First details on Final Fantasy Legends: Warriors of Light and Darkness [7/19]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
A few months ago, Square Enix trademarked “Final Fantasy Legends” and “Warriors of Light and Darkness.” It now appears that both of these are for one game, Final Fantasy Legends: Warriors of Light and Darkness.

Final Fantasy Legends: Warriors of Light and Darkness is a brand new game made specifically for mobile phones, according to NeoGAF. Like the classic Final Fantasy titles, Warriors of Light and Darkness features 2D graphics, a job ability system and Active-Time Battle combat (with a five member party, similar to Final Fantasy IV). The logo will be designed by Yoshitaka Amano.

Final Fantasy Legends: Warriors of Light and Darkness will be released on September for iMode and later in the winter for EZWeb. Don’t expect this to come out in the west unless Square Enix decided to port the mobile game to another platform similar to what they did with Final Fantasy IV: The After Years on the WiiWare service of the Nintendo Wii.

Source: Examiner

Another one for mobile phones....how....exciting.... >.<

Knowing SE, they'll probably announce a western release next year for the DS or Wiiware. And if that ever happens, I'd rather they don't release it on Wiiware and rip us off with overly priced individual chapters and other miscellaneous forms of content. :hmmm:

This didnt get any better to be honest. SE really need to stop making games on the damn phone. I really dont know why its exciting to play on such a little thing. At least make them into psp games like they did last time. Its good they are porting it though.

Not another mobile game.... does anyone even buy these?

They must sell well, otherwise SE wouldn't be bothering with unpopular formats. :hmmm:

And seeing as Japan is so fond of handheld gaming (and not as much with home console gaming), I'm not really surprised that phones garner a bit of popularity with certain gamers. :dave:

I don't see why they choose mobile phones over the NDS. They've sold 31 million NDS' in Japan alone and they love handheld gaming so surely from a profitable point of view the NDS would make more sense :hmmm:

These mobile phone games must be for every mobile phone in Japan... or everyone in Japan must have the same phone, because unless they released games sporadically for just a few brands, it would really make no sense. So they must sell well there.

But huzzah. A new mobile game. How exciting.

~~~bweeeh

Screenshots brutha.

AP27T71Ch3y5Y3qGQVAqU1E4jc8cTjhb.jpg
LRm362MfD298r1U89rvSfEInqLa2L64l.jpg
bVZh4wUdcz884nZC1X42Q5lvfR9jyCW9.jpg
CZa3gAJHrQl9y3H7aX869W582wlXy24Q.jpg

^ That is certainly far more appealing visual wise than what I have seen from 4 Heroes of Light. That game has (in my opinion) a mess of an art style that really does not do it for me. At least in this game, despite its strong resemblance to the first FF game, I'm drawn in to the familiarity of colourful 2D sprites goodness.

Seeing as this is for phones, I can't see why SE wouldn't bother giving it a global release but for the iPhone and iTouch.

Ugh, it's ALWAYS mobile phones.
Mobiles phones, this! mobile phones that! Will it ever end?!!

Nice to see 2bits again, though.

Hmm, yeah i'll be the one to add that mobile games aren't my cup of tea, if you will :hmmm: Games like this shouldn't be on the phone I don't think. It just doesn't suit it.. but yeah, it must be doing well if SE is willing to continue releasing it on the mobile. Like Ry said, NDS sounds and makes more sense. Or... why not both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back