Tactics Final Fantasy Tactics - Discussion Thread

The game is so easy ones u know how to use classes and mix them togather... u can make character so God like in this game

johnnyboyjr. said:
The game is so easy ones u know how to use classes and mix them togather... u can make character so God like in this game

Yeah, but only 'til you've gone through Deep Dungeon. DD isn't easy, considering it's always dark unless there's a crystal, and the enemies there are ten levels higher than your's.

Even then, the game isn't easy, at least not early on. There are several story battles that give a lot of people trouble, as well as throw them off-guard. For instance, the series of battles at Riovannes Castle.

Well if you used the special classes, the game will definitely be easy.
Try avoiding 'em if you want a challenge.
Especially Orlandu Cid, the guy's pretty unbalanced.

Deep Dungeon isn't difficult, but it was annoying.
Worth playin' through though.

It was the first time i used my brain in a while!
I rushed through the game so my characters werent fully developed enough but my tactics and strategies were very good combined with class mastery and skills. lol i feel like a mad gamer

Well you should. The game's difficulty wasn't that high, but at some points still proved a challenge.

Unlike FFT-A... if it weren't for that annoying factor(laws), the game would be a breeze.

Well you should. The game's difficulty wasn't that high, but at some points still proved a challenge.

Unlike FFT-A... if it weren't for that annoying factor(laws), the game would be a breeze.
I also thought the stupid laws were crap, i wish there was hack to remove them so I could try the game without them.

Simeon said:
Yes it was better than FFTA but many game mags said FFTA was better than FFT!!

The writer who said that was tossin' back a few bottles of sake at the time. (I can make fun of journalists because I want to be one, too.)

Hah, Riovanes Castle seems to be the common bump in the road for lovers of FFT. Yeah, that was a hard group of battles. It only took me a couple of weeks of just trying over and over, but my little brother had to restart the game because he saved after the first battle (outside) and was too weak to beat the second one (Wiegraf/Velius)!

Oddly, it took me a little while to get past Dorter Trade City the first time I played through the game. I was still new to RPGs at the time (I'd only started playing FFVII a couple of months before), so I'll use that for my excuse.

Does anybody have a favorite battle? I like the Orbonne Monastery battles (the first time you go, not the end of the game), especially the one where you have to fight Izlude at the bottom of the basement. I just kept thinking, Why is he jumping in a basement?

the thing the makes this game argubly the best game ever is its use of two story lines which is the Zodiac Brave story and the Lions War Story...so pretty much through the game u play one storyline as Ramza and u read about a second storyline , the Lions War story.(Eventhough its in the past) Another thing i found very interesting were the side missions that u can do at the bar..and u find items, places, etc that tell u about the world of Ivalice. Now this game has 3 different stories to tell. How these stories intertwine with each other is y this is the best games ever made. O yea...did anyone mention the music in the game....its the BEST. Never got bored of listening to it:)

ya i loved this game and ive beat it like 5 times and i just recently read about the deep dungeons which is very interesting. You can aquire characters there that are very high lvls like 93. I think the hardest battle i fought is the one where its only Ramza and you have to fight Wiegraf. It took me a few days to figure out how to beat him but i did. The next battle was fairly hard but it didnt take me long to beat.

Challenging yes, which is one of my favourite aspects of the game.
And there is one uber unfair battle, where you have to protect this girl, and there were two female Assassins with annoying attacks pwning you.

I lost that battle about 6 times! *shakes fist*
I murderd that battle... but then again I'm just so darn strategic I don't have trouble with any of the battles in any game...

yea the awsome.......the secert charater i saw on filter wasent it like number two or one? anyway that game was hard! (i have not played it in a wile...like 2002) i finnaly quit when you have to fight that guy where its just you and him then he summons demons and some people come and help you. yea i finnaly beat him then i had to fight that weird sword guy. i just couldnt beat him. now its too scrtched up to play.>< but yea i wasent really good at that game, so can you guys tell me how to unlock samuri and dargoon.
You don't unlock them they have prerequisites that you need to raise certain jobs to certain levels to be able to be that specific class...

