god...man or woman?

Gil
I have always belived there is something out there but i av always belived that god is a woman (goddess) so what gender do u think he/she is? :vincent: :seymour:

Oh dear, this is gonna be an interesting thread ...

Ive been brought up to believe Jesus was a man and thats how he stays in my head. Im not going to say anyone whom believes him to be a woman is wrong, but Ive been brought up to believe him as a male.

well everyone is going to have a different opionion arent they?

Yes, I do know that, hence why I said I wasnt going to say anyone was wrong for not believing the same as me.

Last edited:
God is supposed to protect and calm a person, if it's more calming for someone to believe God's a man then God's a man. If it's more calming for someone to believe God is a woman then God's a woman.

God will come at us the way we feel most comfortable, I think. I personally feel God is a man, because he's our Heavenly father creater.

In the 3 largest religions, God is probably a man. The father and the son etc and Allah is referred to as He.

But people who believe in the Trinity also say God is 3 'beings' coming from 1 'essence'. (Father, son and the holy spirit.) I don't know what gender a holy spirit is or this particular holy spirit is but it's probably a man. Or no gender and father and son we're representative words of God's role.

IMO, it doesn't exist anyway so the question is irrelevant to me.

I personally dont believe God is either a man or woman. I believe its a genderless entitiy.
My beliefs are different but in terms of a singular God I dont believe it has a gender or a "human" type form I think of it just a spirit if you will..

Hmmmmmmmmmm :hmmm:

God must be a man as he has a beard in all the paintings!

Obviously male, because he's useless.

No, not really. I don't think God is human form at all, I don't think there is a gender. I think God is spirit form. I'm agnostic, so I don't believe and I don't disbelieve. But I think if God existed, to be human wouldn't make sense, so I'll stick with God being genderless and a spirit form.

I personally dont believe God is either a man or woman. I believe its a genderless entitiy.
My beliefs are different but in terms of a singular God I dont believe it has a gender or a "human" type form I think of it just a spirit if you will..

I believe the same, but deep in my mind I also believe God is more of a energy type of entity. Simply some sort of energy which humans still cant explain or experience physically.

well me thinks she is a woman as thats my beliefs :)

[Mod Edit: Can you expand why maybe? Meaning is there something you can identify with maybe?]

Last edited by a moderator:
If God exists, then think it would be genderless because if there is a supreme being, I think it would be beyond a biological body. (lol my failed attempt to sound scientific) I always imagined God being a bright light or there was an artist that took pictures of drops of water and that was his image of God. If I do talk about a God I usually refer to it as a he out of habit.

As I don't believe in god I suppose my opinion is purposeless but I'm inclined to agree with Rydia: God is neither woman nor man, since if he were to exist, he probably wouldn't need to be limited by such things. God can be everything, so God is everything.

Says the agnostic. lol

Being agnostic, I would say that if a God does indeed exist, in whatever form, it would be genderless. Being "all powerful", it wouldn't be limited to a gender, it would just be an entity.

However, "Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit" is making my decision difficult. I suppose when we're asked this question the automatic answer would be male, seeing as how in most religions, the main God is usually a man.

I'm gonna lead into this by posting an argument I came up with way back when:

1. This argument comments only on the Christian God, as described in the Bible.
2. God creates woman because man needs woman.
3. God has no female counterpart.
4. Therefore, God cannot be male.

Leading into that, at the base, instinctual level, I'm more sympathetic to a feminine God. However, appealing to reason, I think that, were a God to exist, it would be:

1. Genderless, as it would be beyond our biology.
2. Benevolent, lacking in sin.
3. Tolerant of the limitations inherent in its creation.
4. Not omnipotent. Problem of Evil territory.

I find it very likely that there is no such being, so this is all quite irrelevent, but so is forum-browsing to begin with, amirite?

Neither, it doesn't exist.

The concept of god is genderless but as far as I can remember some scripts talk of god as "He" "His", and "Him". A divine being is exactly that, a devine being. It "exists" just as it is, it has no form or physical presence.

I think that we as humans can only speculate. The Bible was written by people, with God's guidance. We as a simple race cannot even begin to understand God and we are not meant to. When we die, will find what is waiting for us after death and all of our questions will be answered.

here the thing if their is a god then it will nto have a gender however.
Human males have gaint pride no way could they think as a powerful being could be a female.
Their for they made it a he right away

I did refer to God in a he/she manner, but recently I've come to refer to God only as "it" (Stephen King's no doubt going to sue my ass off for this one). If it does exist, I don't think it would have a form we could recognize. I believe even the most perceptive human being's mental limit is inhibited by some sense natural familiarity (sp?) and that what God really looks liks when be a shape and construct that we could not comprehend. Though we tend to think of ourselves as brilliant, we're rather limited. Our creativity only goes so far as we let it and I think that lately we've been drowning ourselves in a sense of superiority so long that we would believe that God is either a man or woman because that's all we can be (although some people can be both but let's not bring that into this). Who knows?

God is what ever comforts you most. A mother a father, he's all loving and trustful--I myself believe God is a he. Hence the Father creator-thing :3

Back