Game character crushes....?

mikey_boson

ShinRa Guard
Gil
OK, so before I'm accused of being 'weird', I think we'd all agree that games companies tend to make their characters aesthetically pleasing. So I'm sure we've all secretly fancied certain people within the games that we play. I'm sure it's not to the extent that some people take it (for example, a South Korean guy married a pillow with a picture of an anime girl on it). However, I'm not ashamed to admit that there have been a number of female characters who I've found quite attractive over the years. And so, if I were to pick my top gaming crushes, in no particular order, I would chose:

Rikki
Cassiopeia (from Ni No Kuni)
Milla (from Tales of Xillia)
Kerrigan (from Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Now that I've reached nerd (or embarrassment) level 68, come on people, share with me which gaming characters you got a little bit too attached to!

I agree with you 100% and I don't find it weird at all to find a video game character attractive!

I can't remember all of the games I've played so here's a list of what comes to my mind right now:

Females:
✣ Paine (FFX-2)
✣ Fang (FFXIII)
✣ Jill (Resident Evil)
✣ Lady (DMC3)

Males:
✣ Caius (FFXIII-2)
✣ Noel (FFXIII-2)
✣ Dante (DMC 2/3)
✣ Guy (Tales of the Abyss)
✣ Gladiolus (FFXV)

• Karin Koenig from Shadow Hearts: Covenant.
  • Rose and Miranda from The Legend of Dragoon.
  • Opera Vectra from Star Ocean: Second Evolution.
  • Trish from the Devil May Cry series.
  • Nel Zelpher from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

King from Final Fantasy Type-0 (HD) is pretty darn cute! :blush:

Seifer from FFVIII. I named my chihuahua dog after Seifer when I was a teenager.

...He might have been the only serious one.

Aye, I see nothing wrong with video game crushes. People have crushes on film characters and celebrities, why not video game characters? If it's weird, then I'll proudly be weird.

• Catherine (Catherine - yes, her)
  • Kei Nagase (Ace Combat)
  • Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider... reboot)
  • Rinoa Heartilly (FFVIII)
  • Yuna (FFX)
  • Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)
  • Yukiko Amagi (SMT: Persona 4)
  • Mitsuru (SMT: Persona 3)
  • Yukari Tukaba (SMT: Persona 3)
  • My own characters in FFXIV and a few other MMOs.

Liara (Mass Effect)
Bastila (KoTOR)
Malik (Deus Ex Human Revolution)
Yuna (FFX)
Rinoa (FF8)
Xion (Kingdom Hearts)

Geek level 9000 achieved :P

In order of severity

1. Joel from the Last of Us
2. Adam Jensen, Deus Ex
3. Nathan Drake, Uncharted
4. Cloud Strife, FFVII
5. Corvo Attano, Dishonored

Corvo Attano, what can I say. I like em dark and broody :pooley:

Cloud used to be my favorite. But I've waited long enough for them to stop making Cloud look so anime. In the original game he was supposed to be manly and 'american-ish' and yet he's doe-eyed and typical anime-looks. the dissidia arcade game was the final kick

Nathan Drake is in third place because his face changes too often. His new face looks sexy most times but it looks so different from old Nate I just cant get over it

Adam is as sexy as he was in human revolution. he's got this clint eastwood look but has cloud's personality. just unfffff

Joel, papa-wolf. I like them rugged, manly, and with a bit of an attitude. Joel is quiet possibly the sexiest male character in recent years.

When I was really young, the top of the list for me was definitely Tifa by a long way. I really loved her. Her personality as well as her appearance, I might add.
But nothing too extreme, worrying or weird.

Maybe Nina Williams from Tekken too. That one wasn't about her personality at all...

I'm not sure if I really 'crush' on characters in an obsessive way because I know I'm never going to get anything back in return. But do I find some characters attractive? Certainly! Loads. Too many to list because characters are often designed with that goal in mind. I certainly wouldn't say that I have developed any memorable 'crushes' on video game characters in recent years that I can recall.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Hmm... I'm a simpleton, maybe.

Tifa Lockhart is my girl crush. Then for the boys... Cloud, Zell, Reno, Axel... etc.

You know on TV when characters have those moments of realization when thunder crackles in the background and the character goes into spiraling horror? Something like that happened to me just a moment ago.

I was probably 10 or 11. FFX had been out for a short while and my tiny brain was tiny. I also had this obsession to dairy everything in poorly written cursive. Also my brain was tiny.

The only thing I remember is hearing my annoying, snarky teenage brother and his friend, who wasn't very nice - I didn't like her, sitting there telling me about how they 'read my diary' and that I wrote that I 'love Tidus' and that I 'wanted to marry him.'

And you know what fam? They were right. I wrote those horrifying things, all from my tiny brain, all into my poorly written tiny-brain diary. I was 10. 11. I WAS IN LOVE. Tidus was a MAN to me! He was MATURE in my tiny-brain mind.

I was embarrassed, mortified even! Such embarrassing thoughts had graced themselves in the form of ink down upon my NOT SO PRIVATE DIARY. Is nothing sacred? Obviously I lied and said that they were wrong...... but we all knew.

And now so do you.

I think I have said diary somewhere still! The horror!

It isn't like I hadn't played FF7-9 until that point, so I'm not sure why Tidus was the object of my affection back then 😅 I think it was just because I was playing the game at the time. I think my forever crush will always be Zidane & Dagger, though maybe that's more supportive in my OTP instead, or at least walks on a fine line between the two. I've probably had small crushes on a lot of various characters over the years though! Most notably Cloud, Laguna, Reno, apparently Tidus, Zack, etc., - My girl crushes weren't as diverse, but Tifa was one of them I remember. I liked Aeris but she was too girly for tom-boy tiny-brained me.

I know when I was a kid I had a massive crush on Rinoa from FF8. Something about her design appealed to my little boy brain. She was a cute.

As an adult, I think most of my game crushes are probably characters from Paladins Champions of the Realm. Specifically Evie, Seris, and Cassie.

Also Chloe Frazier. She'll always have a spot in me heart.

Back