FFXIV
Jun Sasaki
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
FFF
god-eater-resurrection-art.jpg

t620x300-a177407d9e7dd396e7dcc6a02ade14c3.jpg

God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 2 Rage Burst are finally available for purchase outside of Japan!
Does anyone else play with (one of) them?:D
What do you think about it/them?
If you played the Japanese version(s) or the previous games (God Eater Burst for example) what do you think about the changes?

Trailers:

I've been playing the first game on occasion. Actually I first bought it on Vita as a PSP game...about a week before the remake was announced to be localized. So at that point I put the game down and waited for the better version. Since I didn't get too far in I can't comment much on the changes, but I know I'm definitely in favor of a) the higher rendering resolution, and b) proper right analog stick controls. I like to play on both Vita and PSTV, so those two points alone were worth re-buying the game to me (only $20 anyway, can't complain). While I haven't used it yet, the online functionality is also a big plus of the remaster over the PSP version.

Having played Monster Hunter games and Freedom Wars, I'm honestly not sure what I think of the gameplay systems in God Eater yet. Combat doesn't feel as tight and weighty as Monster Hunter but neither is it as fast and refined as Freedom Wars, it's just somewhere in between. Same with the inventory and equipment systems--in Monster Hunter literally everything has a purpose, and in Freedom Wars inventory was almost too easy to manage. God Eater seems to have the complexity of Monster Hunter but without so much purpose, although I may learn to use what it has to offer better with time.

Interesting game though, the style and game design are unique and the soundtrack is pretty darn epic as well. I wouldn't say it has grabbed me like the other two aforementioned games, but I do enjoy picking it up for a go now and then.

Back