Final Fantasy III prequel?

Razberry Knight

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Should Final Fantasy III have a prequel? FF3 makes a lot of references to past events, and many of the characters are relevant to the past events. Before the events of FF3, the world was almost destroyed by the light until the dark warriors saved the world. Other past events were the Archmage (Magus) Noah granting his 3 disciples gifts, leading to Xande, one of the disciples becoming rebellious and causing the events of FF3. In the prequel we could be playing as the previous Dark Warriors in efforts to save the world from the flood of light. Noah, Unei, Dalg and Xande can be characters we see before gaining their abilities.

We can have a better understanding other characters too that we didn't get a chance to understand properly such as Desch, the ancient guardian of the tower of own that keeps the floating content up. One of the characters we can see again is Cloud of Darkness as she appears when there's an imbalance of light and darkness in the world.

What could be interesting also is possibly the crystals themselves. In FF3 the crystals had job abilities within them. What could be interesting is to know how the crystals obtained jobs. But just fan thinking. what do you all think?

I had never really considered the idea before but now that you mention it that could be fairly interesting indeed. It's been a while since I played FFIII but as I remember it I just kind of blindly accepted all the references to past events. The game didn't feel like it had plot holes needing to be filled, but there is definitely room for showing off some backstory. I might play a prequel if it was made.

Another thing i forgot to mention was explore more of the dark world. But i'm glad someone liked the idea.

Personally, with all the background information, i'm sure it will be even better than FFIV: The After Years.

Technically you can play as dark warriors in FF Dimensions for smartphone. But to play as Dark warriors exclusively would be most interesting for FF.

Back