Final Fantasy X: The Lost Records

Rakghoul Serum

Gil
treasurechest.jpg

Final Fantasy X: The Lost Records
You have uncovered a chest worn by time. Upon opening the wooden box, eighteen dusty vinyl records reveal themselves. You place the first record closest to you on your player, and set the needle near the center. You turn on your record player and begin to listen to the story of Tidus, Yuna, and her other guardians unfold. This story, lost to time, is now reborn. What would it have been like, to have joined them on this journey? You wonder, dreamily as you listen to the Lost Records.

-If you are having trouble with the playlist link, here is a link to the channel - you should be able to find the playlist in 'Created Playlists' section

Youtube Channel

Last edited:
I've actually really been enjoying listening to this playing in the background. I like to play ambience music in the background from time to time and this has been hitting the spot - Love the concept too!

Thanks for sharing!

I've actually really been enjoying listening to this playing in the background. I like to play ambience music in the background from time to time and this has been hitting the spot - Love the concept too!

Thanks for sharing!

I'm so glad you enjoy it! that makes me so happy. I really wanted to listen to something like this, so i had to try and put it together. It was a lot of fun to make :)

This is such a cool project of yours. Like Dagger, there's something about this that just grasps the right emotions. FFX really did have one of the best soundtracks, in my opinion, and to see it laid out like this is quite unique. I support this, you've earned another subscriber!

This is such a cool project of yours. Like Dagger, there's something about this that just grasps the right emotions. FFX really did have one of the best soundtracks, in my opinion, and to see it laid out like this is quite unique. I support this, you've earned another subscriber!

Thank you!! I'm so happy to hear you like it!
I would be at it for hours, listening to the songs and picking vocals out of a large batch of SFX. I knew I liked how they sounded, it really brings me joy to hear that you like the choices i made with the vocals :)

I’m going to give it a proper listen in the coming days, but I love this concept! With the story you used to introduce it to us, it’s a sort of musical twist on the ‘found footage’ genre. That’s unique, very haunting, but also fitting for the FFX universe (with discovered sphere recordings being important to the story).

I love the vintage look and crackling sound you give to it, and the vocal clips sound crisp as in an old recording. The ghosts of Spira are talking to us, and this is a completely original way of presenting FFX to us.

Thanks for sharing!

@Dionysos Weird, you also thought it was haunting? I was going to use that word to describe it earlier too, but then I lost where I was going with it. Hauntingly beautiful, indeed... quaint, even.

@Mitsuki

It really is haunting. It reminds me of the Bioshock franchise (and other games that do similar things) where you discover the recordings of people who are long gone. It's unsettling, but also you can feel connected to these people you'll never meet as you take in your devastated surroundings.

With FFX we obviously know the characters already, but it is both haunting and beautiful to hear their story presented in this way.

Wow, this just brings me so much joy, to hear about your reactions to the music. I'm really very grateful that you have listened to / plan to listen to more, and are truly experiencing it in such a way. Better than I could ever have hoped for!

I really loved listening to them, and was the only one to listen to them, for around a year, until I uploaded them a couple days ago now.

Really, i'm just happier than I could have expected, I wanted to illicit some of the things you said, like having a haunting feeling.

Back