Harry Potter Series, use spoiler tags please

SapphireStar

♥ FFF's Matt Bellamy Pervert ♥
Veteran
Gil
Harry Potter

I made a Harry Potter thread last year, but its been over a year since it was last posted in, so heres a new one!

I use to call the series when it was first released back in 1997. But I read my brothers copy of Harry Potter & PS and I fell in love with Harry's world. I have a lot of merchandise, not just the books and DVDs, but loads more.

My favourite characters are Snape, Draco, Sirius, Dumbledore, Hermoine and Hagrid. I liked Harry
when he first appered, but I cant stand moody teens, even though I was one once :D

I cant wait for the next and final installment, although Im dreading it as JK said she wouldnt write anymore and I believe her :worried: The next and final deadline is not far away and already some people are preparing for its release. I still need to preorder it as Ive been very busy lately.

Will you still read Harry Potter after the end? Or are you happy its finally over?

No way! I love Harry Potter ^_^ And my fav. characters are: Harry, Hermione, Hagrid Syrius and Dumbledore! I think that my av is funny

<------ Points to avatar

I never thought I'd say this a few years back, but I'm glad it's ending. It's become stupidly commercial. The books are really good, don't get me wrong, but the films and everything that extends from them are awful. None of the actors can actually act, with the exception of a bare few (Snape, McGonagall and a few others). I'm really looking forward to the seventh book though. I've heard an interesting theory on the final horcrux...

Well different ppl have different opinions and I respect that. So what are your favorite characters?

Yes! A Harry Potter thread. And yeah, Pooley, I've gotta agree with the actor business there. The movies, I think are lacking too, with respect to that department, but then again, they're kids. But oh well...

Favorite character? In the book it's Harry, Dumbledore, and Sirius. Too bad the latter died. Oh yeah, and it's only 20 days 'til the release of the Deathly Hallows. :D Or something close to it.

Oh I can't wait. Do you think it will be sold out? I hope they will leave one book for me....

In the books, I'd probably say Dumbledore. He's got the wisdom and mysterious factor working for him. I like to see characters that keep you guessing a lot.
And despite my dislike for the films, I'll most likely go and see the rest of them, just to see how they span out in comparison to the books. What I'd like to know is how the directors choose what parts of the books to include / not include? Because they aren't good at it...

No, they're probably going to get as many books out as possible, so I don't even think they're gonna run out. Especially with the demand for the books, it's unbelievable how much money Rowling's gonna get outta this.

Anyways, I'm sure you've all heard the rumors about who's gonna die and whatnot? Right?
I'm guessing it's Harry, 'cause Rowling did say that she didn't want any more sequels regarding the magical world.

Yeah, I heard that. And then
Neville will finish off Voldemort.
I have to say I'm not surprised. It seems that Rowling doesn't mind killing off main characters. I don't think killing Harry will have much of an impact now, after Sirius and Dumbledore have both been killed off in the last two books. Ah well.

In the books, I'd probably say Dumbledore. He's got the wisdom and mysterious factor working for him. I like to see characters that keep you guessing a lot.
And despite my dislike for the films, I'll most likely go and see the rest of them, just to see how they span out in comparison to the books. What I'd like to know is how the directors choose what parts of the books to include / not include? Because they aren't good at it...

It's always like that... Why do they take out bits from the book? I know it may take ages to see the movie but atleat the movie would tell the whole truth about Harry and others. It would be so much better. and yes they are bad...

Harry Potter is my second favorite book seris ever. i deff cant wait for the last book cuz ill be in at midnight and be done within the week.

my fav characters are harry and malfoy

Does this double as a discussion on the series as a whole, or is it just for the last book and the movie?

Oh well, not gonna stop me. :P
The books have been getting thicker lately, have you noticed?
She's been adding loads and loads of more details and sidetracks, for right now they're perfect, but if it was in the hands of another author, it would probably would've been dull. :P
Actually, I love how she makes it so understandable with such an adult content to it.

Well it's in the book section, so technically that's what we have to discuss :monster:.
They seem to be a bit long-winded now though =/. Some bits in the books just don't seem neccessary.

Yeah, its the book section, so can we stick to the books please? Im sure theres a HP thread in the movies section.

Im going to research the book prices at my local supermarkets and hope my mum can drive me out to one! As Im moving back home, Im miles from the nearest supermarket or book shop!

They seem to be a bit long-winded now though =/. Some bits in the books just don't seem neccessary.

Yeah, I guess they're just for spicing things up and keeping things active or something, though they really don't contribute to the plot. Such the cleaning of the drawing room in Order of the Phoenix, nothing much, just that it was pretty funny. :P

15 hours to go untill the launch of the final Harry Potter novel!! I cant believe its all going to end tonight!!! Im going to the mindight party again at my local Waterstones and getting plenty of pictures!

Its been said that 2 main characters will die, personally I believe it to be Nevillie and possibly Ginny, both dying to save Harry. Voldemort needs Harry to live and I cant see Harry being killed off. It would be too cliche for the hero to die. Also does anyone remember the prophey from Half Blood Prince? Maybe Harry was a decoy all along and Nevillie was to be the one to go agaisnt Voldemort as Harry and Nevillie have the same birthday.

Ugh...I've never really been much of a fan. Haven't really been against it, just never been into it. But this week with the book coming out tomorrow all I have to say is ugh... We've got two pallets of the damn books eating up the space in my bulk steel at work right now. I imagine those poor bastards in electronics are going to have their hands full with all the fans but at least we won't be running out any time soon.

I was just thinking about making a Harry Potter thread. I'm so glad the series is going to end. I hate Harry Potter with a fucking passion. It's diluted garbage if you ask me. It's flat out terrible and I'll be so happy when people finally stop yammering on about it. I hope the plot twist in the last book is that Harry Potter gets sodomized by a broomstick. Fucking serves that little asshole right.

Back