I think FFT is definitelly worth another playthrough, especially if you missed key items and abilities like me.(i.e. the rare Genji Equipment and Ramza's Ultima).

Have you guys ever tried the JP Scroll Trick? Well, it's more like a glitch similar to the Duplication Trick. It saved me a lot of time when developing my characters.
Yea i used the glitch but I didn't know it had a name so just to be sure your talking about the one where if you can scroll you hold square and then r2 to go down and accept which causes a glitch in the game to give you 9999 ap... The only problem with that is that you can master jobs at level 2... So you can't show anyone your file and claim to have beaten the game.
Also I don't playthrough games again unless I really liked the game like in this situation, so what I do is not miss anything during my first playthrough...

Final Fantasy Tactics is definately better then FFTA. I've played FFT probably more then 20 times now....lost count. Have any of you tried masterin all the jobs? or have any of you seen the final summon at the end of the game? i never got the chance to see it
Final​
You mean zodiac you that snake guy uses it on you I forgot his name but you have to have all summoners but one guy the make a summoner get hit by zodiac and use it on the guy so he can cast it onto another summoner. repeat those steps until he finally and lastly casts it onto your not summoner then you kick his ass...

wow, you could have just combined it into one post!
Anyways, Ive been playing FF Tactics for 2 days, im replaying it, I understand the story more, it's an awesome game, did anyone finish it?

Yeah, I finished about three times with all of the secret characters (Beowulf, Cloud, etc.). The only thing I've never done on that game is complete Deep Dungeon (getting Zodiac, Byblos, etc.).

ROFL what a nice game it's definetely the best FF version released but it was soo cheap I mean once you gain Orlandu Cid it's pretty much GG. Talking about deep dungeon is hard and shit? ROFL Orlandu alone will own them without being talking serious damage hahaha.

ROFL what a nice game it's definetely the best FF version released but it was soo cheap I mean once you gain Orlandu Cid it's pretty much GG. Talking about deep dungeon is hard and shit? ROFL Orlandu alone will own them without being talking serious damage hahaha.

Try playing the game without signing Orlandu and Agrias. That will give you more of a challange.

I loved this game over most of the other Final fantasies, I know people will be jaw dropped by that comment, its true. the first time I played it I was like 6 and I was still doing awesomely on it, until the battle where you first encounter black mages. then a couple years later I played it again and just went insane, beating it in 2 days....almost no sleep. I love the storyline, the characters, and the fact that the story's timeline jumps around a bit. I also loved the map screen., like moving around how you did and everything.

MY favorite character ever was Orlandu, I know its a bit Cliched, but he was. I nicknamed him "Hell on Wheels", and all my friends know I'm talking about Orlandu when I say that. his theme song is AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" ^_^. but, yeah, throughout the entire time I had Orlandu, he never got KO'd once, and one time, by accident, I ended a stage with him at exactly 1 hp. After he mastered his class, I made him into a samurai who used knight swords(and his uber skillz) and he rocked even more!

I completed every single one of the sidequests, got all the best weapons, did everything I could in that game throughout my 13 playthroughs. This game's replay value is over the top in so many ways. You can change your main character's classes, use different storyline characters as main characters, and do so many other things that you would NEVER get bored with this game!

The only thing challenging about the deep dungeon was the last dungeon where you get the 13th Zodiac stone. That boss guy was hard as heck but the battle was much easier because of that little monster that was on your side for somet strange reason.

I thought the last few battles were easy. The Final Boss was also charging too long so it gave me all the time in the world to inflict massive damage. The only thing I thought was to eliminate the strong story characters from the battlefield.

The game is supposed to be a game where the player create stradegies to adapt to the certain situations but Orlandu throws it way off.

Back