marries Ginny, and Ron marries Hermoine?! Ugh! Bad fan fiction! And the whole Snape was in love with Harry's mom thing really bothered me. It seems so out of character. Also, it wasn't much of a surprise that Dumbledore's death was all part of the plan. That was kind of obvious. And Draco! She built him up all this time, and then didn't DO anything with him. I was kind of disappointed.

Okay, now what I did like. I liked that she wasn't afraid to kill off main characters. I hate when authors are super cheap with their characters. Way to be brave, Rowling! I also liked that it wasn't as formulaic as its predecessors. It wasn't another "oh what kind of hijinx will Harry get into this year at Hogwarts, barely escape with his life, and then get called a hero for now?!"

Also....did anyone notice how heavily she borrowed from modern German history (what with the fascism)? As I read about the Death Eaters and such, I felt like she was just writing about the Nazis and the Stasi and giving it another name.

Also....did anyone notice how heavily she borrowed from modern German history (what with the fascism)? As I read about the Death Eaters and such, I felt like she was just writing about the Nazis and the Stasi and giving it another name.

Also note the year that Dumbledore
wins the Elder Wand from Grindelwald
is around the end of WWII, implying that the two events were probably connected. In addition, Grindelwald's symbol
(the all-seeing eye)
is heavily reminiscent of the swastika, and of course the fact that Grindelwald is a Germanic name can't be overlooked.

I absolutely love all of the HP books!!

I know it's a cliche but It's true :P

I remember when i was at primary school, when the first film came out everybody related me to Hermione, what with my bushy brown hair and Know-it-all tendencies. :cool:

I love all of the films too, when it comes to acting, I think that Evanna Lynch (Luna) is great as is Snape, they play their characters perfectly!!

I really want to see what will make of the seventh film when it comes out. I say that because the editors always miss out big bits from the books when making the films (the fifth film annoyed me the way it centered mainly around the DA), and when I was reading the seventh book it seemed that all of the storyline was necessary so it will be interesting to see what they include and what they omit...

i was a true fan of the HP books

i read the 7 book right after it was sold and it turned out to be completely different from what i had imagined it to be not that it was bad. this proves how unpredictable rowling is. everthing was great but i what i disliked was that in the end harry didnt show some real talent and the last battle wasnt so interesting either it just got over like that. but rowling did keep me on the edge i had to read the book together.

it took me 6 hours and i got the book at 12 so by the time i finished it was day time

it was a legendary book and deserves respect and so does rowling

*takes off his hat*

Last edited:
Was a great series of books. I really have a lot of respect for someone that can write a 7 book series of 300+ pages each book and still have a certain amount of creativity flowing out.

As for my favorite book, I probably enjoyed the 5th book the most. It had the aspect of rebellion that I like to see. Lol.

i really enjoyed the harry potter books and i have all of them, i have read them over and over because i like them so much and i am currently waiting for the next film to come out, number 6 the half blood prince, i hope its going to be able to out shine number 4 and number 5, they were good films as well, just cant wait to see the last two now, and i will so be getting them on film too when they are out in the shops :)

I love the Harry Potter series dearly, especially the last few ones. I loved the the one with that annoying toad-like teacher. And the last book was very sad, but I LOVED how it ended off, and where Harry saw Voldy in that place.

I love Fred and George, and everything... *sniff*

I love the Harry Potter books. Originally when my uncle bought it for me when I was young, I was sceptical about how good the book would be. After reading it though, I completely loved the book. And when the first movie came out, I was so excited. So, I became a fan of the series, even until the end. My favorite characters are Harry, Hermione and Ron. I liked Snape to some extent too.
I felt really upset about Sirius's death, and how Harry acted towards Sirius's death.
The books were totally epic for me. It kinda gave the nostalgic feeling which I quite rarely get with books. The 1st,2nd, and 3rd movies were the best for me. The others were Ok, though. I wasn't a fan of the 4th movie for some reason. The book was better in my opinion. I was very sad when the series was over, as this book kinda accompanied me as I grew older. Don't laugh....haha.... Sometimes, I find myself re-reading the books.Till today, my favorite book is still Harry Potter.

Last edited:
I like the series. Unfortunately I havent read the last book yet. I want to know what happens to everyone and Ive asked my friends, but none of them have it.

The HP series was EPIC!!! JKR is a genius! every thing about the books (characters, plot, humor, how clues are cleverly hidden throughout the books) was just amazing.

I wish JKR would write more on the HP universe.... but thats not likely....
My fav book would probably be the 7th... a fitting end to an awesome series....:awesome:

I didn't really get into this series until a couple months ago when my cousin kept talking about it, so I finally picked up the first book and just started reading out of boredom and I was really impressed, not only was it the first book I've read all the way through in quite a while, but I continuously kept on to the 2nd one, then the 3rd one now I'm on the 4th one and they seem to just keep getting better and better.

I love the series, in my mind it is second only to Lord of The Rings as far as fantasy books I've read; however, I lost a lot of my respect for Rowling when in Book 5 she
started killing off major characters
, claiming in her interviews that there were very good reasons for it, and then including none of those reasons in the actual books.
Killing off characters
is not necessarily a bad thing in fantasy stories, but if
you get the readers to actually care about these characters first, pick them off randomly
, and then explain that it's because it makes the story more "realistic", then you've got a strange notion of what "fantasy" means. Honestly--she can have house-elves creating crazy-looking food out of thin air, but not
make a happy ending for Harry and Sirius
? That just irritated me. The level of detail she put into creating the magical world was really cool, though, and it would befit her to write further books based on the lore she teases us with in those History of Magic lessons.

Back